Fire DB

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Fire DB

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:39 am

NMC/NTC are really just a formality, not prevention.

If players want to go, they go. If teams want to trade a player, they find a way to move them. All those clauses do is create a situation to where the team and player make sure the deal is acceptable to both parties.
Hugo Stiglitz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pcm on Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:43 am

Letang > Blysma.
You change the coach before you trade Letang.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shmenguin on Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:44 am

Idoit40fans wrote:I wonder how many players would re-sign before going UFA if the Penguins traded Letang. Or how many big names would come in without full NMCs.

i dont think it matters. everyone's still in love with signing with philly.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pcm on Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:53 am

Who doesn't love to be the recipient of a bad contract?

Shero doesn't give out bad contracts, so the trade-off is, you get treated with respect.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby SolidSnake on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:15 pm

I'm not even sure DB is the problem anymore, this team has no mental toughness, they fall apart at the drop of a hat. Some players may never get past that. That comes down to the guy who brought them here, (Shero) he constructed this team.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:19 pm

i think, given our lack of depth and our injury issues, this team is exactly where it should be in the standings. so i can't really say bylsma is doing a bad job this year. i'm not sure where these high expectations are coming from.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby RxBandit66 on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:24 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:I wonder how many players would re-sign before going UFA if the Penguins traded Letang. Or how many big names would come in without full NMCs.

This is a big issue, and a good point. The coach has to go before the player does, unless Letang completely plays his way out of town or says he wants out.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:32 pm

shmenguin wrote:i think, given our lack of depth and our injury issues, this team is exactly where it should be in the standings. so i can't really say bylsma is doing a bad job this year. i'm not sure where these high expectations are coming from.

Also add in working out the kinks with new system adjustments/system implementations brought in by Martin.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby murphydump55 on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:19 pm

SolidSnake wrote:I'm not even sure DB is the problem anymore, this team has no mental toughness, they fall apart at the drop of a hat. Some players may never get past that. That comes down to the guy who brought them here, (Shero) he constructed this team.

Coaches can instill mental toughness. DB holds nobody accountable. Players like Neal, Crosby, Malkin, Letang all have hissy fits against teams that play them tough and have breakdowns. What does DB do? Nothing, he puts them right back out there. If you take a stupid penalty that hurts the team, over and over, then you should sit. These guys want to play, they don't want to sit. Cut their icetime and they'll prepare themselves better and make sure that they don't do stupid things, as to cut their icetime.

It starts with a coach that preaches responsibility and accountability. We don't have that.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby BitterClinger on Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:43 am

Agree with murphy, coaches need to coach not be the players best friend or shoulder to cry on when things aren't going their way. All of our star players are slumping at the same time, coincidence? Probably not... if not then what is the constant underlying theme here? The coaching and the system he brings. Would like to see the players we have with a coach that actually utitizes the stars we have to their full potential. Would hate to see a big name traded and made scapegoat for DB.
BitterClinger

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:25 am

Goig from player coach to disciplinary coach and back is not a new thing. Unless you find someone that can balance the two sides, you cant just reject that cycle.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby IntangibleBeer on Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:42 am

murphydump55 wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:I'm not even sure DB is the problem anymore, this team has no mental toughness, they fall apart at the drop of a hat. Some players may never get past that. That comes down to the guy who brought them here, (Shero) he constructed this team.

Coaches can instill mental toughness. DB holds nobody accountable. Players like Neal, Crosby, Malkin, Letang all have hissy fits against teams that play them tough and have breakdowns. What does DB do? Nothing, he puts them right back out there. If you take a stupid penalty that hurts the team, over and over, then you should sit. These guys want to play, they don't want to sit. Cut their icetime and they'll prepare themselves better and make sure that they don't do stupid things, as to cut their icetime.

It starts with a coach that preaches responsibility and accountability. We don't have that.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
IntangibleBeer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:47 pm

murphydump55 wrote:

This is what I've been screaming about this season. They need the AO treatment...look what it did for him.
Hugo Stiglitz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pensfan1989 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:52 pm

No matter what the issue is, be it mentally weak players, poor coaching, or something else, it's clear that something is not right with this team. The coach's job is to fix that, and if he can't, then it is time to go in a different direction. That may not be fair to the coach, but that's the way it is in every sport. They need a shakeup of some kind, but I know that probably won't happen.
pensfan1989
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby iceolater on Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:29 pm

DB is part of the problem, but Shero needs to get rid of both Orpik and Letang. This defense is soft, and these 2 continue to do bone head plays that lead to goals. Unless we improve our defense to get tougher, this team is not going anywhere. Also, the announcers keep talking about the injuries..etc. QUIT making excuses! Letang's give aways have nothing to do with Glass, Bennett, Martin..etc being hurt and us loosing!

Orpik USED to be feared and patient with the puck, moved it out but he is out of position, wont clear anyone and only hits those already out of position or smaller then him. Shero..PLEASE make a trade or else we are out in round 1 maybe 2 of the playoffs with this team as it is.
iceolater
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby bhaw on Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:33 pm

Don't bother for 4-6 weeks. Db has a built in excuse until then. No way we should reasonably expect this team to perform when there are injuries.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Beveridge on Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:28 pm

Practice on Thanksgiving.

What a jerk!

Fire Bylsma
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby SolidSnake on Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:41 pm

I applaud Bylsma for this move
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:49 pm

SolidSnake wrote:I applaud Bylsma for this move

SlowGolfClap dot Gif
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby sil on Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:54 pm

iceolater wrote:...and (Orpik) only hits those already out of position or smaller then him.

sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Great58 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:23 am

bhaw wrote:Don't bother for 4-6 weeks. Db has a built in excuse until then. No way we should reasonably expect this team to perform when there are injuries.

Yup, this team has never performed during times of injury to key personnel.

Fire Bylsma.
Great58
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:24 am

I am glad every time this thread is bumped, even if its just from the 4th thread to the first.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Great58 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:24 am

Hugo Stiglitz wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:

This is what I've been screaming about this season. They need the AO treatment...look what it did for him.

A first round playoff loss, to the Rangers?
Great58
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby bhaw on Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:14 am

Great58 wrote:
bhaw wrote:Don't bother for 4-6 weeks. Db has a built in excuse until then. No way we should reasonably expect this team to perform when there are injuries.

Yup, this team has never performed during times of injury to key personnel.

Fire Bylsma.

Perhaps you misunderstood... again...
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby bhaw on Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:21 am

actually, I will add to that response because in an attempt to prove me wrong you have helped prove the point. This team has absolutely performed during times of injury. Extremely well. However, when they start failing, it has also been the mantra of the Bylsmapologists to point out every little injury as if no other coach has to deal with them. The team is making dumb, repeated mistakes... for years now. The injuries will just be an excuse for why the team is making those mistakes as if they weren't making them when Paul Martin was in the lineup. They will just be amplified because you don't have a guy like Martin to help cover them up.

The transition game will be interesting since Martin is one of the better passers we have. It was already a little scary to begin with.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins