Speculation: Flyers claim Strait? Reality: Isles got him.

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Speculation: Flyers claim Strait? Reality: Isles got hi

Postby DocEmrick on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:55 pm

Sneep vs Strait
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,786
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: 39°6′32″N 76°46′17″W

Re: Speculation: Flyers claim Strait? Reality: Isles got hi

Postby DelPen on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:21 pm

I guess looking at the roster, Strait was the correct choice to send down because he is making more than Lovejoy and he will be a Group VI UFA after this season because he can only possibly cap out at 60 NHL games. To keep him an RFA he'd have to play 68 games this year. In an 82 game season that might be plausible if he played well enough to be the #6 every night and would be worth keeping him over Lovejoy to at least have that option.

So he was either gone now or next year. With Lovejoy you at least know you have proven guy back there. It's nice to have this depth though.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,917
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Speculation: Flyers claim Strait? Reality: Isles got hi

Postby largegarlic on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:34 pm

DelPen wrote:I guess looking at the roster, Strait was the correct choice to send down because he is making more than Lovejoy and he will be a Group VI UFA after this season because he can only possibly cap out at 60 NHL games. To keep him an RFA he'd have to play 68 games this year. In an 82 game season that might be plausible if he played well enough to be the #6 every night and would be worth keeping him over Lovejoy to at least have that option.

So he was either gone now or next year. With Lovejoy you at least know you have proven guy back there. It's nice to have this depth though.


That's good info about Strait's UFA status. You have to figure a lot of these marginal d prospects (Sneep, Grant, Samuelsson, etc.) are going to be squeezed out in the next couple years.
largegarlic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,796
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:56 pm

Re: Speculation: Flyers claim Strait? Reality: Isles got hi

Postby JS© on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:50 pm

Image
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,941
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:52 am
Location: Trying to avoid the mumps.

Re: Speculation: Flyers claim Strait? Reality: Isles got hi

Postby SolidSnake on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:02 am

I see Strait got 15 mins of ice time in the game
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,504
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:41 pm
Location: Why the hell are you dressed like a chicken?

Re: Speculation: Flyers claim Strait? Reality: Isles got hi

Postby KG on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:33 am

SolidSnake wrote:I see Strait got 15 mins of ice time in the game


Read in the paper he was playing most of the game with Streit (Mark)...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,979
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:53 am
Location: NY

Re: Speculation: Flyers claim Strait? Reality: Isles got hi

Postby DelPen on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:40 pm

KG wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:I see Strait got 15 mins of ice time in the game


Read in the paper he was playing most of the game with Streit (Mark)...

Too bad they can't get Jared Staal and Jarret Stoll
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,917
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hugo Stiglitz, malkinshair, Pens4Life, Penspal and 22 guests


e-mail