Tangradi

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Tangradi

Postby sil on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:17 pm

Mongoose87 wrote:I'd rather see him with Malkin than Crosby. He'll never have Crosby's kind of game.

I agree, though I'd add this...if it's the 2nd period and the pens have a cycle/long posession going, I'd want Bylsma to get Tangradi out there regardless of which center's on the ice.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby RisslingsMissingTeeth on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:22 pm

mikey287 wrote:
RisslingsMissingTeeth wrote:
sil wrote:...but he's pretty darn consistent in his play, and certainly seems to be a perrenial AHL All-Star.

Interesting since he had 2 meaningful seasons in the AHL and was never an all-star.

Don't tell us, tell him.

I researched every avenue I could including reading his bio. He was not listed on any AHL all-star team for the years he played there. I knew that somehow, someway, I was going to be wrong and wanted to make sure. So much for all-star roster listings. I bow down to your knowledge. Game, set, match.
RisslingsMissingTeeth
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby mikey287 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:28 pm

Not a big deal. I'll meet you halfway, he was added to the roster secondarily.

These last longer, so I hear...unbelievably, these are still in stock! http://www.ahlstore.com/photos/eric-tan ... photo.html
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JoseCuervo on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:52 pm

DelPen wrote:The guy is in great shape this year, best of his life probably.

Was it last offseason or the one before where he was telling everyone he was working harder than ever before to make the team?

Sure made a difference then.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Kaizer on Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:31 pm

mikey287 wrote:
sil wrote:...but he's pretty darn consistent in his play, and certainly seems to be a perrenial AHL All-Star.

Interesting since he had 2 meaningful seasons in the AHL and was never an all-star.

Don't tell us, tell him.

I researched every avenue I could including reading his bio. He was not listed on any AHL all-star team for the years he played there. I knew that somehow, someway, I was going to be wrong and wanted to make sure. So much for all-star roster listings. I bow down to your knowledge. Game, set, match.

google is a pretty big avenue to skip over
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby RisslingsMissingTeeth on Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:41 pm

Kaizer wrote:
mikey287 wrote:

Don't tell us, tell him.

google is a pretty big avenue to skip over

See, and I didn't skip it. I googled and found each of his seasons in the AHL. Then I googled the rosters for those seasons and he wasn't listed on either of them. So I went and read his bio and it said he was an all-star for Belleville in the OHL before being traded to the Pens but never an all-star for the AHL. Like I said, I just knew I was going to be wrong anyway so I was as thorough as I could be and still was wrong. I can admit it.
RisslingsMissingTeeth
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby JoseCuervo on Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:48 pm

Using google really isn't that hard. You simply type in the terms that you are looking for: "tangradi" "all" "star." And then look at the top results.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Juice on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:04 pm

RisslingsMissingTeeth wrote:I researched every avenue I could including reading his bio. He was not listed on any AHL all-star team for the years he played there. I knew that somehow, someway, I was going to be wrong and wanted to make sure. So much for all-star roster listings. I bow down to your knowledge. Game, set, match.

i'm sorry dude but this is so funny... if you just search tangradi all star in google it's right there, you literally can't miss it lololol
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby steelhammer on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:09 pm

What Me Winger: The Life and Times of the Penguins' #1 Winger Prospect Eric Tangradi (3rd Edition)
Last edited by steelhammer on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steelhammer
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby columbia on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:09 pm

#1?
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby steelhammer on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:10 pm

columbia wrote:#1?

3 straight years, pal.
steelhammer
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby columbia on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:14 pm

That was a semi-serious question.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby pcm on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:17 pm

The Penguins most glaring need is for a top 6 forward with size, punch, an ability to cause havoc in front of the net, and decent hands to poke in garbage goals. A willingness to drop the gloves would be an added bonus.

That's Tangradi's upside projection right there, so it'd be mystifying if the Pens didn't give him the opportunity to be that guy for them.

I guess he plays with Malkin and Neal. Kunitz always looked out of place on that line despite its enormous success.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby JoseCuervo on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:42 pm

pcm wrote:The Penguins most glaring need is for a top 6 forward with size, punch, an ability to cause havoc in front of the net, and decent hands to poke in garbage goals. A willingness to drop the gloves would be an added bonus.

The pens just need a top 6 forward in general
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby WWGRD on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:38 pm

pcm wrote:The Penguins most glaring need is for a top 6 forward with size, punch, an ability to cause havoc in front of the net, and decent hands to poke in garbage goals. A willingness to drop the gloves would be an added bonus.

That's Tangradi's upside projection right there, so it'd be mystifying if the Pens didn't give him the opportunity to be that guy for them.

I guess he plays with Malkin and Neal. Kunitz always looked out of place on that line despite its enormous success.

WWGRD
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DocEmrick on Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:10 pm

JoseCuervo wrote:

The pens just need a top 6 forward in general

James Neal wasn't enough, though during Sid's injury the Malkin unit was really able to step-up. I thought they'd fill with Parise or another high-end winger this off-season, unfortunately no. I don't think it will be Tangradi.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pens#1 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Just find a way to bring in Ryan, if the Pens dont have what the Ducks want then get a 3rd team involved and make it happen
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pitts on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:50 pm

I'd much rather have Bobby Ryan.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Zach6668 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:15 pm

I dunno if people underrate Kunitz, or what, but he's a legit top 6er himself, I don't know, I'd be fine with a fringe top 6, with Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis / XXX - Malkin - Neal. Would love to see Tangradi step up and take it. I really don't think we NEED Doan or Ryan or whatever. Certainly I'd like the best possible players at each position, but it's not necessarily reasonable.
Zach6668
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Senka on Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:32 pm

The only Ryan we need to trade for...

Spoiler:
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby JoseCuervo on Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:59 am

Pitts wrote:I'd much rather have Bobby Ryan.

A boy can dream
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby HockeyDaddy on Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:16 am

My support of Tangradi getting a legit top 6 trial has been well documented since the playoffs ended. I will continue to stand by it.
HockeyDaddy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby KG on Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:05 am

HockeyDaddy wrote:My support of Tangradi getting a legit top 6 trial has been well documented since the playoffs ended. I will continue to stand by it.

Looks like he's going to get that shot....no other options internally....
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pitt87 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:21 am

Idoit40fans wrote:I don't think he'll work out with Sid if given 500 games. He doesn't have the legs that everyone who has worked with Sid has had.

I would argue that if anyone played 500 games with Sid, they would have a legit shot at scoring 500 points in their career.

I would also argue that Eric Tangradi has a better chance of proving me wrong than right.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby Pitt87 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:25 am

WWGRD wrote:

Interesting to watch him have such soft hands around the net and create so much space in the AHL and not play the same role in the NHL.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins