Attendance Thoughts & Gameplay

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Attendance Thoughts & Gameplay

Postby DocEmrick on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:34 pm

I don't think Pittsburgh is going to have much trouble especially with Sid healthy. I know that the organization has sold tickets out through 2020 or something like that, which is good, but still doesn't mean EVERYONE shows up. So every time they announce a sell out it doesn't necessarily mean the bldg is full to capacity, as was seen when Sid first went down two years ago.

Regardless, what are your thoughts for how the rest of the league is going to do? Big market teams should be okay in light of everything, but the NHL lost so much ground with the lockout that they had gained in the past 7/8 years with 2005's return.

On top of this, will the refs start calling games like they were in 05/06/07? Or are they going to let the clutching and grabbing slowly start to work it's way back into the game as they had been recently before the lockout?
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Attendance Thoughts & Gameplay

Postby Qbert on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:02 pm

Unlike the last lockout, this one was all about money and had nothing to do with game play. So I would assume that any trends we were seeing in officiating, supplemental discipline etc. will continue. It would have been nice if they would have taken some of this time to address a few of those problems but I've heard nothing and read nothing that would lead me to belive that.
Qbert
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:52 pm

No, Qbert (awesome name!) is right. The last lockout had substantial changes to the way the game was played; this was all about millionaires and billionaires and who gets how much. Expect uneven officiating, unfortunately.

So if the Pens start selling out games this season, will other fanbases call us out for being sheeple and not boycotting? :lol:
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby thepittman on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:10 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:No, Qbert (awesome name!) is right. The last lockout had substantial changes to the way the game was played; this was all about millionaires and billionaires and who gets how much. Expect uneven officiating, unfortunately.

So if the Pens start selling out games this season, will other fanbases call us out for being sheeple and not boycotting? :lol:

They already hate us for a multitude of reason, might as well add that to it as well.
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins