Game 3 vs. Toronto - Thoughts from the morning after

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Game 3 vs. Toronto - Thoughts from the morning after

Postby netwolf on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:50 pm

llipgh2 wrote:
netwolf wrote:I just think that despite all the hate Mill gets here (and other non-existent sites) it's a vocal minority; I get the feeling most people in the building don't care.

This. He's no John Barbero, to be sure. But he isn't trying to be. I'm fine with him.

I don't want him to try that either. And while I would prefer he tone it down a little (not the Malkin call though; it's awesome), it doesn't bother me to the point I care to contact the team about it. It certainly doesn't affect the enjoyment I get out of games.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby netwolf on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:01 pm

Lt. Dish wrote:I didn't know the PK was sponsored--what?

It was extremely short-lived. I want to say GNC was the lucky business that got that spot. The worst part of it was they had Mill make an announcement similar to the PP one. "Fans, then Penguins are now on the GNC penalty kill!" Like being shorthanded was something to be excited about. I have no inside knowledge, but that one in particular always struck me as something no one outside of marketing knew about before it happened. If anyone on the hockey side got wind of it, I doubt it ever would have seen the light of day.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:23 pm

netwolf wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:I didn't know the PK was sponsored--what?

It was extremely short-lived. I want to say GNC was the lucky business that got that spot. The worst part of it was they had Mill make an announcement similar to the PP one. "Fans, then Penguins are now on the GNC penalty kill!" Like being shorthanded was something to be excited about. I have no inside knowledge, but that one in particular always struck me as something no one outside of marketing knew about before it happened. If anyone on the hockey side got wind of it, I doubt it ever would have seen the light of day.

I think this should follow the penalty announcement. OK, not really. :)

Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins