OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. JETS 1/25/13

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. JETS 1/25/13

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:46 pm

iWonTheCup87 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:It really does amaze me none of you guys can just enjoy watching the Pens play hockey.

how is watching the pens lose enjoyable?

It's not enjoyable, but it's really not as bad as you guys are making it.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DelPen on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:46 pm

KG wrote:Not saying Vokoun didn't play well but I don't understanding starting him. Pens are off tomorrow. MAF is the #1 he should have started IMO.

Apparently Voukon sucks against the Sens or That's at least what Bylsma said
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby farnham16 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:47 pm

A big problem for me is the disturbing trend of the Pens getting off to great starts and then completely shutting down afterwards. And this dates back a long time under Bylsma. The man can clearly get his team ready to play, which is important. But the Pens are constantly getting outplayed and outsmarted after 1st periods. Of course, the most glaring example is the Flyers series last year. And it had obviously continued so far this season.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby iWonTheCup87 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:48 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
iWonTheCup87 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:It really does amaze me none of you guys can just enjoy watching the Pens play hockey.

No one is freaking out. Why do people keep acting like we are giving up or freaking out. Simply said they have been terrible and repeating stupid mistakes in 2 games in a row sorry if thats concerning to me.
iWonTheCup87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Grunthy on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:48 pm

Eh. I'm not worried.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Froggy on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:48 pm

i think the loss is secondary to the startling revelation that Simon Despres is most likely the illegitimate son of Paul Stanley. some of yall need to get your priorities straight
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:48 pm

we were supposed to "enjoy" how that game panned out. ooooook? i'm sure the 18,000 people at the toronto game were walking out of the arena whistling show tunes. sports aren't always supposed to be fun. you get happy when your team wins and sad when they lose. the degrees of which are debatable. but if you enjoy losses, you are in the vast minority.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Mr. Colby on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:48 pm

More games like the past two and Dan's seat is going to start warming up thats for sure
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:48 pm

DelPen wrote:Hardly. No one here has had an abnormal reaction to this loss. It was ugly. And players sucked. And most of us see that and don't like it. But no ones lining up to burn their jerseys. Why be fans if you don't expect the best from your team and see them win?

Why be fans if you give yourself a aneurysm every time they lose a game?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:49 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
iWonTheCup87 wrote:

Not everyone is making this out to be the end of the world.I for one am just disappointed of the lack of playing 60 minutes.Wait all this time to see hockey you expect a 60 minute effort.Sorry if that puts people off.
Last edited by 71Aj66ax87 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby The U on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:49 pm

I enjoyed the game. I'm disappointed that they lost. I look into my crystal ball and see that this current lineup playing this style will not go deep into the playoffs. I then come here to talk about those frustrations. I wasn't aware that it was too early for that.

We're making the playoffs. Every observation and comment is with an eye on making a deep playoff run. I couldnt care less what our record in January is. I care about the trends, the style, etc....
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby The U on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:50 pm

That was a playoff atmosphere and Crosby led the team in hits. Grinders need to handle their biz.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby BurghThing on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:50 pm

Mr. Colby wrote:
Bioshock wrote:Jets deserved to win this game. They did the same thing Montreal did a couple of years ago. They just collapsed around Pavelec and turned the sloppy play of the Pens against them.

Bingo.

Teams that do this to us beat us. We need to adjust

Adjust?! You're funny!
BurghThing
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:51 pm

shmenguin wrote:we were supposed to "enjoy" how that game panned out. ooooook? i'm sure the 18,000 people at the toronto game were walking out of the arena whistling show tunes. sports aren't always supposed to be fun. you get happy when your team wins and sad when they lose. the degrees of which are debatable. but if you enjoy losses, you are in the vast minority.

I'm not saying I enjoy losses. I enjoy HOCKEY.

I'm sorry I'm in the minority of not having a full-out meltdown aneurysm after every loss. I don't understand how the majority of you guys continue to watch games if you act this way every time something goes wrong (hell, I don't even know how some of you are still alive. Your BP's have to be through the roof).
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DelPen on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:51 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
DelPen wrote:Hardly. No one here has had an abnormal reaction to this loss. It was ugly. And players sucked. And most of us see that and don't like it. But no ones lining up to burn their jerseys. Why be fans if you don't expect the best from your team and see them win?

Not sure what you think an aneurysm is but no one is even close to having a case if indigestion over this game.

Why is it so hard to accept that people can say the team played like garbage tonight and last game and specify why?
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pressure=9Pa on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:51 pm

Metalmike wrote:Does anyone think that Bylsma does anything to change losses like this? Nope. He just hopes for the Pens to get a fluke goal on another teams mistake and then he keeps his job. After 3 years in a row having embarrasing playoff loses to Montreal, Tampa Bay and The Flyers we as fans are expected to calm down and let the Pens "Play their game" under this non emotional former 3rd line Ducks player who thinks HE won a Cup in 2009 when it was clearly MT.
The Pens are way too Soff under DB and it shows game after game for years now.

Metal Mike, Canada's #1 Penguins Fan.

Eh, I understand the frustration but I think we have revised history of 2 of the last 3 playoffs. The loss to Montreal sucked, but we were not terrible, just taken out by the return of clutch and grab hockey. Another bounce goes our way and we're in the Eastern Conference Finals. The loss to Tampa was completely forgivable based on not having Crosby, Malkin, or Cooke. Again, one bounce from winning that series, and we went into the series as underdogs even though we had home ice. The loss to the Flyers? Well, you got me there. That was a complete embarrassment no matter how it is viewed.

Now, are the Pens too soft right now? Absolutely. Are we tough to play against? No way. Am I frustrated? Of course. However, I'd argue with you when you say it shows "game after game for years now". Bylsma might be collected and err too much on being a players' coach, but he's not blind.
Will he try to shake things up? Sure. Will they work? I have no idea. Has he earned the chance? Absolutely.
pressure=9Pa
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby jimreb on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:51 pm

MRandall25 wrote:

It's a problem for me, I know....but it's been a problem for 35 years and I have a feeling it will be a lifelong problem :D
jimreb
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Pitts on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:51 pm

You can't possibly win every game and Winnipeg played a very good game. Again, they are only 4 game in and are 2-2. Some players have quite a bit of rust on them. I'm pretty certain this team, with the talent they have will be just fine. Sunday, when they beat Ottawa, we can all breathe again.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DelPen on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:52 pm

71Aj66ax87 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
iWonTheCup87 wrote:

Not everyone is making this out to be the end of the world.I for one am just disappointed of the lack of playing 60 minutes.Wait all this time to see hockey you expect a 60 minute effort.Sorry if that puts people off.

No one is making it out like that
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:52 pm

DelPen wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:

Not sure what you think an aneurysm is but no one is even close to having a case if indigestion over this game.

Why is it so hard to accept that people can say the team played like garbage tonight and last game and specify why?

Looks like you're the one who doesn't know what an aneurysm is...
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DelPen on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:53 pm

Pitts wrote:

You can't possibly win every game and Winnipeg played a very good game. Again, they are only 4 game in and are 2-2. Some players have quite a bit of rust on them. I'm pretty certain this team, with the talent they have will be just fine. Sunday, when they beat Ottawa, we can all breathe again.

Stop with the cant win every game garbage. Really? No one is saying that. But the way they lost should concern everyone who is a fan of this team.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pressure=9Pa on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:53 pm

The U wrote:That was a playoff atmosphere and Crosby led the team in hits. Grinders need to handle their biz.

We have grinders?
pressure=9Pa
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby farnham16 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:54 pm

pressure=9Pa wrote:
Metalmike wrote:Does anyone think that Bylsma does anything to change losses like this? Nope. He just hopes for the Pens to get a fluke goal on another teams mistake and then he keeps his job. After 3 years in a row having embarrasing playoff loses to Montreal, Tampa Bay and The Flyers we as fans are expected to calm down and let the Pens "Play their game" under this non emotional former 3rd line Ducks player who thinks HE won a Cup in 2009 when it was clearly MT.
The Pens are way too Soff under DB and it shows game after game for years now.

Metal Mike, Canada's #1 Penguins Fan.

Eh, I understand the frustration but I think we have revised history of 2 of the last 3 playoffs. The loss to Montreal sucked, but we were not terrible, just taken out by the return of clutch and grab hockey. Another bounce goes our way and we're in the Eastern Conference Finals. The loss to Tampa was completely forgivable based on not having Crosby, Malkin, or Cooke. Again, one bounce from winning that series, and we went into the series as underdogs even though we had home ice. The loss to the Flyers? Well, you got me there. That was a complete embarrassment no matter how it is viewed.

Now, are the Pens too soft right now? Absolutely. Are we tough to play against? No way. Am I frustrated? Of course. However, I'd argue with you when you say it shows "game after game for years now". Bylsma might be collected and err too much on being a players' coach, but he's not blind.
Will he try to shake things up? Sure. Will they work? I have no idea. Has he earned the chance? Absolutely.

The playoff loss to Tampa is not forgivable at all. I don't care that they didn't have Sid or Geno. They were up 3-1 in that series and had 2 home games to close it out and they didn't. That was a meltdown.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DelPen on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:54 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
Looks like you're the one who doesn't know what an aneurysm is...

Anyone who needs to be rushed to the hospital tonight because they gave themselves a serious medical condition please check in when you are released from the ICU.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Mr. Colby on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:55 pm

Not sure who's more annoying... the bridge jumpers or the "can't-win-em-all"ers
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins