Lockout

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Lockout

Postby ulf on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:44 pm

to be fair it's kinda blackish/grey right now :pop:
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:15 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Ehhh hockey went away. Junior teams didnt report a boost in attendance. The nhl is hockey for a good portion of people who watch hockey.

Hockey didn't go away anywhere but the United States.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:17 pm

Attendence figures show that the fans that werent watching the nhl didnt go anywhere else. Junior teams reported significant boosts in 04-05. Not the case this time around. Chl teams. As i said, for nhl fans by and large(including canada where there are real alternatives to the nhl) hockey went away.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:30 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Attendence figures show that the fans that werent watching the nhl didnt go anywhere else. Junior teams reported significant boosts in 04-05. Not the case this time around. Chl teams. As i said, for nhl fans by and large(including canada where there are real alternatives to the nhl) hockey went away.

I'm not saying its not true, I just don't get it. Where would NHL fans go? How many 4, 5, 6, 10 hour trips can a fan make?
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:00 pm

Where are all of these nhl fans that are so much farther from a chl team? How many nhl cities dont have a team near them? I cant think of one. The figures i saw showed 67s and hitmen declining actually. 8-12 hours?
Last edited by Idoit40fans on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:04 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Where are all of these nhl fans that are so much farther from a chl team? How many nhl cities dont have a team near them? I cant think of one.

I'm talking about the United States. Anyways, the original point was that hockey didn't nor will it die or go away or falter if the NHL does, it's a world sport us Americans can't seem to understand like when people argue the popularity is soccer.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:06 pm

Include the US in my statement. Teams are closeby here too. The game wouldnt go away, but if the nhl took a significant step back, so too would world hockey. The point is that if the nhl goes away. Those fans go away, there is no wha for them to turn to.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins