Giroux crying about Crosby

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Giroux crying about Crosby

Postby shmenguin on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:35 pm

Penspal wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:
shmenguin wrote:sid needs to settle down. that's 2 playoff series in a row where he's lost his cool to the point where it hurt his team. it's a good thing that he gets all jacked up for these games, but he takes it too far.

Agreed. I saw anger.

So getting thumped by your rival is not going to make you a little.... irritated?

Sid has shown progression in every aspect of his hockey career so far. I'm sure he'll learn from the Philly series.

he didn't really learn from the montreal series. i'm not sure he'll learn from this one either.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jasmine on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:45 pm

Maybe Claudette broke his wrist when he hacked the goal post and hacked his stick in two. :lol:
Flyers' obsession with the Penguins is mindboggling!
Jasmine
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby HomerPenguin on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:49 pm

“Those are from (Sidney) Crosby,” he says half smiling, but with some tension in his voice. “Every game in playoff, on way to ice, Jagr throw Kip body at Crosby from upper deck of arena, try maybe to hurt his tříslo, something like this. Instead of Crosby get hit by Kip, or at least he would catch that šváb's body, Crosby every time step out of way and let Kip fall to hard floor from such height. Now Kip have many pain, bone shattered, would not be able to eat solid foods if Jagr were to buy him foods. Why should Jagr have to pay for such injury? This is not something which would benefit Jagr. Now only Jagr have Jan for healthy service, and he too is so weak from hungers. Is Jagr now expected to obtain foods for that pupínek as well?”

--Jaromir Jagr, 7/27/12
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newarenanow on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:08 pm

Meh. I think he was just making a comment half joking half serious. He knows it's part of the game. He knows the series was intense. He knows everyone knows he and Crosby got into it. I think while what he was saying is truth, I also think he was just trying to be a little humorous but get the point across.

That said, I agree with the people who have said Crosby needs to focus more on goals and less on scrapping. While it is good to do it to a certain extent, I think he has gone out of his way a few too many times in the last 2 or 3 years. Maybe it's built up frustration of always having it happen to him, but he needs to settle a little.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:18 pm

I am dying to now how Homer comes up with these Jagr quotes.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby penny lane on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:01 pm

newarenanow wrote:Meh. I think he was just making a comment half joking half serious. He knows it's part of the game. He knows the series was intense. He knows everyone knows he and Crosby got into it. I think while what he was saying is truth, I also think he was just trying to be a little humorous but get the point across.

That said, I agree with the people who have said Crosby needs to focus more on goals and less on scrapping. While it is good to do it to a certain extent, I think he has gone out of his way a few too many times in the last 2 or 3 years. Maybe it's built up frustration of always having it happen to him, but he needs to settle a little.

that's the thing~ giroux gets to try to be funny in comments, but if Sid talks like this , he is a punk/baby. Giroux should know, adding Sidney to his quotes will make the quotes go viral. Sophi 2014 is right around the corner; he and Sid will be teammates then.

I wish a teammate or 2 would call giroux a baby on Sid's behalf.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:19 pm

The Heat Waves in the US? Those are from Crosby.

The potholes on 79? Those are from Crosby.

The cracks in my foundation? Those are from Crosby.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby wondermoose on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:35 pm

Wasn't just Crosby. Letang was losing control and Malkin was handing Couterier cheap-shots every chance he had. Same with Neal, but to a lesser extent. And then there was Asham who went insane. I think Jordan Staal was the only impact player that kept his cool then entire series. If I'm Disco or, better yet, Mario, I hold a video session during training camp of all the times their immaturity cost them during the Flyers series.

Oh yeah, Giroux. That's what this was about. I don't see what's wrong with what he said. So Crosby broke his hands. From my point of view, that's justice for being a *****bag on the ice (and not just because he scored on every shot; that **** grin....)
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Malkamaniac on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:30 pm

yawn, the slashing and hacking occurs seriously during every game at one point. Get real.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Bioshock on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:45 pm

Giroux saying his wrist hurts eh? Well...
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby meow on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:50 pm

Giroux's wrists are soff.
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby KG on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:01 pm

Trying to get under Sid's skin even in the off-season! All head games...Sid needs to work on keeping his composure. Especially against the Flyers...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Godric on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:33 pm

little *****

Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby Zarovich on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:31 pm

I like how he gave Michalek a whack on the stick right before Michalek took a swipe at him.
Zarovich
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Tico Rick on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:05 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:I am dying to now how Homer comes up with these Jagr quotes.

Yeah, I love those quotes. It's like Homer IS Jagr. Hmmmm........
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Chefpatrick871 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:05 am

One could make a blanket "Giroux cries about....." thread.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Shakes on Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:24 am

HomerPenguin wrote:“Those are from (Sidney) Crosby,” he says half smiling, but with some tension in his voice. “Every game in playoff, on way to ice, Jagr throw Kip body at Crosby from upper deck of arena, try maybe to hurt his tříslo, something like this. Instead of Crosby get hit by Kip, or at least he would catch that šváb's body, Crosby every time step out of way and let Kip fall to hard floor from such height. Now Kip have many pain, bone shattered, would not be able to eat solid foods if Jagr were to buy him foods. Why should Jagr have to pay for such injury? This is not something which would benefit Jagr. Now only Jagr have Jan for healthy service, and he too is so weak from hungers. Is Jagr now expected to obtain foods for that pupínek as well?”

--Jaromir Jagr, 7/27/12

:lol: I never get tired of these. Well done.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitt87 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:57 am

Once again, an article about Claude Giroux becomes an article about Sidney Crosby, and the writer didn't even have to mention him this time; Giroux did it for him!

Even when they beat him, Giroux blames Sid for not playing well against NJ. Win.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:07 am

Could you imagine one of the old timers naming names to the media? Keep it on the ice, pal.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Rugbymuffin on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:10 am

shmenguin wrote:
steelhammer wrote:I'd complain too if someone broke my wrist(s). Sid needs to end the hacking yesterday. How long before he hacks the wrong person? That stupid obstruction move Giroux pulls on every faceoff is certainly annoying though.

sid needs to settle down. that's 2 playoff series in a row where he's lost his cool to the point where it hurt his team. it's a good thing that he gets all jacked up for these games, but he takes it too far.

with that said, we've seen first hand that giroux is a complete turd when he lines up for faceoffs. if he doesn't want to get his wrists whacked, he should keep his hick mouth shut.

Best Hockey player in the world.

If I had a dime every time I read, or heard about how Crosby has to change the way he plays I would be a very rich man. Uh, best player in the world, lets let Crosby decide on how he should play hockey. If he wants to play with an edge, then that is what he is going to do.

Malkin is even worse by the way and no one talks about him in this regard.

As for "hitting the wrong person", I think Marion Hossa is a good example of the fact you don't have to do anything for someone to come gunning for you.
Rugbymuffin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby the wicked child on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:41 am

Sid may need to be a bit more disciplined, but I am highly skeptical of the claims that Sid "broke his wrist". Horse ****. Even when the Graves incident happened, Lemieux still missed the rest of that series. There's no way that Claudia was skating into the slot and ripping those pucks by Fleury with a broken wrist.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Bioshock on Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:16 pm

Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby penny lane on Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:31 pm

Dear Clod, hope you heard Bob Costas, from London, remind a few folks around the world, about Sid's OT goal for gold...
jag!
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby littlemoonboot on Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:34 pm

Crosby's not perfect and could do well to control is temper, but he takes a ton of cheap play himself. I'm willing to bet in most cases these things are retaliatory from earlier events in a game and I think Clod is just trolling.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pugilist13 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:49 pm

Bioshock wrote:Image

Well done sir. :thumb:
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins