Lockout

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Lockout

Postby Gaucho on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:10 am

:face:
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:13 am

NHL and NHLPA are like 2 heavyweight fighters who throw punches and completely miss each other. I think a Turkey and Horse could have better luck solving this ****.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby viva la ben on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:24 am

I'm looking forward to the cancellation of the season.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Pitt87 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:26 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:So this is how it ends... the owners and Bettman. Too much ego to negotiate. Too caught up in trying to make Donald Fehr look like the bad guy and break the union that they're willing to lose a season over it.

God I **** I hate this.

Are you kidding? No one is working to resolve the issue; the Fehr's over-promised and can't deliver, NHLPA is only representing PART of their membership in the negotiations, and the owners think they can break the union and are holding pat and bracing for a lawsuit. No one is trying to reach an agreement.... sign of the **** times.

Until they lose time in next season, no one can say that Fehr over-promised and failed to deliver. In fact, as it stands now, Fehr has delivered, the only way he fails is if the Union breaks. He has strengthened them without question, and thats what they brought him in to do.

No way you can know this for sure. He represents the interest about half of the NHL well. The other half is unsure about that and is not willing or able to speak out. Big money players are saying de-certify and sue, guys who don't make a million/yr and don't qualify to play elsewhere need to feed their families. No one wins when the players miss a whole year of salary.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby Gaucho on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:32 am

viva la ben wrote:I'm looking forward to the cancellation of the season.

No you don't.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Tim Thomasen on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:55 am

Gaucho wrote:
viva la ben wrote:I'm looking forward to the cancellation of the season.

No you don't.

I know i'm not. I remember the last lockout. Back then I wasn't a huge Steeler fan as I am now and it was just brutal going through the winter and not having the Pens on to watch, even if the team back then was lousy. I'm going to feel that way again when Steeler season wraps up and that's not good.

Also I miss the road trips. I didn't go to any last year due to a lack of money and this year I was planning on going to Buffalo, Columbus and Long Island to see them play.

Guess I can forget doing that this year.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Postby MarioLives on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:17 pm

Anyone else thinking of taking the Pens up on their refund policy? Just be done with it?
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby llipgh2 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:48 pm

MarioLives wrote:Anyone else thinking of taking the Pens up on their refund policy? Just be done with it?

I thought some folks here already have done so.

Me, I'm waiting until that little toady Bettman officially cancels the season.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Gaucho on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:00 pm

llipgh2 wrote:that little toady Bettman

:thumb:
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Dickie Dunn on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:05 pm

MarioLives wrote:Anyone else thinking of taking the Pens up on their refund policy? Just be done with it?

About a month ago we canceled our season tickets and got a full refund. Had the account for almost 15 years. Sick of the nonsense and decided that the money would be better spent elsewhere.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby yubb on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:13 pm

Dickie Dunn wrote:

About a month ago we canceled our season tickets and got a full refund. Had the account for almost 15 years. Sick of the nonsense and decided that the money would be better spent elsewhere.

I'm hoping more people do this so I get a crack at tickets sooner. 1362 currently.
yubb
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kovy27 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:17 pm

yubb wrote:
Dickie Dunn wrote:

I'm hoping more people do this so I get a crack at tickets sooner. 1362 currently.

Good luck with that in 10 years.

Was 600ish and it took 4 years to finally get my season tickets this year.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Gaucho on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:50 pm

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG
One has to think that the moms of everyone involved in the CBA negotiations are glad to see that the negotiators never seem to miss a meal.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Gaucho on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:50 pm

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG
C'mon, admit it: Isn't waiting to learn if NHL + NHLPA will meet as exciting/entertaining as 3rd period of tied game between bitter rivals?
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Alejandro Rojas on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:22 pm

Both the NHL and the NHLPA can take a long walk off a short pier. They will not be getting my money any more.
Alejandro Rojas
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:34 pm

I don't know what these players are waiting for anymore. They got the 'make whole' thing from the owners, which is kinda insane to me because the 50/50 thing won't be reached in initial 4 years but only on the final year in a 5 year agreement (read it may only reach 52%). They got the FA rights and a couple other things. Only remaining issues are the 5 year player contract length to end cap circumvention and the length of the new cba. Seems like they want to keep those diving contracts in detriment to the health of the game and fairness to all teams. Someone on HF did a calculation on the variance % and it looks like 25% players are asking for wouldn't change a thing of what's been going on the last several years and neither would 15%. Owners better not move on the 5% or contracts like Kovalchuk's will continue. As far as the length of the cba, let's see. They want to give the owners only one true year of 50/50, then back to cba war when that expires. Thanks a lot. It is Fehr that doesn't want to negotiate. He wants to get everything. There's no other explanation. I am in full support of the NHL ending talks, drawing a line, and telling the PA this is the best we'll do (maybe provide a couple variations to choose) and have the PA sign it or reject it, but without any further talks with Mr. Fehr. If that means no hockey this year or the next, so be it. And I hope Sid is happy with his decision to fight for whatever principles he thinks he's fighting for because he's losing 10 million dollars.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Alejandro Rojas on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:48 pm

As usual the union heads screw the workers.
Alejandro Rojas
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitt87 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:37 pm

Alejandro Rojas wrote:Both the NHL and the NHLPA can take a long walk off a short pier. They will not be getting my money any more.

This might be record time for LGP to drive a new member's spirit into the ground.

Bravo, sir.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pitt87 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:41 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
yubb wrote:
Dickie Dunn wrote:

Good luck with that in 10 years.

Was 600ish and it took 4 years to finally get my season tickets this year.

Ouch...

#2378 here, and now I know of two people I can coerce off the list. You've been warned... :twisted:
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:41 pm

Alejandro Rojas wrote:As usual the union heads screw the workers.

... except the workers hired said union head. He's doing exactly what they want him to do.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mac5155 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:47 pm

I doubt all the workers wanted Fehr. I'd venture a guess that Sid definitely didn't want Fehr.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Alejandro Rojas on Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:25 pm

Hockey players have never struck me as the most understanding of the "bigger picture".
Alejandro Rojas
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby offsides on Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:26 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
Alejandro Rojas wrote:As usual the union heads screw the workers.

... except the workers hired said union head. He's doing exactly what they want him to do.

And here I thought hockey players just wanted to play hockey....................silly me.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:09 pm

Anyone knows how much they're paying Malkin in Russia?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:29 pm

Sarcastic wrote:Anyone knows how much they're paying Malkin in Russia?

Nowhere close to how much he'd make if he signed there as a free agent.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins