Joe Vitale; lucky to be alive

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Joe Vitale; lucky to be alive

Postby Geezer on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:41 pm

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/spo ... z2IdWyr0Wa
I forgot this from last year or maybe missed it. I hope he becomes a 4th line regular and I'd like to see him get a PK shot. I think Jeffrey should be competing against Tangradi for the 2nd line LW spot and I think it should be done 2 game starts for each. If neither becomes competent in that stretch bring on Bennett. Jeffrey at that point becomes 13th forward.
Geezer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: Joe Vitale; lucky to be alive

Postby tfrizz on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:22 pm

Geezer wrote:http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/penguins/penguins-vitale-took-different-route-to-nhl-284882/#ixzz2IdWyr0Wa
I forgot this from last year or maybe missed it. I hope he becomes a 4th line regular and I'd like to see him get a PK shot. I think Jeffrey should be competing against Tangradi for the 2nd line LW spot and I think it should be done 2 game starts for each. If neither becomes competent in that stretch bring on Bennett. Jeffrey at that point becomes 13th forward.

You can't bring in Bennett without waiving someone or putting them on IR. They don't seem to be willing to waive Tangradi, Jeffrey, Bortuzzo, or Lovejoy so it all comes down to IR.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Beveridge on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:23 pm

tfrizz wrote:
Geezer wrote:http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/penguins/penguins-vitale-took-different-route-to-nhl-284882/#ixzz2IdWyr0Wa

You can't bring in Bennett without waiving someone or putting them on IR. They don't seem to be willing to waive Tangradi, Jeffrey, Bortuzzo, or Lovejoy so it all comes down to IR.

You could send down despres
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby sil on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:59 pm

Yes, but the point is that we really need to start shifting players around and moving them up and down, because we're 2-0 and have looked really good thus far. :pop:
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Dan H on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:09 pm

tfrizz wrote:

By the time it's an issue, chances are someone will be on IR.
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Shakko on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:27 pm

In a one-game comparison, I thought that Vitale played much better than Jeffrey. The way Despres is playing, he is asking for a one-way ticket to WBS. He has been the only weak spot in the first two games.
Shakko
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Pen48guins on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:46 pm

I don't think Jeffrey should be anywhere near the line up. He just hasn't been that good.
Pen48guins
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby RxBandit66 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:35 pm

Pen48guins wrote:I don't think Jeffrey should be anywhere near the line up. He just hasn't been that good.

Here's the thing, this is likely the last chance for Tangradi and Jeffrey in a Pens uniform. So I have no problem with giving these guys a look. I'm trying to be positive, but I'm not optimistic about either one. Jeffrey simply must play smarter and Tangradi needs to become a factor on the ice. He makes so little of an impact that his name is rarely heard. At his size, he should at least be mixing it up out there. Why doesn't Gary Roberts work with him??
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins