Paul Martin

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Paul Martin

Postby offsides on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:40 pm

Luckybreak wrote:
offsides wrote:
meow wrote:This entire Paul Martin argument is tiring.


I don't know, it is kind of fun to watch posters insult and bad mouth each other. :pop:


Not sure why it turned into that considering we seemed to agree about Martin himself lol!


IMO this whole board has become rather testy lately. If you disagree with certain people, look out. I'm still blaming it on hockey withdrawl and the quick exit from the SC playoffs.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,554
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: Paul Martin

Postby meow on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:41 pm

offsides wrote:
Luckybreak wrote:
offsides wrote:
meow wrote:This entire Paul Martin argument is tiring.


I don't know, it is kind of fun to watch posters insult and bad mouth each other. :pop:


Not sure why it turned into that considering we seemed to agree about Martin himself lol!


IMO this whole board has become rather testy lately. If you disagree with certain people, look out. I'm still blaming it on hockey withdrawl and the quick exit from the SC playoffs.

I blame it on people taking themselves too seriously.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,449
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Paul Martin

Postby Mongoose87 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:22 pm

meow wrote:I blame it on people taking themselves too seriously.

I blame Obama.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,908
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:04 pm
Location: The breakfast table of TRIUMPH!

Re: Paul Martin

Postby bhaw on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:18 pm

Luckybreak wrote:... bunch of crap...


:roll: Your original point is that Shero didn't throw one player under the bus for a bad season (he didn't have) after a loss that was a total team meltdown. Super rational...

You're right, I didn't think you meant publicly b/c that makes no sense. Not sure why that would be expected now, especially after such a magnificent melt down in the playoffs.

I'll just say you "won" here. And with an article that was written 3 days after the team just got eliminated from a series they got humiliated in (let up 30 goals... might be shocking to some that Martin didn't let them all up), it was definitely the time to single out one player's season above all else. As a matter of fact, I can't think of a better time to hold a player accountable, like in private when having exit interviews about the past season (that would be a terrible time). Just giving you that is much easier than trying to figure out how you rationally think that point in time, less than 72 hours after the team was eliminated, was the right time to pick one player out of the group and hold him accountable above all else. I look forward to you telling me my thoughts on any players we sing going forward this summer!
Last edited by bhaw on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,248
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: Paul Martin

Postby bhaw on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:19 pm

Mongoose87 wrote:
meow wrote:I blame it on people taking themselves too seriously.

I blame Obama.


blame it on the rain.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,248
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: Paul Martin

Postby joopen on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:36 pm

bhaw wrote:
Mongoose87 wrote:
meow wrote:I blame it on people taking themselves too seriously.

I blame Obama.


blame it on the rain.

There's no raiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,868
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:17 pm
Location: right behind you

Re: Paul Martin

Postby FallenHero96 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:43 am

bhaw wrote:
Mongoose87 wrote:
meow wrote:I blame it on people taking themselves too seriously.

I blame Obama.


blame it on the rain.


Now you got me singing it. Thanks. Yeah Milli Vanilli were fake, but this funky little song was pretty good IMO

FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,656
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:39 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: Paul Martin

Postby meow on Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:31 am

Mongoose87 wrote:
meow wrote:I blame it on people taking themselves too seriously.

I blame Obama.

I thought this was understood. My apologizes.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,449
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Paul Martin

Postby Luckybreak on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:01 am

Firstly you insult me (again),
bhaw wrote:
Luckybreak wrote:... bunch of crap...

and in doing so prove yourself less capable of polite, logical, discussion than the children at the special needs school at which I work.

You hammer my point home by contradicting yourself (well done there):
bhaw wrote::roll: Your original point is that Shero didn't throw one player under the bus for a bad season (he didn't have)

bhaw wrote:It's not defending Paul Martin in the slightest and actually acknowledges the fact that he didn't play well (had I though he played well, I probably would have questions what PM had to be held accountable for


I will continue with another example of you misunderstanding me:
bhaw wrote:how you rationally think that point in time, less than 72 hours after the team was eliminated, was the right time to pick one player out of the group and hold him accountable

When did I say anything in my original post blaming Martin for the playoffs? The article I referenced was the first that popped up in Google and just happened to be written after the playoffs. In the quote Shero defends PM's play during the last 20 games of the regular season whilst the author (NOT ME) calls out both Martin and Michalek for underperforming following the playoffs.

bhaw wrote:after a loss that was a total team meltdown. Super rational...

It was never my intention to blame the playoff collapse, the JFK assassination, famine in Africa or 911 on Paul Martin, I was simply stating that at no point during the regular or post season was Martin held publicly accountable for what was IMO one of his worst seasons, irrespective of how the rest of the team played.

I hope we can both move on from this misunderstanding as I'm sure there are more constructive things to be doing with our respective lives. If, however, you cannot resist another attempt at insulting me and perpetuating a pointless argument, try to relax and stay away from whatever is making you so angry. Perhaps a walk outdoors away from the computer, or some deep breathing?
Luckybreak
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:57 am
Location: Ash UK

Re: Paul Martin

Postby darkstar57 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:49 am

Luckybreak wrote:Firstly you insult me (again),
bhaw wrote:
Luckybreak wrote:... bunch of crap...

and in doing so prove yourself less capable of polite, logical, discussion than the children at the special needs school at which I work.

You hammer my point home by contradicting yourself (well done there):
bhaw wrote::roll: Your original point is that Shero didn't throw one player under the bus for a bad season (he didn't have)

bhaw wrote:It's not defending Paul Martin in the slightest and actually acknowledges the fact that he didn't play well (had I though he played well, I probably would have questions what PM had to be held accountable for


I will continue with another example of you misunderstanding me:
bhaw wrote:how you rationally think that point in time, less than 72 hours after the team was eliminated, was the right time to pick one player out of the group and hold him accountable

When did I say anything in my original post blaming Martin for the playoffs? The article I referenced was the first that popped up in Google and just happened to be written after the playoffs. In the quote Shero defends PM's play during the last 20 games of the regular season whilst the author (NOT ME) calls out both Martin and Michalek for underperforming following the playoffs.

bhaw wrote:after a loss that was a total team meltdown. Super rational...

It was never my intention to blame the playoff collapse, the JFK assassination, famine in Africa or 911 on Paul Martin, I was simply stating that at no point during the regular or post season was Martin held publicly accountable for what was IMO one of his worst seasons, irrespective of how the rest of the team played.

I hope we can both move on from this misunderstanding as I'm sure there are more constructive things to be doing with our respective lives. If, however, you cannot resist another attempt at insulting me and perpetuating a pointless argument, try to relax and stay away from whatever is making you so angry. Perhaps a walk outdoors away from the computer, or some deep breathing?



Holy use of quotes batman

PS. no one reads post like this
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,085
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:13 pm
Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Re: Paul Martin

Postby Luckybreak on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:03 pm

darkstar57 wrote:Holy use of quotes batman

PS. no one reads post like this


Thanks, but I needed to respond to some insults and clarify a misunderstanding as clearly as I could. I agree the whole thing is not worth reading for most LGPers, but I couldn't just pick up the phone to discuss it with bhaw.
Luckybreak
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:57 am
Location: Ash UK

Re: Paul Martin

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:49 pm

I remember when I had excess time and got bored enough to engage in multiple responses in an argument.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,970
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Paul Martin

Postby darkstar57 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:04 pm

Luckybreak wrote:
darkstar57 wrote:Holy use of quotes batman

PS. no one reads post like this


Thanks, but I needed to respond to some insults and clarify a misunderstanding as clearly as I could. I agree the whole thing is not worth reading for most LGPers, but I couldn't just pick up the phone to discuss it with bhaw.



I think this link is satisfactory enough

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhetorical_question
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,085
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:13 pm
Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


e-mail