Had the Pens re-signed Talbot...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Had the Pens re-signed Talbot...

Postby shmenguin on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:13 pm

Oh and by the way, talbot was a way overrated penalty killer. The king of failed clearing attempts.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:23 pm

Steve Dave wrote:He played on a line with Coutiere(sp?) and Voracek last night, shutting down the Rangers top line. Also, the Flyers are without Hartnell, Briere and Rinaldo.
So they aren't exactly healthy.
Lt. Dish wrote:
columbia wrote:As I recall, he's pulling 4th line duty these days.
I liked Talbot, but he's right where he should be.

Yes, he is now on the 4th line, even with a fully healthy Flyers roster.

I meant to delete the comma and "even" to say he'd be on the 4th line in a healthy Flyers roster. :face: I'm, like, functionally illiterate today.

Yes, the roster is falling apart right now. Max started the opener on the 2nd line, but I think that was to give him added incentive, as though he needed any facing his old team. Since the Sabres game, he's been on 3th/4th lines, leaving Laviolette to opt to expose Couturier and Read to extended top-6 time. I think he'll pretty much stay there.

Water under the bridge: The Flyers knew they were overpaying for a 3rd liner, so if they're cool with it, then great.

I'll always love the guy and appreciate what he can bring when he plays his A game. I was sad to see him go, and it annoys me just a tad seeing him and Flyers fans embrace each other as they have. But I think I'd be a bit sadder had we paid to make him stay.
Last edited by Lt. Dish on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby DelPen on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:25 pm

Ok, done debating which 3rd tier forwards would be less of a burden for Malkin.

Sullivan was better last year and Brad Boyes would have been better this year. Jeffrey is probably better than Talbot in that role if tried and Bennett would be too.

So no, don't need Talbot.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby The Snapshot on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:31 pm

DelPen wrote:Ok, done debating which 3rd tier forwards would be less of a burden for Malkin.

Sullivan was better last year and Brad Boyes would have been better this year. Jeffrey is probably better than Talbot in that role if tried and Bennett would be too.

So no, don't need Talbot.

Agreed on all counts here. Wonder why Jeffrey hasn't be tried there in any games instead of moving guys around on multiple lines? A couple of giveaways trumps the talk from the coaching staff about their big plans for him?

Right now you have a solid 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines with a guy sitting you could just plug into line #1, yet we change lines 1 and 3 instead?
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins