Niederreiter anybody?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Niederreiter anybody?

Postby mikey287 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:21 pm

Paajarvi is such an awful finisher that the Oilers might just move him back to defense...not sure why he'd be the answer we're looking for...I guess because he's fast people think he's good? He leaves me wanting a lot in terms of his offensive skills department. I've said for a while that I think Edmonton uses him to bolster their roster in a trade over anyone else...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:13 pm

mikey287 wrote:Paajarvi is such an awful finisher that the Oilers might just move him back to defense...not sure why he'd be the answer we're looking for...I guess because he's fast people think he's good? He leaves me wanting a lot in terms of his offensive skills department. I've said for a while that I think Edmonton uses him to bolster their roster in a trade over anyone else...

If fast = good then Rico Fata was the greatest player ever.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mikey287 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:18 pm

Second best.
Spoiler:
Koltsov.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby wondermoose on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:05 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
mikey287 wrote:Paajarvi is such an awful finisher that the Oilers might just move him back to defense...not sure why he'd be the answer we're looking for...I guess because he's fast people think he's good? He leaves me wanting a lot in terms of his offensive skills department. I've said for a while that I think Edmonton uses him to bolster their roster in a trade over anyone else...

If fast = good then Rico Fata was the greatest player ever.

wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby André on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:51 am

Paajarvi has the shot. Don't know why he's struggling with finishing but he has the tools for it. His weakness in my opinion is his vision. He skates and shoots, and that's it. A better Kennedy kind of. I wouldn't mind giving a better, maybe even faster and younger Kennedy a look at wing. Then again he might be a bad deal at the moment. Touted first rounder that maybe shouldn't have been that.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins