Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins 2017 Stanley Cup Champs Fan Gear and Collectibles

OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. JETS 1/25/13

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. JETS 1/25/13

Postby FreeCandy44 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:39 pm

Meh....stop complaining and be thankful we have something to complain about.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:39 pm

we lost last year because of discipline. our struggles so far this year are because of the same thing. let's not pretend like that doesn't mean anything. there's some rust, sure. sid's not crisp, leatang is bewildered, guys don't know how to play with each other, etc. but look at the mistakes, and the players making them. it's a continuation of a trend. someone needs to stop it.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Mr. Colby on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:39 pm

columbia wrote:
Lovejoy and Tangradi belong in the AHL

I thought Lovejoy played well and Tangradi was irrelevant - played 4th line.

Matt Cooke - has he dressed yet this year?

Craig Adams - do you do anything 5 on 5 anymore?
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby iWonTheCup87 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:39 pm

Pitts wrote:
iWonTheCup87 wrote:2 games in a row we have had huge letdowns 2nd period and awful third periods. If you arent concerned i dont know what would concern people who insist its only 4 games when we keep making the same stupid mistakes time and time again.

We are 4 games in, the team is 2-2 and currently 2nd in their division. Yes, time to throw in the towel.

clearly since i said the pens season was over. Its like some of you dont even read the posts you just immediately assume some people are freaking out and giving up.

I SAID they keep doing the same stupid things esp from top players. How is that not concerning when its not changing? please tell me how its good and stop saying its only 4 games in that is a stupid cop out.
iWonTheCup87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby farnham16 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:40 pm

You can't have this type of puck management and win in the NHL. Starting to think Bylsma's system makes it very hard sometimes to find open guys and forces players to make bad plays with the puck. Dudes needs to start getting benched for a few shifts if they conintue with the bad puck play. And yes, that includes Sid, Geno, and Neal.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Grunthy on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:40 pm

DelPen wrote:Not sure how anyone can not be upset over the sloppy play the last two games regardless of the outcome. Players at this level should not be making simple breakout pass turnovers like we are seeing. Same with bad drop passes especially to players you have 60+ games with.

you are right, no players/nhl team has ever lost two games in a row because of sloppy play until the pens did tonight.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DelPen on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:40 pm

tfrizz wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:There is zero reason to keep Tangradi in this lineup! Zero!

If we don't see him scratched next game, Bortuzzo in....then DB needs his head examined.

So... you want to go with 7 D next game then?

Jeffrey is the only spare forward they have, and there's currently no room to call anyone up.

Kennedy needs to be on the right side. We had a good chance to score when Malkin fed the puck across the crease but Kennedy and Neal were both on the right post.

Put him with Crosby or back down to the 3rd.

Try Jeffrey with Malkin, can't be any worse than Tangradi and gets players back to their normal positions.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pressure=9Pa on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:40 pm

Any guesses on what the Pens attacking zone time has been this season versus Bylsma's first 1.5 seasons? Unlike goals scored or against, this number starts to mean something after 6-10 games. I suspect it is way down versus the teams from 3-4 years ago, and I think speaks to how difficult a team is to play against.
pressure=9Pa
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:40 pm

offsides wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:Can't people ever just enjoy a game of hockey?

Really, it's not that hard.

If I was a Jets fan, I would have enjoyed the crap out of it. I watch lots of games I don't care about and enjoy them, but I do care about Pens games and can't enjoy pitiful performances like that.

Same here.I don't mind it if the Pens lose if they put up a fight.After the 2-0 lead the Pens went out in a whimper.Just a 40 minute pathetic performance.
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby sharpshootr55 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:41 pm

iWonTheCup87 wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
Pitts wrote:Good Lord, Pen's fans are pathetic. Last Sunday we're winning the Stanley Cup, today, fire all the coaches and trade everyone!

I thoroughly enjoyed that game. Great crowd, a lot of action and a very good, fast pace. So, what are we now, 2-2?? Oh CRAP!!! Trade 'em all!

no one said we were winning the cup last weekend please stop exaggerating. Its a 48 game season every game is that more important and the fact that we keep doing the same stupid things over and over is not good.

I'm not gonna say that I have no concerns whatsoever, because that would be a lie, but based on your posts you are a Debbie Downer and half, man. Let's take it down a notch. These past 2 games weren't pretty, but I don't think any game thus far played by any of the other 29 teams has been that good either. Give it some time. Obviously we don't have a whole lot, but I highly believe that a lot of the boneheaded mistakes will work themselves out. :thumb:
sharpshootr55
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kharlamov on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:41 pm

Grunthy wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:Im very impressed by the Jets and there fans. Penguins fans wish they were this loud passionate.

Congratulations to jets fans I guess... :pop:

Can you hear the passion of the Consol crowd?? Listen closely.

Kharlamov
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:41 pm

It really does amaze me none of you guys can just enjoy watching the Pens play hockey.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DelPen on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:41 pm

Grunthy wrote:
DelPen wrote:Not sure how anyone can not be upset over the sloppy play the last two games regardless of the outcome. Players at this level should not be making simple breakout pass turnovers like we are seeing. Same with bad drop passes especially to players you have 60+ games with.

you are right, no players/nhl team has ever lost two games in a row because of sloppy play until the pens did tonight.

Is anyone saying that? You think them playing like that is acceptable? You are happy with the last to games?
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Metalmike on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:42 pm

Does anyone think that Bylsma does anything to change losses like this? Nope. He just hopes for the Pens to get a fluke goal on another teams mistake and then he keeps his job. After 3 years in a row having embarrasing playoff loses to Montreal, Tampa Bay and The Flyers we as fans are expected to calm down and let the Pens "Play their game" under this non emotional former 3rd line Ducks player who thinks HE won a Cup in 2009 when it was clearly MT.
The Pens are way too Soff under DB and it shows game after game for years now.

Metal Mike, Canada's #1 Penguins Fan.
Metalmike
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Pitts on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:43 pm

iWonTheCup87 wrote:
Pitts wrote:
iWonTheCup87 wrote:2 games in a row we have had huge letdowns 2nd period and awful third periods. If you arent concerned i dont know what would concern people who insist its only 4 games when we keep making the same stupid mistakes time and time again.

We are 4 games in, the team is 2-2 and currently 2nd in their division. Yes, time to throw in the towel.

clearly since i said the pens season was over. Its like some of you dont even read the posts you just immediately assume some people are freaking out and giving up.

I SAID they keep doing the same stupid things esp from top players. How is that not concerning when its not changing? please tell me how its good and stop saying its only 4 games in that is a stupid cop out.

Holy over reaction dude. Do me a favor...turn off the tv, drink a beer and chill some. The sun will, in fact, rise tomorrow.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Grunthy on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:43 pm

iWonTheCup87 wrote:
Pitts wrote:

Ok then we have the two best players in the nhl, and are 2-2 with some lackadaisical effort. Our top guys will figure it out. Sid has played like 20 games the past 2 years, he will be fine. They will get on track as it has only been 240 minutes of hockey...
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shmenguin on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:43 pm

DelPen wrote:Kennedy needs to be on the right side. We had a good chance to score when Malkin fed the puck across the crease but Kennedy and Neal were both on the right post.

yeah, i thought overall kennedy was ok (better than any alternative, at least), but you could tell that LW thing threw him off. square peg. round hole.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby iWonTheCup87 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:43 pm

MRandall25 wrote:It really does amaze me none of you guys can just enjoy watching the Pens play hockey.

how is watching the pens lose enjoyable?
iWonTheCup87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Grunthy on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:44 pm

DelPen wrote:
Grunthy wrote:

Is anyone saying that? You think them playing like that is acceptable? You are happy with the last to games?

i don't care, because it is two games.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby iWonTheCup87 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:44 pm

Pitts wrote:
iWonTheCup87 wrote:
Pitts wrote:

Holy over reaction dude. Do me a favor...turn off the tv, drink a beer and chill some. The sun will, in fact, rise tomorrow.

then stop claiming people are giving up when NO one said that.
iWonTheCup87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:44 pm

MRandall25 wrote:It really does amaze me none of you guys can just enjoy watching the Pens play hockey.

I did when they played it for 20 minutes.
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby KG on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:45 pm

Not saying Vokoun didn't play well but I don't understanding starting him. Pens are off tomorrow. MAF is the #1 he should have started IMO.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Grunthy on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:45 pm

iWonTheCup87 wrote:

how is watching the pens lose enjoyable?

he is saying he enjoyed watching a damn good game, not enjoying the pens lose.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DelPen on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:45 pm

Pitts wrote:
iWonTheCup87 wrote:
Pitts wrote:

Hardly. No one here has had an abnormal reaction to this loss. It was ugly. And players sucked. And most of us see that and don't like it. But no ones lining up to burn their jerseys. Why be fans if you don't expect the best from your team and see them win?
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby sharpshootr55 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:46 pm

KG wrote:Not saying Vokoun didn't play well but I don't understanding starting him. Pens are off tomorrow. MAF is the #1 he should have started IMO.

I believe I saw something on Twitter about Vokoun having an abysmal record in Ottawa.
sharpshootr55
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins