Lockout

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Lockout

Postby tfrizz on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:53 am

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/ ... 0741246976

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC
NHL sends memo to clubs indicating no camps before Saturday (and may not open until Monday), 48-game season to begin Jan. 19
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Gaucho on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:58 am

Justin Bieber ‏@justinbieber
HOCKEY IS BACK!!
Retweetet by james neal
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Gaucho on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:55 am

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Just a low rumble for now, but there are whispers KHL teams may be offering "inducements" to get RUS stars to stay and not return to NHL.

In last 24 hours, multiple sources told me NHL teams would do well to have roll call because it's possible a RUS player or two may not show.

Two things to keep in mind: 1. Many RUS stars publicly stated earlier this season they might stay the entire the year in the KHL.

2. NHL-KHL have post-Radulov pact to honor contracts. That said, been suggested to me this entire issue could heat up again. We'll see.

:scared:

Meh, not worried.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:59 am

As long as Malkin comes back, the rest can stay for all I care.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:08 am

Ick. I expect better from McKenzie than trying to rile people up with non stories.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:17 am

Maybe he thinks it's a story that Radulov isn't coming back.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Factorial on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:22 am

Gaucho wrote:Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Just a low rumble for now, but there are whispers KHL teams may be offering "inducements" to get RUS stars to stay and not return to NHL.

In last 24 hours, multiple sources told me NHL teams would do well to have roll call because it's possible a RUS player or two may not show.

Two things to keep in mind: 1. Many RUS stars publicly stated earlier this season they might stay the entire the year in the KHL.

2. NHL-KHL have post-Radulov pact to honor contracts. That said, been suggested to me this entire issue could heat up again. We'll see.

Meh, not worried.

Factorial
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby no name on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:27 am

Troy Loney wrote:As long as Malkin comes back, the rest can stay for all I care.

Amen! Now the KHL was only honoring 65% of their NHL salary, does this mean they will pick up the rest of the tab?? Also with the new restrictions on salary in the NHL is it possible the KHL can beat the NHLs top dollar?? Just something to think about.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby ExPatriatePen on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:34 am

Factorial wrote:

Meh, not worried.

Dude, I love ya, but a picture from the 1972 Olympic hostage taking? That was my first exposure to terrorism (as a 16 year old watching the Olympics). It still makes me sick to my stomach.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Tico Rick on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:41 am

Gaucho wrote:Justin Bieber ‏@justinbieber
HOCKEY IS BACK!!
Retweetet by james neal

Wait... James Neal follows Justin Bieber on Twitter? :shock:
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Factorial on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:51 am

ExPatriatePen wrote:
Factorial wrote:

Meh, not worried.

Dude, I love ya, but a picture from the 1972 Olympic hostage taking? That was my first exposure to terrorism (as a 16 year old watching the Olympics). It still makes me sick to my stomach.

It's a reference to Malkin's Russian coach calling his exit the Pens "pure sports terrorism".
Factorial
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby ExPatriatePen on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:01 am

Factorial wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
Factorial wrote:

Meh, not worried.

Spoiler:

It's a reference to Malkin's Russian coach calling his exit the Pens "pure sports terrorism".

No, I get it, and I'm not so much "taking you to task", it's just one of those images that just transports me back to a moment in my life where I "lost my innocence" you know?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Gaucho on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:04 am

You mean there were several?

pop
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mikey287 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:08 am

It was suggested to me that Malkin and Gonchar (NPR) were the first to leave actually...let's hope that was on point...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:14 am

mikey287 wrote:It was suggested to me that Malkin and Gonchar (NPR) were the first to leave actually...let's hope that was on point...

Based on Malkin sneaking out of the country back in the day.....I'm pretty sure he's not that intrested to stay in the KHL.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:15 am

Gaucho wrote:You mean there were several?

pop

You have no idea :pop:
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:23 am

Troy Loney wrote:As long as Malkin comes back, the rest can stay for all I care.

That's all I care about.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pittsports87 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:34 am

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod
As I mentioned last night, Malkin is returning to Pittsburgh today, Voracek is flying to Philly Tuesday, Ovechkin should be in DC Tue/Wed

:thumb:
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Gaucho on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:35 am

Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic
Have to appreciate blunt honesty of #Pens front office in opening of just-released statement: http://pens.pe/TX47cV It’s why fans trust them.

tbh, I don't see the "blunt honesty". Standard PR talk. Yeah, they apologized, but what the hell else are they supposed to do?
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Gaucho on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:37 am

pittsports87 wrote:David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod
As I mentioned last night, Malkin is returning to Pittsburgh today, Voracek is flying to Philly Tuesday, Ovechkin should be in DC Tue/Wed

:thumb:

What about Tanger? Can we trust him to board a plane for the correct destination? I hear he's barely able to tie his laces on his own.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:45 am

Gaucho wrote:tbh, I don't see the "blunt honesty". Standard PR talk. Yeah, they apologized, but what the hell else are they supposed to do?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. We'll see the same kind of statements probably all around... and everyone will roll their eyes. But if they don't say anything, then people will criticize them for that.

Whatever... at this point, I'm ready for hockey. Let's hope the Pens are as well.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Gaucho on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:51 am

the wicked child wrote:
Gaucho wrote:tbh, I don't see the "blunt honesty". Standard PR talk. Yeah, they apologized, but what the hell else are they supposed to do?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. We'll see the same kind of statements probably all around.

Sure, that's sort of my point. I'm not rolling my eyes at all, but at the same time I'm also not so moved that they well up with tears or anything,
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:56 am

They should jsut come back, opening night announce "yeah, that sucked, lets play", and get things going.

EDIT: Actually put that on the ice "that sucked, lets play".
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Gaucho on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:57 am

Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:05 am

We offer our apology. There is nothing we can say to explain or excuse what has happened over the past four months.
this is a little more aggressive than your standard PR talk. Is it PR? sure. is it a lot or humanistic than the norm? yessir.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins