STH refunds

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

STH refunds

Postby DMcGrew on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:38 pm

Has anyone received a refund for October yet? I haven't received anything but I was thinking maybe that's cause the full 82 game season is not 100% off the table yet.
DMcGrew
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,045
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:48 pm

Re: STH refunds

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:35 pm

There was someone that overreacted and reported to them to the BBB that got their refund back. I'm guessing a better route would be to call them and tell them you want it immediately though.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,242
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: STH refunds

Postby DMcGrew on Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:39 pm

Kind of figured they'd just send it automatically since I requested monthly refunds.
DMcGrew
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,045
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:48 pm

Re: STH refunds

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:42 pm

We did too, but i'm not sure when they send it. I remember something about 2 weeks.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,242
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: STH refunds

Postby suzinpgh on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:19 am

October refund of 5 games was posted to my credit card yesterday.
I am calling to request a refund of the 7 November games today.
The November games were canceled before the end of October,
and I don't see why I need to wait ten days in to December
for those to be credited back to me.

This season is not going to happen.
suzinpgh
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:27 pm

Re: STH refunds

Postby roland on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:41 am

suzinpgh wrote:October refund of 5 games was posted to my credit card yesterday.
I am calling to request a refund of the 7 November games today.
The November games were canceled before the end of October,
and I don't see why I need to wait ten days in to December
for those to be credited back to me.

This season is not going to happen.


I said the same thing when I called the Pens a few weeks ago. They know that those games are cancelled and I figured that they would provide me with a refund. They didn't. So the next step in order to get a refund for services not rendered is to "overreact" and contact an agency like the Better Business Bureau. 2 days later the Pens called and were happy to refund my money for all games that were cancelled so far by the NHL. Who knows, they may be a little more lenient on refunds now because they were awfully apologetic after the BBB complaint and said that all that I need to say was that I wanted a refund and they would have been happy to oblige.

They did caution me to not spend the money because the season could start any day now and I will be billed as soon as that announcement is made.
roland
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 887
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:08 pm

Re: STH refunds

Postby knives of ice on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:01 pm

roland wrote:
suzinpgh wrote:October refund of 5 games was posted to my credit card yesterday.
I am calling to request a refund of the 7 November games today.
The November games were canceled before the end of October,
and I don't see why I need to wait ten days in to December
for those to be credited back to me.

This season is not going to happen.


I said the same thing when I called the Pens a few weeks ago. They know that those games are cancelled and I figured that they would provide me with a refund. They didn't. So the next step in order to get a refund for services not rendered is to "overreact" and contact an agency like the Better Business Bureau. 2 days later the Pens called and were happy to refund my money for all games that were cancelled so far by the NHL. Who knows, they may be a little more lenient on refunds now because they were awfully apologetic after the BBB complaint and said that all that I need to say was that I wanted a refund and they would have been happy to oblige.

They did caution me to not spend the money because the season could start any day now and I will be billed as soon as that announcement is made.



haha...contacting the better business bureau. what a joke. :face:
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,781
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: good riddance Armstrong

Re: STH refunds

Postby RJW76 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:35 pm

The Pens planned on creating obstacles and hoops to jump through to get your money back, but a customer called them on it. No problem with what he did. If they can debit your account at their convenience, they can return the funds at yours.
RJW76
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,405
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: Here and There

Re: STH refunds

Postby DMcGrew on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:53 pm

I got my refund 2 days ago. Didn't have to ask them for it.
DMcGrew
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,045
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:48 pm

Re: STH refunds

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:33 am

By all acounts with the exception of one, they either just sent the money back or you had to call to ask them to send it early and they did. The exception skipped that step and called someone else. Perfectly logical.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,242
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: STH refunds

Postby roland on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:17 am

Idoit40fans wrote:By all acounts with the exception of one, they either just sent the money back or you had to call to ask them to send it early and they did. The exception skipped that step and called someone else. Perfectly logical.


I assume that this is directed to me. To clarify once again, I called and asked for a refund when preseason games were cancelled and I was told that I needed to wait until the beginning of October to get the 1 preseason game refunded. I did and that game was refunded on Oct 9th.

When more regular season games were cancelled, I asked for a refund and was told NO, wait until November and then ask, then wait 10 business days. Before the end of October arrived, the NHL announce that all games up until December were cancelled. I called and said enough is enough, can you refund the October games and the November games that have been cancelled. I was told NO, wait till the end of each month and ask us then.

After that, a quick email to the BBB resulted in an even quicker response from the Pens where they said "all you had to do was ask, sure, here's your refund for all games that were announced up until December"

To the STH's who received refunds, have all games up until December been refunded or just the games in October.
roland
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 887
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:08 pm

Re: STH refunds

Postby Dickie Dunn on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:26 am

Season tickets cancelled. Refund took like 2 days.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,099
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:05 am


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


e-mail