STH tickets

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: STH tickets

Postby The Snapshot on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:03 pm

C4 Row E wrote:I will be calling on Monday morning. My guess is that we will be told to print them at home, and they will reimburse the fees. That would be a very tedious job to print a random 5 games for every seat in the arena.

I would be curious to hear which games you are missing to see if there is any consistency in those missing. My missing tix are:

Game 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22 and 24.

How do you miss the tix for the last game of the season and Fan Appreciation Night?
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby MicP on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:21 pm

C4 Row E wrote:I will be calling on Monday morning. My guess is that we will be told to print them at home, and they will reimburse the fees. That would be a very tedious job to print a random 5 games for every seat in the arena.

There are no fees to print the tickets, just to email them. Not that I would want to print all of them
MicP
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby The Snapshot on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:34 pm

MicP wrote:

There are no fees to print the tickets, just to email them. Not that I would want to print all of them

I immediately thought "that pile seems awfully small" when I first opened them. They missed 11 out 24 home games? That is some seriously poor Quality Control there for whatever their Print facility is.

The tix are numbered too, so nobody went through the pile before they put them in an envelope and Fed-exed them to see that the numbers were skipped?

They have as much attention to detail in that office as they do on the ice. :fist:
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby letsgowbspens66 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:42 pm

I have full season and they only sent me tickets for 3 games!!! WTF
letsgowbspens66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby dietz on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:00 pm

the tickets that are missing in my bundle are the tickets i have on ticketexchange(which is stupid because i would have to pay to take them down and reprint and you need barcode which i don't have)
dietz
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby MicP on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:14 pm

dietz wrote:the tickets that are missing in my bundle are the tickets i have on ticketexchange(which is stupid because i would have to pay to take them down and reprint and you need barcode which i don't have)

You don't need a bar code to print tickets. Print them from Pens account. Bar codes will be provided.
MicP
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MicP on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:16 pm

MicP wrote:
dietz wrote:the tickets that are missing in my bundle are the tickets i have on ticketexchange(which is stupid because i would have to pay to take them down and reprint and you need barcode which i don't have)

You don't need a bar code to print tickets. Print them from Pens account. Bar codes will be provided.

Now due to all of the mistakes, if they change the original bar code #s - OUCH!
MicP
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Qbert on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:39 pm

I was missing a few tickets as well but I checked and the games I'm missing are all games that I sold on ticket exchange. All the rest are there.
Qbert
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby BurghThing on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:44 pm

I didn't even check mine, was just happy they finally arrived last yesterday. Well that will give me something to do during intermission.
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DMcGrew on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:07 pm

I'm missing 1 game but I printed those tickets on Tues to give to somebody I work with. So I guess that makes sense.
DMcGrew
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby C4 Row E on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:37 pm

All 3 of the games that I'm missing in the stack are currently listed on Ticket Exchange.
Last edited by C4 Row E on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
C4 Row E
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MicP on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:02 pm

I don't think missing tickets listed or sold on the Pens Exchange would change the printing of tickets. I believe the order for ticket printing was well before the Exchange went live. You also have the option to remove listings at any time.
MicP
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:10 pm

I guess the Penguins aren't a six sigma organization. :pop:
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MicP on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:53 am

Idoit40fans wrote:I guess the Penguins aren't a six sigma organization. :pop:

The Penguins and their printing company may be "six sigma organizations". That would explain missing tickets that were sold. They should not exclude tickets listed on the Exchange and not sold because you have the flexibility of removing the listing at any time.
MicP
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:15 am

I still didn't receive mine yet. Should I be worried?
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MicP on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:16 am

Still waiting on my tickets.
MicP
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby mac5155 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:50 am

Idoit40fans wrote:See above. Also i'm a season ticket holder.

Cap's season ticket holder, you mean.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby llipgh2 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:43 am

Wow, I'm glad I looked at this thread. I need to check my tickets to see if any games are missing.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:15 pm

mac5155 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:See above. Also i'm a season ticket holder.

Cap's season ticket holder, you mean.

I've only been to a few caps games actually. Will probably see more this year.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby sdadowski on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:35 pm

Anybody call and get a response form their ticket rep?
I called and left a message, but no reply yet.
sdadowski
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:36 pm

Call the Better Business Bureau. Its the only logical response.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby roland on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:58 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Call the Better Business Bureau. Its the only logical response.

Don't call anyone, just sit there and take it. Don't complain. Just assume that all will be well. If for whatever reason you do feel the need to speak up about paying for a product and not getting what you paid for, DON'T CALL THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU!! (it will only upset posters (or a poster rather) on this board and they will continue to bring it up again and again :lol:)
roland
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby The Snapshot on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:24 pm

Just spoke to the ticketing agent. All of the games I did not receive tickets for are games I posted on TicketExchange. She said the explanation was that the barcode on the two tix are not the same (I knew this) and that they were concerned that the barcode on the hard ticket, if it was printed in the time that the ticket sold on TicketExchange but that it had not shown up in their system, would mean my hard ticket would incorrectly become the valid one and the purchaser would have an issue when they went to the gate.

I explained to her that from a systems perspective I didn't understand how that should matter, that the TicketExchange Barcode should always win - but the phone just went silent.

We then went through all my games and she confirmed that I have all of the tickets that are were not on the Exchange as of their printing run. The fact that I have since posted a few others is not an issue according to her. If I want to pull the tix off of the Exchange, then wait to receive a new ticket in the mail before re-posting, I can do that. Otherwise I can leave them until the 2 hour deadline before each game and then:

1) E-mail them to someone else to use
2) Print the soft ticket for myself to use

Kind of a pain in the arse for the season ticket holder based on a flaw in their system. It would have been easier if they had just suspended the sale of tix on the exchange for the period that they did their print runs, or made the change that allowed the Exchange's ticket to always be valid since a transaction record would have to exist?
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby BurghThing on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:33 pm

Got mine Saturday finally, no missing tickets for me.
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby MicP on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:26 pm

Just looked at my Penguins STH account: Hadn't noticed the Ticket history and Ticket status links before.
Clarifies everything as far as when tickets were printed and which are valid. In my case I listed some on the Ticket Exchange and then removed them.
Wasn't aware of this. Don't recall this system in the past.
MicP
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins