Lockout

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Lockout

Postby Tico Rick on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:23 pm

Alles gut, mein Fehr!
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby no name on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:52 pm

Tico Rick wrote:Alles gut, mein Fehr!

Try spell check. Wait is that Mexican Tico???
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Gaucho on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:22 am

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG
Orpik joins Southpointe workout. Crosby, Fleury, Lovejoy, Vitale, Engelland, Niskanen, Cooke, Kennedy, Adams, Kunitz + Dupuis also there.

:(
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby penny lane on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:34 am

Gaucho wrote:Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG
Orpik joins Southpointe workout. Crosby, Fleury, Lovejoy, Vitale, Engelland, Niskanen, Cooke, Kennedy, Adams, Kunitz + Dupuis also there.

:shock:

you means brooks! ;)
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Gaucho on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:52 am

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Further NHL regular season cancellations today. Thru Dec 30th.

Yay
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby scals37 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:57 am

:slug: :slug: :? :face: :scared:

man, today is just junk already
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ulf on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:01 pm

Lots of pens working out. You have to think a deal is somewhat close. If they don't strike a deal, they're all huge idiots. Well, even if they do, they probably still are.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby CERV96 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:07 pm

ulf wrote:Lots of pens working out. You have to think a deal is somewhat close. If they don't strike a deal, they're all huge idiots. Well, even if they do, they probably still are.

Or they could just be in town for the holiday?

:scared:
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby no name on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:54 pm

Is that any more Pens than normal at that practice?? I am waiting for a that olive branch to be extened to get talks going again. I am hopeful that once thoes talks are brought back on, there will be a deal done.

I wonder if Sids deal will be null and void under the new CBA with that 5 yr clause, as well as all the others who would be effected.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby penny lane on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:56 pm

no shock, games cancelled to 12/30. the end is near.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby no name on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:56 pm

penny lane wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG

:shock:

you means brooks! ;)

Most of thoes players have Kids in school that would mostly be why they are in town. I am sure Sid being in town also keeps them around.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Gaucho on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:05 pm

At least schedule a f***ing meeting you stupid ****ing sons of ****ous *******. I've ****ing had it it with you **** ** ******* arseholes. Dammit.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby SoupOrSam on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:13 pm

Second that ^
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Wanna fight? Why don't you stick your head up my butt and fight for air.

Postby CERV96 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Yep ^
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Rylan on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:45 pm

what's a 2 letter curse word? pi? of? fu? or? di?
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:46 pm

Now we've got the official Pens Twitter feed wishing Joe Morrow a belated happy birthday. Is this allowed? I'm only half-kidding.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby penny lane on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:11 pm

Gaucho wrote:At least schedule a f***ing meeting you stupid ****ing sons of ****ous *******. I've ****ing had it it with you **** ** ******* arseholes. Dammit.

:wink: I think this was Sid's full quote from Friday.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby no name on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:12 pm

Graucho i feel you anger, you have a certin way with words that expressed raw human emotion. Very real, you don't hide behind words.

I wish my wife could express her feeling like this, intead of always making me question how she feels.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby CERV96 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:20 pm

I highly doubt this will work but I thought I would post it anyway.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-o ... st-drop-it
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby tfrizz on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:29 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/10/sport ... html?_r=2&

Westgarth and several other players on the negotiating team spent the weekend filling in their fellow union members on what happened at last week’s talks in New York, which ended with Commissioner Gary Bettman angrily rejecting the union’s offer and pulling the league’s offers off the table.

“We have gone a lot further than a great percentage of the membership has wanted us to go,” Westgarth said. “I don’t know how you look at our offer and say that we’ve been unreasonable.”

“There are a half-dozen or more players who knew exactly where we were and could detail every aspect of where we were at,” Westgarth said, referring to last week’s talks. The league brought in four owners to join Jeremy Jacobs of Boston and Murray Edwards of Calgary in the negotiations.

“It became obvious that the guys they brought in had nowhere near a complete understanding of what the proposals were and where we were in the negotiations,” Westgarth said. “I thought it was great that Ron Burkle, Larry Tanenbaum, Mark Chipman and Jeff Vinik got involved — clearly they’re passionate and care about the game — but it shows how tightly controlled the league is.”

The talks broke down last week over the owners’ refusal to bargain if Donald Fehr was in the room.

“Part of their tactics is to demonize Don — we’ve seen it before,” Westgarth said. The settlement ending the 2004-5 lockout was not signed by the union’s executive director at the time, Bob Goodenow. He had been excluded from the process.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby no name on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:36 pm

tfrizz wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/10/sports/hockey/kevin-westgarth-brings-brains-to-nhl-labor-talks.html?_r=2&

Westgarth and several other players on the negotiating team spent the weekend filling in their fellow union members on what happened at last week’s talks in New York, which ended with Commissioner Gary Bettman angrily rejecting the union’s offer and pulling the league’s offers off the table.

“We have gone a lot further than a great percentage of the membership has wanted us to go,” Westgarth said. “I don’t know how you look at our offer and say that we’ve been unreasonable.”

“There are a half-dozen or more players who knew exactly where we were and could detail every aspect of where we were at,” Westgarth said, referring to last week’s talks. The league brought in four owners to join Jeremy Jacobs of Boston and Murray Edwards of Calgary in the negotiations.

“It became obvious that the guys they brought in had nowhere near a complete understanding of what the proposals were and where we were in the negotiations,” Westgarth said. “I thought it was great that Ron Burkle, Larry Tanenbaum, Mark Chipman and Jeff Vinik got involved — clearly they’re passionate and care about the game — but it shows how tightly controlled the league is.”

The talks broke down last week over the owners’ refusal to bargain if Donald Fehr was in the room.

“Part of their tactics is to demonize Don — we’ve seen it before,” Westgarth said. The settlement ending the 2004-5 lockout was not signed by the union’s executive director at the time, Bob Goodenow. He had been excluded from the process.

Typical PR banter, same thing we hear from the league.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shmenguin on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:38 pm

ugh...westgarth. 28 years old, no apparent business training or experience, no meaningful role in the NHL. calls elite businessmen out on their understanding of the situation.

ok
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby tfrizz on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:42 pm

shmenguin wrote:ugh...westgarth. 28 years old, no apparent business training or experience, no meaningful role in the NHL. calls elite businessmen out on their understanding of the situation.

ok

I'd rather hear what Westgarth than many of the other players in the NHLPA. The guy is well educated (psychology degree from Princeton) and makes league-minimum, so he's not even in that top group of players that people claim are holding up progress.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:44 pm

tfrizz wrote:
shmenguin wrote:ugh...westgarth. 28 years old, no apparent business training or experience, no meaningful role in the NHL. calls elite businessmen out on their understanding of the situation.

ok

I'd rather hear what Westgarth than many of the other players in the NHLPA. The guy is well educated (psychology degree from Princeton) and makes league-minimum, so he's not even in that top group of players that people claim are holding up progress.

Westgarth has also been involved with the negotiations since day one; the newcomers, despite being billionaire businessmen, have not been active in the talks to this point.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby shmenguin on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:45 pm

yeah, i get that. i just don't see much credibility there - certainly not enough to validate his criticisms of the owners.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins