Lockout

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Lockout

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:37 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:He doesn't get paid if the players are still locked out. Not sure what's hard to understand about that.


Listen. Will he get paid for the year, while players will not?


NO. HE WON'T BE PAID IF THE PLAYERS ARE STILL LOCKED OUT.

Jesus. It's right there in front of you. He's not getting paid until the players do.


If the season is lost, the players are not going to get paid. Will Fehr still get his $3 million whever they do sign the new CBA?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,283
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Re: Lockout

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:37 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:What if the season is cancelled, but a deal is reached so that there is a season next year? Does Fehr get paid for this year and next year?


That's what I'm trying to get to.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,283
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Re: Lockout

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:38 pm

Sarcastic wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:What if the season is cancelled, but a deal is reached so that there is a season next year? Does Fehr get paid for this year and next year?


That's what I'm trying to get to.

:fist: Trying to mediate this disagreement, because I wasn't sure everyone understood your point.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,663
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: Lockout

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:39 pm

lol, I know.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,283
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Re: Lockout

Postby MRandall25 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:43 pm

I would assume Fehr only gets paid when the players do (meaning if the season gets cancelled, he doesn't get paid for it).
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,891
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Lockout

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:51 pm

He gets paid for his time once the CBA is settled.

So yes he will get paid, maybe indirectly but he is not doing this for free unless the lockout is never resolved.

This entire pr push about him not getting paid is stupid, it's just delayed payments since no money is coming in now.

If the season is cancelled the players are out $2 million plus each and Fehr will get paid eventually.

The end.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,117
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa

Re: Lockout

Postby interstorm on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:53 pm

Sarcastic wrote:btw, I didn't realize he was such a hardass (looking at wiki). What these players expected, I don't know.


Do you think it is by some random chance that Fehr got here?
interstorm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 732
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:53 pm

Re: Lockout

Postby no name on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:55 pm

I can't believe Fehr gets the players to follow him so blindly. "what ever you say Don, we are right behind you." They are losing wages they will never see again. I can see if they were working on rewriting the CBA to look totally different, or fighting for a higher cause. But at best they are not going to rework the CBA to be over the top infavor of the players.

Bettman i think knew when dealing with Don he had to play like this. Don hasn't figured Hockey is a totally different beast than baseball, the tactics have to be different.

And DOn has been involved with 3 different sports, how much of a learning curve do you really need to have. 18 months to learn....???

Also Fehr let the NHLPA know he was intrested in the job, they never contacted him. He also informed the players, PA how to get rid of th last leader to pave the way for him.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,107
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:19 pm

Re: Lockout

Postby MRandall25 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:58 pm

As I recall, the owners are locking the players out. The players didn't bring this on themselves.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,891
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Lockout

Postby shmenguin on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:00 pm

i don't see the relevancy of fehr's compensation. his job is to get the best possible deal for the players. holding out long enough to cancel a season is one of his tactics, but it's not his ultimate goal.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,151
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Lockout

Postby Pitt87 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:02 pm

MRandall25 wrote:As I recall, the owners are locking the players out. The players didn't bring this on themselves.


There is no absolution here. No one is working to solve the issues, and players misrepresentation is part of the problem.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,281
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:33 am
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Re: Lockout

Postby tfrizz on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:04 pm

shmenguin wrote:i don't see the relevancy of fehr's compensation. his job is to get the best possible deal for the players. holding out long enough to cancel a season is one of his tactics, but it's not his ultimate goal.


At least compare it to the $8-million per year Bettman makes.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,536
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: Lockout

Postby MRandall25 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:05 pm

Pitt87 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:As I recall, the owners are locking the players out. The players didn't bring this on themselves.


There is no absolution here. No one is working to solve the issues, and players misrepresentation is part of the problem.


I wouldn't say they're being misrepresented. They want the best deal they can get while, maintaining league health.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,891
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Lockout

Postby shmenguin on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:06 pm

MRandall25 wrote:As I recall, the owners are locking the players out. The players didn't bring this on themselves.


it's a good thing this slant doesn't matter at all, or else we wouldn't have a salary cap and this league would still be one giant bag of charcoal.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,151
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Lockout

Postby shmenguin on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:10 pm

tfrizz wrote:
shmenguin wrote:i don't see the relevancy of fehr's compensation. his job is to get the best possible deal for the players. holding out long enough to cancel a season is one of his tactics, but it's not his ultimate goal.


At least compare it to the $8-million per year Bettman makes.


well they both make a lot of money. and whether it's deserved...who knows. but it definitely benefits both of them to NOT cancel the season. this lockout is threatening to undo the progress that bettman worked his butt off to build over the last 8 years. this is probably eating his insides up right now. and Fehr knows that he loses all his leverage the second the season is cancelled.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,151
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Lockout

Postby MRandall25 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:11 pm

shmenguin wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:As I recall, the owners are locking the players out. The players didn't bring this on themselves.


it's a good thing this slant doesn't matter at all, or else we wouldn't have a salary cap and this league would still be one giant bag of charcoal.


I was more referring to no name's post which said "The players brought this on themselves."

And no, the system would've been the same as last year...
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,891
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Lockout

Postby interstorm on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:12 pm

no name wrote:Bettman i think knew when dealing with Don he had to play like this. Don hasn't figured Hockey is a totally diferent beast than baseball, the tactics have to be different.



I would imagine the end goals for Bettman and the NHL would have been the same regardless of PA rep. To think otherwise is to say the NHL is literally looking to punish the NHLPA.

So with that said, most of the union is in line and say they are much more informed now than in the past. Having players sit in and listen, just for transparency of the proceedings, prevents fractioning basted on wild speculation.

So with the NHL's hard line (more rollbacks), it makes sense for Fehr to be the counter balance to Bettman. I don't like it. I don't like him...but I don't like Bettman either.

I do, however, understand it.
interstorm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 732
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:53 pm

Re: Lockout

Postby interstorm on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:29 pm

Sarcastic wrote:I always wondered how much they pay the terrorist. Well. It's $3 million dollars a year. I started laughing when I read that because this guy is making $3m and players will probably lose a whole year's worth of salary. lmao.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/feed/2010-08/nhlpa-turns-to-fehr/story/donald-fehrs-election-as-nhla-head-could-be-near


...also (to beat a dead horse a little more) - do the math. If his salary was evenly divided (??), $3 million is only between 4 and 5 thousand a player. That's not really much - especially if he can save rollbacks or get an extra percentage of HRR.

I'm sure many players (when getting paid) drop that on a laid back weekend...
interstorm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 732
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:53 pm

Re: Lockout

Postby Pitts on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:38 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:I always wondered how much they pay the terrorist. Well. It's $3 million dollars a year. I started laughing when I read that because this guy is making $3m and players will probably lose a whole year's worth of salary. lmao.


And yet another person forgets that he's not getting paid until the lockout is over... :face:

Not to mention that he is actually working while the players are not. If I'm doing a job I was hired for, I would expect to get paid.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,774
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Re: Lockout

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:38 pm

I just find it funny that GB gets bashed for allowing loop holes in the contracts in the last CBA while at the same time sticking to his guns about not allowing those same loop holes this time around.

While I think a 5 year limit is a little bit much I have no problem with the concept.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,117
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa

Re: Lockout

Postby no name on Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:06 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:As I recall, the owners are locking the players out. The players didn't bring this on themselves.


it's a good thing this slant doesn't matter at all, or else we wouldn't have a salary cap and this league would still be one giant bag of charcoal.


I was more referring to no name's post which said "The players brought this on themselves."

And no, the system would've been the same as last year...


Where did i say that?? LOL
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,107
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:19 pm

Re: Lockout

Postby no name on Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:09 pm

interstorm wrote:
no name wrote:Bettman i think knew when dealing with Don he had to play like this. Don hasn't figured Hockey is a totally diferent beast than baseball, the tactics have to be different.



I would imagine the end goals for Bettman and the NHL would have been the same regardless of PA rep. To think otherwise is to say the NHL is literally looking to punish the NHLPA.

So with that said, most of the union is in line and say they are much more informed now than in the past. Having players sit in and listen, just for transparency of the proceedings, prevents fractioning basted on wild speculation.

So with the NHL's hard line (more rollbacks), it makes sense for Fehr to be the counter balance to Bettman. I don't like it. I don't like him...but I don't like Bettman either.

I do, however, understand it.


I understand it, but you have to adjust to your competition, Don is the best thats why he gets this kind of work. Other guys might of engaged earlier, or already made a deal. Fehr has done this on many levels, the biggest stages, the players are in good hands. Its my love of hockey that makes me hate this whole scenerio.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,107
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:19 pm

Re: Lockout

Postby MRandall25 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:21 pm

no name wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:As I recall, the owners are locking the players out. The players didn't bring this on themselves.


it's a good thing this slant doesn't matter at all, or else we wouldn't have a salary cap and this league would still be one giant bag of charcoal.


I was more referring to no name's post which said "The players brought this on themselves."

And no, the system would've been the same as last year...


Where did i say that?? LOL


" I can't believe Fehr gets the players to follow him so blindly. "what ever you say Don, we are right behind you." They are losing wages they will never see again."

"Also Fehr let the NHLPA know he was intrested in the job, they never contacted him. He also informed the players, PA how to get rid of th last leader to pave the way for him."

Yo may not have said it directly, but it sure as hell was implied.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,891
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Lockout

Postby penny lane on Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:31 pm

Kevin Paul Dupont ‏@GlobeKPD
NHL owners meet, agree no longer to use term 'lockout', unanimously agree to 'fiscal cliff'.

8-)
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,802
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

Re: Lockout

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:32 pm

Pitts wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:I always wondered how much they pay the terrorist. Well. It's $3 million dollars a year. I started laughing when I read that because this guy is making $3m and players will probably lose a whole year's worth of salary. lmao.


And yet another person forgets that he's not getting paid until the lockout is over... :face:

Not to mention that he is actually working while the players are not. If I'm doing a job I was hired for, I would expect to get paid.


Do you honestly think he's working? If there is no give on either side and not much contact, then what do they do all day.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,283
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


e-mail