Who is claiming the GDT? :scared:

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Who is claiming the GDT? :scared:

Postby dagny on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:42 am

Rocco wrote:
Godric wrote:
Rocco wrote:
Godric wrote:
Rocco wrote:Though the "good juju" rule is stupid and serves no purpose.

Says the self proclaimed "MVP" of a season where the Pens got ousted in the first round :face:

Perhaps if we weren't loading people down with stupid rules we could perform to the best of our abilities.

I didn't see Admin complaining when he won Game 7 in 2009

Wasn't a rule then.

It wasn't? :pop:

EagleMorph was the GDT mgr then. The data is gone via the link, in his OP, to his gdt posting rules, but you'll find the rules mentioned a few pages in (From 2008-2009 Official Game Thread Standings thread). Once by EM:
EagleMorph wrote:There's no rule on being able to watch the game, but you absolutely must be an active participant in the thread. That doesn't mean asking: "What actually happened?" every few minutes.

So it's generally a good thing to be able to see the game. You might be able to focus enough good juju via radio, but it'd be tougher. Stats or a boxscore won't do it. Trust us, the hockey gods will know.

The biggest rule, outside of juju, is you absolutely, positively must be around for the entire game. Doesn't matter if there's a 20 minute power outage at the Arena, a full OT, and the longest possible shootout. You MUST be around and active in the thread, or the hockey gods will smite you and the Penguins.

And then you'll be sent to Ecuador with Canaan.

also by FourtKNOX:

fourtKNOX wrote:maudine!

Welcome aboard... pretty much the rules are this... you have to beable to be in the thread through-out the game... its frowned upon not be able to watch on TV although Im not positive its a must!

If you see any bad mojo/juju going on, you have to stop it! try to keep things under control!

And you are only allowed to grab a thread one game in advance!

EM runs the show though, so he has the last call on things!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rocco wrote: Dagny added it so she could fulfill her Kerry Fraser fantasies of drawing attention to herself by deleting posts.

I did? :pop:

A previous page of the 08-09 GDT standings thread
dagny wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
dagny wrote:
Kicksave wrote:I wasn't AWOL.

I didn't post much in the beginning when we went on a tear, I didn't want to jinx anything.

Bah! You were so AWOL that you didn't even respond to my issued Amber Alert for you.

You've been at the table long enough to know that gdt starters are required to post in the thread, keep it under control, and work to keep the good juju alive. Simply posting a pretty OP doesn't cut the mustard.

You failed, miserably. . . :P

When you run a GDT, you can run it your way. Don't tell me how to run mine.

Them's the rules, sweetness. . . I didn't make 'em.

Watch out for that early onset dementia creepin up on ya. :wink:

Just for good measure... let's revisit a post from the last page of the 08-09 gdt standings thread:
(Recap for any who may not understand why that season starts with EM as mgr, but ends with me: EM realized he'd lost his passion for being gdt mgr; Pens were in a skid; EM decided to step down as mgr and handed the baton to me.)

Kicksave wrote:
Rocco wrote:
dagny wrote:Congratulations, again, team!

I hope making it to the holy grail finally shuts my critic *cough**cough*rocco*cough**cough* up. 8-)

GDT mgr:

Rocco- 0 Cups

dagny- 1 Cup

I'd also like to extend thanks to EagleMorph... without him, I wouldn't have this position.

RJ- most epic gdt EVER!

I'll be coming up with some final gdt starter awards. Nominations are encouraged, however ROY is all locked up.

What an amazing run in the last stretch to get to the playoffs, and what an exhilarating playoff run, all the way to the Cup! You guys have been awesome!

Rocco, I've made arrangements for a stow away spot on a freighter headed home from Ecuador. Be on it, you're coming home.

Good for you. Way to jump on the bandwagon when things were going well. Didn't see you asking for the job in 2003. Wonder why. And without me you'd have melted your starters early in the post-season- better ask the mods to delete those posts where I talked you out of doing something dumb so you can take all the credit. You can pretend like I had nothing to do with this. You and I are Shaq and Kobe- we needed each other as much as we hated to admit it. Shaq realized it and was happy to get out of the way and let the egomaniac hog the spotlight while he did all the dirty work, while Kobe didn't figure it out until he got rid of Shaq. It's okay- you guys at the lunch table can be as popular as you want. Sic transit gloria mundi. We'll just call you Chance the Gardener- right place at the right time.

You could never have sent me to Ecuador if you wanted. It's a good thing too or else FourtKnox would have started six straight games because you didn't know any better.

To her credit, she took over when we were in 10th place. You can't fault her that she wasn't around for the gig in 2003.

When she got her call, she won a championship.

Anyhoo... For those who never noticed the tongue-in-cheek nature of the beginning of the gdt juju rule and it's enforcement, I just pointed it out to you. :P

The way that season went, people couldn't help but get in on the fun of the juju. By the end of that season, even I was on juju stimulus overload, :lol: but it was the result of that season which cemented it into lgp. Even RJ got serious with the juju. He unbanned the beer girls in the playoffs, and blingees only survived on lgp - for the juju.

It started as a fun way to do, pretty much what Kaizer posted above. After winning the Cup, in a season where the bulk of gdt starters participated in and enforced the good juju rule, people have gone crazy with it. The good juju rule applied solely to the official gdt (which also kept it peoples' choice if they wanted to deal with all the positive juju stuff). Now, people (undeservedly) get yelled at for bad juju in almost any thread.

Now we have official juju threads, official bored at work threads, official what I had for breakfast thread, and on and on and on, that have somehow become part of the juju.

Personally- it's juju overload.
Spoiler:
THE JUJU WELL WAS DRAINED DRY LAST SEASON! :lol: PACE YOURSELVES PEOPLE! CALL UPON IT ONLY WHEN NEEDED (in the gdt) DURING THE REGULAR SEASON! SAVE SOME FOR THE PLAYOFFS! :P

Objectively- ....to each their own.

Ultimately- LET'S GO PENS!!!
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Godric on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:39 am

dagny wrote:
Personally- it's juju overload.
Spoiler:
THE JUJU WELL WAS DRAINED DRY LAST SEASON! :lol: PACE YOURSELVES PEOPLE! CALL UPON IT ONLY WHEN NEEDED (in the gdt) DURING THE REGULAR SEASON! SAVE SOME FOR THE PLAYOFFS! :P

Objectively- ....to each their own.

Ultimately- LET'S GO PENS!!!

:lol:
Agreed. Reserve the JuJu people!

nice to see you around dags
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby Rocco on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:01 am

Has the Trash Heap spoken?

Funny how the "good juju" rule was only used on me. Whatever.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PghSkins on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:29 pm

penny lane wrote:I'd like to handle a thread at some point this season. I know I will be vetted aka paul ryan... :D

I for one think you have more than established your cred to jump over the boards here, but that's just me.
PghSkins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Godric on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:30 pm

PghSkins wrote:
penny lane wrote:I'd like to handle a thread at some point this season. I know I will be vetted aka paul ryan... :D

I for one think you have more than established your cred to jump over the boards here, but that's just me.

:thumb: :thumb:
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby Kaizer on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:34 pm

PghSkins wrote:

definitely
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins