OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. JETS 1/25/13

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. JETS 1/25/13

Postby Grunthy on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:03 am

On the bright side I started Evander Kane and Dustin Byfuglien on fantasy! :thumb:
Grunthy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby RxBandit66 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:03 am

It's been a fequent occurance under Bylsma where the team gets off to a 2-0 lead after one period and ends up losing ugly. The man clearly has no idea how to adjust during a game, and he gets outcoached nearly every game.

THis is a team full of veterans, many of whom have won the Cup. These mindless turnovers reflect a lack of focus and discipline, and nothing more. It is not acceptable for a team this good to repeatedly lose in this manner. And this isn't a reaction to losing two games to two very beatable teams. I've been a Bylsma critic for years. Nothing ever changes, and nobody on his staff is held accountable. How he kept his job after that Philly meltdown is beyond me. But he did, and this looks like the same result for sure.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Mr. Colby on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:05 am

I think the DB lack of adjustment kills us and will eventually kill his job
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby pressure=9Pa on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:06 am

The U wrote:
Grunthy wrote:
Mr. Colby wrote:Also, I'd like to discuss my disgust with the complete invisibility of a few players in 5 on 5 situations, namely Cooke, Sutter, Adams

to be fair adams really is never visible in 5 on 5 anymore.

He shouldn't dress every night. Almost anybody can block a few shots on the PK. Nobody in the entire system can supplant him? That's worrisome.

Agreed. Good locker room guy and a pro that will be ready when you need him, but he's not adding a lot of valuable minutes right now.
pressure=9Pa
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:07 am

RxBandit66 wrote:It's been a fequent occurance under Bylsma where the team gets off to a 2-0 lead after one period and ends up losing ugly. The man clearly has no idea how to adjust during a game, and he gets outcoached nearly every game.

THis is a team full of veterans, many of whom have won the Cup. These mindless turnovers reflect a lack of focus and discipline, and nothing more. It is not acceptable for a team this good to repeatedly lose in this manner. And this isn't a reaction to losing two games to two very beatable teams. I've been a Bylsma critic for years. Nothing ever changes, and nobody on his staff is held accountable. How he kept his job after that Philly meltdown is beyond me. But he did, and this looks like the same result for sure.

:thumb:
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Mr. Colby on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:07 am

I thought Tangradi was fine tonight and didn't hurt the 4th line
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby The U on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:08 am

Start the season 2-0 and then screw with every single line except for line 1 because Tangradi needs to be bounced. That's so crazy. Instead of swapping him out we need a wholesale depth chart adjustment?
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby BurghThing on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:09 am

Mr. Colby wrote:I thought Tangradi was fine tonight and didn't hurt the 4th line

No, he just hurt the other three lines.
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Grunthy on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:09 am

I'll say this, we are 2-0 with tangradi playing on the second line the whole game... :pop:
Grunthy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby farnham16 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:10 am

RxBandit66 wrote:It's been a fequent occurance under Bylsma where the team gets off to a 2-0 lead after one period and ends up losing ugly. The man clearly has no idea how to adjust during a game, and he gets outcoached nearly every game.

Great post. Agree with everything.

I think we can almost say Blysma's system is going to produce a high number of turnovers against. Seems like far too often guys have nowhere to go with the puck and are forced to make a bad play with the puck. I have a hard time believing NHL players would be turning the puck over this consistently if it was just their own problem.

And its great that the Pens come out fast and play well to start games, but that means nothing if you can't play well in the other periods as well. Its a huge problem.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Mr. Colby on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:10 am

pressure=9Pa wrote:
The U wrote:
Grunthy wrote:
Mr. Colby wrote:Also, I'd like to discuss my disgust with the complete invisibility of a few players in 5 on 5 situations, namely Cooke, Sutter, Adams

He shouldn't dress every night. Almost anybody can block a few shots on the PK. Nobody in the entire system can supplant him? That's worrisome.

Agreed. Good locker room guy and a pro that will be ready when you need him, but he's not adding a lot of valuable minutes right now.

There are plenty of other PKers on the team where we are fine scratching him... only thing is there's no one else to put in.

Although I think Jeffrey is getting shafted. I'd like to see him come play RW with Cooke and Sutter and scratch either Tangradi or Adams.

You got Duper, Cooke, Sutter, Glass, Jeffrey that can kill
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby The U on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:10 am

Mr. Colby wrote:I thought Tangradi was fine tonight and didn't hurt the 4th line

He was fine, but I don't like DB changing the whole roster to move him from 2 to 4.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Mr. Colby on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:11 am

BurghThing wrote:

How, he wasn't on them

He's not good enough for line 2. Not his fault - it's the GM's for not finding someone who is
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Grunthy on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:12 am

Mr. Colby wrote:
BurghThing wrote:

How, he wasn't on them

He's not good enough for line 2. Not his fault - it's the GM's for not finding someone who is

I think Beau will be a good fit on that line.
Grunthy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby farnham16 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:13 am

The U wrote:

He was fine, but I don't like DB changing the whole roster to move him from 2 to 4.

If Tangradi isn't benched soon then its going to be because either Bylsma or Shero loves him. Going by these first four games, the team made a huge mistake by choosing him over Bennett or someone outside the organization.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Mr. Colby on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:14 am

I would have rather seen Jeffrey there tonight as opposed to shuffling the whole depth chart to put TK there. We need TK on that 3rd line bigtime. Without him, there's not much of a scoring threat.
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby The U on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:14 am

Mr. Colby wrote:
pressure=9Pa wrote:
The U wrote:
Grunthy wrote:

There are plenty of other PKers on the team where we are fine scratching him... only thing is there's no one else to put in.

Although I think Jeffrey is getting shafted. I'd like to see him come play RW with Cooke and Sutter and scratch either Tangradi or Adams.

You got Duper, Cooke, Sutter, Glass, Jeffrey that can kill

Shero has 10 million at his disposal. Those guys can be had. I like the Glass addition. Would like to upgrade Adams spot before playoffs. If he's a complete non-factor five on five he's as valuable as McIntyre.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby columbia on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:15 am

columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby The U on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:22 am

Speaking of soff.....these trends bother me:

No toughness, crease clearing, or D. Good first pass trumps all. Every dman in the entire organization with the exception of 2 or 3 of them are puck movers not butt kickers.

Every grinder is under 6 feet. No power or size.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby BurghThing on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:22 am

Sid led the team in hits and goals, and turnovers last game. I expect him to lead in blocked shots and saves next game.
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Mr. Colby on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:23 am

columbia wrote:Image

Each day he gets more and more credit for the 09 cup
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby slappybrown on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:25 am

iWonTheCup87 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:It really does amaze me none of you guys can just enjoy watching the Pens play hockey.

how is watching the pens lose enjoyable?

I like watching hockey, particularly ten minutes of end to end action uninterrupted by whistles. This isn't the playoffs; it's game 4 of 48. I'm simply not going to get agitated to the point you are at this stage.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby farnham16 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:30 am

Mr. Colby wrote:
columbia wrote:Image

Each day he gets more and more credit for the 09 cup

I'd put it at about 25% DB, 75% MT.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby dagny on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:42 am

Mr. Colby wrote:Not sure who's more annoying... the bridge jumpers or the "can't-win-em-all"ers

Both.
Because neither side seems to want to stop bickering about whether they are or aren't... those things you called them. :lol:
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Froggy on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:48 am

it's 4 games in after a long off season and no training camp. who knows how good anyone is right now?
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins