Lockout

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Lockout

Postby Pitts on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:45 am

skullman80 wrote:I don't think another lockout happens. I'm not even slightly concerned about it to be honest.

:thumb:
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby TheHammer24 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:54 am

Is it me, or doesn't really matter about anything other than te revenue?
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby KG on Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:00 pm

I don't know. I understand this was a first offer and all but there is also something as negotiating in bad faith. That was a bogus proposal that the union shouldn't even respond too.
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby meow on Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:17 pm

I see the negotiations going something like a Pawn Stars episode. One side will ask for $1mil while the other side will offer $1. They'll meet somewhere around $850 because of how soft the market is right now and how much it will cost to frame it.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby CERV96 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:18 pm

KG wrote:I don't know. I understand this was a first offer and all but there is also something as negotiating in bad faith. That was a bogus proposal that the union shouldn't even respond too.

I fully expect the union to throw a list of the same but the opposite from what the owners offered. When one side make obsured offer 9/10 the other side will counter offer with the same nonsense.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby MRandall25 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:01 pm

CERV96 wrote:
KG wrote:I don't know. I understand this was a first offer and all but there is also something as negotiating in bad faith. That was a bogus proposal that the union shouldn't even respond too.

I fully expect the union to throw a list of the same but the opposite from what the owners offered. When one side make obsured offer 9/10 the other side will counter offer with the same nonsense.

Then they work toward a happy medium... It's still July. Plenty of time to get it done.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:38 pm

Feels like the summer before college all over again, except without the sense of impending lack of Winter entertainment.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby offsides on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:02 pm

Not a real positive article.

"The NHL’s first offer in its negotiations with the NHLPA was seen by many as a shot across the union’s bow. And with the league reportedly asking for a considerably larger split in hockey-related revenue from the players, the elimination of signing bonuses, as well as a salary rollback, predictions of a work stoppage are growing in number.

In fact, one source with knowledge of the players’ side of the negotiation is predicting not just a work stoppage, but an entire lost season."

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d806B?utm_ ... mpaign=nhl
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby no name on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:16 pm

Bleacher report is concidered sports entertainment... not factual sports reporting.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby KG on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:38 pm

no name wrote:Bleacher report is concidered sports entertainment... not factual sports reporting.

I hear you about bleacher report but I wouldn't bet against some type of work stoppage...The players feel like they bent over last CBA. They want their "fair share" (I despise that saying)...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby joopen on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:39 pm

KG wrote:
no name wrote:Bleacher report is concidered sports entertainment... not factual sports reporting.

I hear you about bleacher report but I wouldn't bet against some type of work stoppage...The players feel like they bent over last CBA. They want their "fair share" (I despise that saying)...

They have 57% of revenue. That's more than a fair share
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby mikey287 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:53 pm

offsides wrote:Not a real positive article.

"The NHL’s first offer in its negotiations with the NHLPA was seen by many as a shot across the union’s bow. And with the league reportedly asking for a considerably larger split in hockey-related revenue from the players, the elimination of signing bonuses, as well as a salary rollback, predictions of a work stoppage are growing in number.

In fact, one source with knowledge of the players’ side of the negotiation is predicting not just a work stoppage, but an entire lost season."

Please, no bleacher report. Not a valid source.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ffemtreed on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:55 pm

joopen wrote:
KG wrote:

They also have 100% of the investment risk and long term costs and paid 100% of the franchise fee to become a team. Not to mention the other hockey costs like scouting, farm team, medical staff, training facilities, team travel,equipment,ice time and etc.

that 57% sure sounds like a good deal and more than fair.
ffemtreed
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby offsides on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:57 pm

mikey287 wrote:

I just threw it out there but, do you ever conider anything a valid source, except yourelf?
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FallenHero96 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:04 pm

I thought bleacher report was written by fans.

Different website I am thinking of, nevermind.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:06 pm

I thought bleacher report was written by *******, so yeah, what you said.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby joopen on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:07 pm

ffemtreed wrote:
joopen wrote:
KG wrote:

They also have 100% of the investment risk and long term costs and paid 100% of the franchise fee to become a team. Not to mention the other hockey costs like scouting, farm team, medical staff, training facilities, team travel,equipment,ice time and etc.

that 57% sure sounds like a good deal and more than fair.

The players have 57%. The owners want some of that back. We agree you just read it wrong.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby mikey287 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:21 pm

offsides wrote:
mikey287 wrote:

I just threw it out there but, do you ever conider anything a valid source, except yourelf?

Yup. Do you have any examples of me railing against an actual source?

Bad sources = bad information = misinformed people...why start the loop?
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby offsides on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:50 pm

mikey287 wrote:
offsides wrote:
mikey287 wrote:

Yup. Do you have any examples of me railing against an actual source?

Bad sources = bad information = misinformed people...why start the loop?

This is an internet message board with many different views and opinions. If we all knew as much a you, we wouldn't have to be here. Must be nice to be out of the loop.

BTW, I think you do an excellent job of railing. One of the best I have ever seen at it. Oh, and sorry for bothering you by posting nonsense.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Mongoose87 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:59 pm

offsides wrote:
This is an internet message board with many different views and opinions. If we all knew as much a you, we wouldn't have to be here. Must be nice to be out of the loop.

BTW, I think you do an excellent job of railing. One of the best I have ever seen at it. Oh, and sorry for bothering you by posting nonsense.

Anyone who can read can tell Bleacher Report is a load of rubbish. This is a really dumb argument.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby mikey287 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:11 pm

Mongoose87 wrote:
offsides wrote:

Anyone who can read can tell Bleacher Report is a load of rubbish. This is a really dumb argument.

It's a mystery really.

@offsides: where would my manners be if I didn't accept your apology. Thank you.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby offsides on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:15 pm

Mongoose87 wrote:
offsides wrote:

So now I can't read? You give a new meaning to the word condescending.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby spiritfan on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:21 pm

oh they couldn't possibly lockout another season... noooooooo... fools... seeya in fall 2013... spiritfanouttaheretillthenha
spiritfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby mikey287 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:17 pm

spiritfan wrote:oh they couldn't possibly lockout another season... noooooooo... fools... seeya in fall 2013... spiritfanouttaheretillthenha

We wish.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Godric on Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:17 am

Careful, someone's kitten is purring
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins