Sid Looks Jacked!

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Sid Looks Jacked!

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:44 pm

meow wrote:looks shopped

Having seen many in my time, I agree.

Someone with real 'Shop skills could superimpose Sid's face on the D. Johnson photo and leak it to HF's main board.

You know, for fun.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby DocEmrick on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:56 am

He definitely looks thinner in the face. Can't really tell, I wouldn't expect him to come back all flabby (unlike some "all stars" :pop: )
DocEmrick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby winger on Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:57 pm

Oh he is jacked and I have that from my extremely reliable source:) he is working out in beast mode and is planning on having the best season of his career
winger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby stonewizard51 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:16 pm

mikey287 wrote:
Rylan wrote:why does Sid always have deer-in-headlights look in pictures?

He grew up idolizing Shane Endicott :idea:

Shane Endicott? Now there's a blast from the past worth forgetting.
stonewizard51
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Malkamaniac on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:16 pm

Qbert wrote:
She'sTheFastest wrote:Yeah I hate the rock too. He left wrestling to pursue a career in Hollywood, in which he failed. At the time he was at the height of his wrestling career. Now he has to come crawling back because he is all washed up in the movie business.

The man has made millions...and millions of dollars working at his "failed" Hollywood career. I wish I could fail so miserably.

Was just about to say, if making HUNDREDS of millions of dollars in a movie career is failing, then sign me up.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:30 am

Don't kid yourself. When you go to Hollywood to be the next Stallone/Van Damme/Arnold and you wind up playing the Tooth Fairy, you didn't exactly make it.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby duke66 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:43 am

DontToewsMeBro wrote:Don't kid yourself. When you go to Hollywood to be the next Stallone/Van Damme/Arnold and you wind up playing the Tooth Fairy, you didn't exactly make it.

as obi-wan said "so what i told u was true, from a certain point of view".
duke66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby HockeyDaddy on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:30 am

DontToewsMeBro wrote:Don't kid yourself. When you go to Hollywood to be the next Stallone/Van Damme/Arnold and you wind up playing the Tooth Fairy, you didn't exactly make it.

So starring in a Disney film is considered failing? Maybe it's considered failing because he has starred in multiple Disney films? I think that it is awesome that he has made so many family films that I can watch with my kids. Just because the film you are in doesn't include language, gore, sex, and ultra violence doesnt mean your career has failed.

Marty Scorsese just made Hugo. Does that mean he is a failed director now?
HockeyDaddy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby LeopardLetang on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:47 am

i like the rock and sid doesn't look jacked.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby JoseCuervo on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:36 am

HockeyDaddy wrote:

So starring in a Disney film is considered failing? Maybe it's considered failing because he has starred in multiple Disney films? I think that it is awesome that he has made so many family films that I can watch with my kids. Just because the film you are in doesn't include language, gore, sex, and ultra violence doesnt mean your career has failed.

Isn't Hugo a critical acclaimed movie while the Tooth Fairy is critically panned?

I don't think the OP is stating anything against Disney movies, but rather the quality of movies where the Rock actually gets a part.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Mongoose87 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:50 am

JoseCuervo wrote:
HockeyDaddy wrote:

Isn't Hugo a critical acclaimed movie while the Tooth Fairy is critically panned?

I don't think the OP is stating anything against Disney movies, but rather the quality of movies where the Rock actually gets a part.

I doubt the Rock is going for critical acclaim. The millions of dollars are what he wants, and what he gets. Fortunately, we live in America or, one of her Western contemporaries, where no one is forced to watch any movies, except by their girlfriends, kids or wives.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby skullman80 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:23 pm

JoseCuervo wrote:
HockeyDaddy wrote:

He's been in some big movies... The Scorpion King, Fast 5(w/ Fast 6 in Production), Faster(which I liked alot), GI Joe etc...

None of those are the Godfather by any means, but the guy has made plenty of money in hollywood, and is very well known. He is certainly not a failure by any means.

The guy is one of the most well known people in the world I would say. He used his wrestling notoriety to get himself into the movies and made himself probably 25X the money he ever did as a wrestler.

Wrestling fans all hated him for leaving( I didn't), but he left and went on to have a successful movie career, made tons of money, and WWE begs him to come back in the end anways because the guy is still a HUGE draw in wrestling because of his mainstream success after leaving.

I think the guy is really really smart as far as how he handled his career.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby BfromD on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Neither a Rock fan or hater, but when it comes to the Disney/tooth fairy/critically panned movie part of it, the money still spends...
BfromD
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby HockeyDaddy on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:31 pm

JoseCuervo wrote:
HockeyDaddy wrote:

Hugo is critically acclaimed, as it should be. Maybe I misread, but I got the sense that people feel that the Rock is a failure because he has made family films. I don't think that he took those jobs because that is all he could get. Thankfully, there are some actors that WANT to make films, no matter how corny, that kids can view without being corrupted.
HockeyDaddy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby shafnutz05 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:12 am

lol, what a total tangent in this thread. A picture of Sid's muscles has turned into an honest discussion on the worthiness of film.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Waffles on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:39 am

shafnutz05 wrote:lol, what a total tangent in this thread. A picture of Sid's muscles has turned into an honest discussion on the worthiness of film.
Waffles
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby HockeyDaddy on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:42 am

shafnutz05 wrote:lol, what a total tangent in this thread. A picture of Sid's muscles has turned into an honest discussion on the worthiness of film.

I know! Can you imagine how insane we will all get if the puck doesn't drop in October?
HockeyDaddy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby duke66 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:14 am

as creator of this thread, i'm glad i could be of help to pass some of your time!
duke66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby meecrofilm on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:19 am

HockeyDaddy wrote:

I know! Can you imagine how insane we will all get if the puck doesn't drop in October?

I imagine it will be something akin to the SNL skit with Will Ferrell where the teleprompter is broken and the morning show devolves into utter chaos.

The Order of the Hand will rule!
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby BigMcK on Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:27 pm

meecrofilm wrote:I don't have a problem with The Rock. *shrugs*

As long as The Rock doesn't have a problem with you first, there should never be a problem with him. Hate to have that guy 'roided up and angry at me.
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby sil on Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:20 pm

Jack looks Sid'd.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Rylan on Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:46 pm

sil wrote:Jack looks Sid'd.

Jack Johnson is coming to Pittsburgh e5
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pens4Life87 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:58 am

Is Sid in the greatest shape of his life though?
Pens4Life87
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:59 am

I hope so, he's at his physical peak age-wise.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby sil on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:08 am

I've actually read that one's absolute mental and physical peak is at 20 years old...and it's all downhill from there. :(
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins