WTF ROOT?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: WTF ROOT?

Postby PghSkins on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:01 am

Radio pregame available free on the web is better than the root pregame.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:04 am

mac5155 wrote:It was probably blaclednout so you watch nhl network. You do understand that it's not blacked out so you can't watch period, it's so you watch the network they want you to watch...

Hopefully that's the case and the game will be on Root Wednesday. People get upset because they're paying for a service that worked last year and changed without any notice. It's not uncalled for.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Elementary Penguin on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:01 am

ivand87 wrote:I don't have DirecTV but the fact that the PREGAME is blacked out is beyond ridiculous... All these restrictions and blackouts are so insane.

I'm forced to watch tonight's game on NHL Network who plaster their ridiculous graphics with news and scores from other game's at the bottom of the screen, taking up a good 5% or more of the actual broadcast. I guess the geniuses at NHL Network haven't figured out that following the puck and the play during a hockey game is kind of important. The NHL Network is such a joke. And while I'm at it, I'm so sick of Kathryn Tappen's voice.

How could anyone be tired of Kathryn Tappen?
Elementary Penguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby DudeMan2766 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:32 am

That girl is A+
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby midd on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:26 am

It was blacked out in southern NJ too. For those of you who don't think it's a big deal, it is actually. I add the sports package with the understanding that all games would be blacked out on the Regional channels. This is directv's way of getting you to buy Center ICe, League Pass, Extra Innings etc. No problem with that at all.

I'm looking for content (news, locker room interviews, etc) of my teams that are outside of my regional market. I'm pretty sure those are the reasons why anyone would pay extra for those channels. So now it's being blacked out, so what's the purpose of paying for that sports package?

I'm canceling that sport's package this week.
midd
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby GreenBlood10 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:34 am

I'm pretty sure I'm outside of Pittsburgh and I was watching it on Root with no issues. I saw it was on NHLN as well but I didn't try that channel. I have Directv and the sports pack.
GreenBlood10
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:04 am

...I have never recieved pre or post game coverage on center ice. Never thought to care about it either, I buy the service so that I can watch the games.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:38 am

midd wrote:It was blacked out in southern NJ too. For those of you who don't think it's a big deal, it is actually. I add the sports package with the understanding that all games would be blacked out on the Regional channels. This is directv's way of getting you to buy Center ICe, League Pass, Extra Innings etc. No problem with that at all.

I'm looking for content (news, locker room interviews, etc) of my teams that are outside of my regional market. I'm pretty sure those are the reasons why anyone would pay extra for those channels. So now it's being blacked out, so what's the purpose of paying for that sports package?

I'm canceling that sport's package this week.

The game was not on Center Ice, it was on the NHL Network.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby hoser66 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:55 am

GreenBlood10 wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm outside of Pittsburgh and I was watching it on Root with no issues. I saw it was on NHLN as well but I didn't try that channel. I have Directv and the sports pack.

If your location is correct and the picture on this is correct you are inside the viewing area...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_Sports_Pittsburgh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Media.PNG
hoser66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby relantel on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:24 pm

pregame was blacked out here in NoVA, but not postgame. If that continues on Wednesday, I will complain about that. I may not catch much of the Root pregame, but it should not be blacked out with Premier (which includes sports pack). I am not in a position to drop sports pack, as the DVR service is grandfathered in the Premier pricing.

I love the circle of answers as to who is to blame. Got similar issues last week with the Black & White scrimmage game. Really funny that DTV owns ROOT but says it's ROOT's problem. Though with enough people blasting the Pens, ROOT and DTV twitter accounts, in addition to the calls, does get results.

Last year, DirecTV blacked out the ROOT 11pm reairs of games that weren't blacked out live. Never did get a good answer there.

FWIW, on the Centre Ice channels themselves, they don't cut off right away when one has sports pack. Though at the same time, these games should also be on their native RSN channel as well, as the Pens have been on 659 (and 628 before that).
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby GreenBlood10 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:41 pm

hoser66 wrote:
GreenBlood10 wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm outside of Pittsburgh and I was watching it on Root with no issues. I saw it was on NHLN as well but I didn't try that channel. I have Directv and the sports pack.

If your location is correct and the picture on this is correct you are inside the viewing area...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_Sports_Pittsburgh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Media.PNG

Interesting....
GreenBlood10
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby nocera on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:46 pm

Not sure if this is the norm, but Center Ice is showing the penguins pregame.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby KBone on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:55 pm

nocera wrote:Not sure if this is the norm, but Center Ice is showing the penguins pregame.

I'm just happy its showing up on Root here in St. Louis.
KBone
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Kovy27 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:04 am

KBone wrote:
nocera wrote:Not sure if this is the norm, but Center Ice is showing the penguins pregame.

I'm just happy its showing up on Root here in St. Louis.

YOU GUYS FIXED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSS!

Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Three Stars on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:11 pm

Anybody else parsing this thread title as "What the FROOT?"
Three Stars
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kovy27 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:28 pm

Three Stars wrote:Anybody else parsing this thread title as "What the FROOT?"

I keep thinking to myself...wt froot is going on with the girl in front of sean connery.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Admin on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:01 pm

Or the lady emerging from the egg.
Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins