Fire DB

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: fire db

Postby The Snapshot on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:51 am

A point out of first in the East and this thread is still being discussed and defended. Dopes. I can't even sift through the nonsense to get to the few shreds of insight.

You all hate DB. Noted, but your showing a lack of sense.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby MRandall25 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:52 am

So, if the Pens won the Tampa series, but got swept the next series, would you have blamed injuries then?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bhaw on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:55 am

The Snapshot wrote:A point out of first in the East and this thread is still being discussed and defended. Dopes. I can't even sift through the nonsense to get to the few shreds of insight.

This is the equivalent of saying the PP if fixed b/c they scored 2 PP goals today.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby The Snapshot on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:00 am

bhaw wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:A point out of first in the East and this thread is still being discussed and defended. Dopes. I can't even sift through the nonsense to get to the few shreds of insight.

This is the equivalent of saying the PP if fixed b/c they scored 2 PP goals today.

No the continued posts are the equivalent of saying that Bylsma should be fired. That is lunacy, just as this thread has been since it was started after 5 games. Patently clueless stuff.

Every team has things to work on. Coaches of the 2nd place team in the conference, and the leader of the reputed toughest division in Hockey are not on the block - nor is that coach when he's had 5 games and no camp. That is Islander stupidity. Perhaps all of you should become Jack Capuano fans.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby bhaw on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:07 am

The Snapshot wrote:
bhaw wrote:

No the continued posts are the equivalent of saying that Bylsma should be fired. That is lunacy, just as this thread has been since it was started after 5 games. Patently clueless stuff.

Every team has things to work on. Coaches of the 2nd place team in the conference, and the leader of the reputed toughest division in Hockey are not on the block - nor is that coach when he's had 5 games and no camp. That is Islander stupidity. Perhaps all of you should become Jack Capuano fans.

So another great regular season absolves post season failures? As long as he leads us to another top 5 finish in the East, it's totally cool if he coaches us to another historically bad playoff performance? That's Washington Capitals stupidity.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Nizzy on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:09 am

Bylsma completely fell apart vs the Flyers. That is simply not NHL level. I'm surprised the team turned it around in these 3 games. I think its because of him using the young defenseman. I still would like to see a new coach because I believe HCDB is very inexperienced still. I'm agreeing with the logic that in the short season that him getting fired probably won't happen. I just don't want to waste another year, another failure, for him to get fired. I'm not saying Bylsma isn't NHL worthy, I just think he is extremely overrated as a pro coach at this point in time. He walked into the best situation for him in so many aspects. You can argue HCMT still did more for this Pens organization to get him back up to the top level than Bylsma has done. I'm not making this MT vs DB, but I would just really like to see what a different, more experienced, HC could do with these guys.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby The Snapshot on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:10 am

bhaw wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:
bhaw wrote:

So another great regular season absolves post season failures? As long as he leads us to another top 5 finish in the East, it's totally cool if he coaches us to another historically bad playoff performance? That's Washington Capitals stupidity.

No it doesn't. The thread was started an continued by genius thinkers who wanted him fired 5 games in. Is that the thread you are responding to after three straight wins? That is Islander stupidity. Get to Bowsers how to fix the PP thread or start a new one then. This one should be ended.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby The Snapshot on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:11 am

Nizzy wrote:Bylsma completely fell apart vs the Flyers. That is simply not NHL level. I'm surprised the team turned it around in these 3 games. I think its because of him using the young defenseman. I still would like to see a new coach because I believe HCDB is very inexperienced still. I'm agreeing with the logic that in the short season that him getting fired probably won't happen. I just don't want to waste another year, another failure, for him to get fired. I'm not saying Bylsma isn't NHL worthy, I just think he is extremely overrated as a pro coach at this point in time. He walked into the best situation for him in so many aspects. You can argue HCMT still did more for this Pens organization to get him back up to the top level than Bylsma has done. I'm not making this MT vs DB, but I would just really like to see what a different, more experienced, HC could do with these guys.

You are home. :fist:
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby bhaw on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:12 am

The Snapshot wrote:
bhaw wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:
bhaw wrote:

No it doesn't. The thread was started an continued by genius thinkers who wanted him fired 5 games in. Is that the thread you are responding to after three straight wins? That is Islander stupidity. Get to Bowsers how to fix the PP thread or start a new one then. This one should be ended.

So we should start another thread every time they go on a losing or winning streak? :lol:
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby columbia on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:14 am

bhaw wrote:So we should start another thread every time they go on a losing or winning streak? :lol:

You say that in jest, but this thread will be in full bloom, the next time the Pens lose two in a row.
Maybe after one ia row.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby bhaw on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:18 am

columbia wrote:
bhaw wrote:So we should start another thread every time they go on a losing or winning streak? :lol:

You say that in jest, but this thread will be in full bloom, the next time the Pens lose two in a row.

Of course it will. That's how this place goes. You sift through the bi-polar stuff to find the good nuggets of info (mmm... nuggets). My stance on DB has been the same for a while now. Streaks be damned, you can't hide your true colors.

1. Start making adjustments vs teams that figure you out
2. Start developing young players
3. Figure out the god awful PP

If he can do those things, I'll change my tune. Until then, he has enough talent to look good until the cards are down and coaches game plan against him in the playoffs.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:24 am

bhaw wrote:
columbia wrote:

Of course it will. That's how this place goes. You sift through the bi-polar stuff to find the good nuggets of info (mmm... nuggets). My stance on DB has been the same for a while now. Streaks be damned, you can't hide your true colors.

1. Start making adjustments vs teams that figure you out
2. Start developing young players
3. Figure out the god awful PP

If he can do those things, I'll change my tune. Until then, he has enough talent to look good until the cards are down and coaches game plan against him in the playoffs.

That's how I feel, I don't "hate" DB. I got better things to do then dislike somoene who is on my favorite team ever
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby The Snapshot on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:24 am

I mean, I get that some people believe he has a lot to prove, but I also happen to believe that same thing about Fleury, Malkin, Crosby and Letang. They all got their Cup at the same time, and they all fell to pieces against Montreal and Philly in the same seasons Bylsma failed. To me, the most suspect of all is Fleury and I've never seen a coach stop a puck from the bench.

If you start the season with Bylsma, firing him after that is desperate and you can't be desperate after 5 games. You can't be desperate after 10 games. MAYBE if you are still outside looking in after 20 games you make a move. I am 100% on board with Bylsma needing to at least get Conference Final deep or he has to go.

I believe I am consistently one of the voices of reason here, but what do I know.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:25 am

The Snapshot wrote:
bhaw wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:
bhaw wrote:

Well, I think that's patently false. Most people like I feel you are doing now look at everyone's opinions in a vacuum of 3 wins or .500 start and so forth and it somehow makes everyone sarcastic geniuses or whatever.

Problem is most of the opinions about wanting him fired are based on a lot more than a 3-3 start or backing off because of a win streak. Most are based on a guy who 3 years in a row has not been all that great of a coach, period.

Of course, you play a couple of ok games and 3 awful games to start a season, after a historical bad playoff series and two other series where you did nothing special, and people are going to be frustrated especially when the team made the mistakes and lack of adjusting that the Pens did.

In the NHL and to some extent the nba coaches and teams issues get magnified in a 7 game series. In football you have one game, in MLB you have too much individalism. That's why you see what happened in the Flyers series. The only reason it wasn't more awful was because of the Pens natural talent, but a coach getting out coached that bad and then have a bad 6 games to start a season all the criticism is warranted.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby bhaw on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:26 am

Maybe you take the fire part too seriously? I don't think anyone in the last several pages has said to fire him now. And if they have, I've ignored them. I'm still fine discussing his performance and issues while not holding a noose and a pitchfork.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby The Snapshot on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:37 am

bhaw wrote:Maybe you take the fire part too seriously? I don't think anyone in the last several pages has said to fire him now. And if they have, I've ignored them. I'm still fine discussing his performance and issues while not holding a noose and a pitchfork.

Look right above you ^^^^^.

Mostly I guess I need to once again step away from this board. The summer and a lockout let me forget that it kinda stinks here now. So many years.....
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:48 am

bhaw wrote:Maybe you take the fire part too seriously? I don't think anyone in the last several pages has said to fire him now. And if they have, I've ignored them. I'm still fine discussing his performance and issues while not holding a noose and a pitchfork.

Well the title of the thread is fire db, haha. but I agree despite what was said in his post above, I simply said there is a reason why people would want him fired that goes beyond a slow start. He is making it out like there is a wirtch hunt for no reason and pointing to my post as if i was calling for him to be fired, even though I just explaining the premise.

I think anyone pointing out that people calling for him to be fired and thinking it is entirely based on the start of this season are missing the main point completely. It's not like this is new to this year. An awful playoff followed up by a slow start where they played god awful in some of the games.......wow people are morons for questioning him a coach? I don't see it.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:54 am

The Snapshot wrote:

Mostly I guess I need to once again step away from this board. The summer and a lockout let me forget that it kinda stinks here now. So many years.....

Did you even read my post or are you so wrapped up in your theory you just look for key words?
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Godric on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:13 am

BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:

Did you even read my post or are you so wrapped up in your theory you just look for key words?

Don't mind snapper he is trolling and off his meds
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby Great58 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:48 am

3 years in a row has not been all that great of a coach, period.

The Jack Adams Award is awarded annually to the National Hockey League coach "adjudged to have contributed the most to his team's success."

2010-2011 winner:
Spoiler:
Dan Bylsma
Great58
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby slappybrown on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:16 am

Lol@ "dopes"
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:28 am

Great58 wrote:
3 years in a row has not been all that great of a coach, period.

The Jack Adams Award is awarded annually to the National Hockey League coach "adjudged to have contributed the most to his team's success."

2010-2011 winner:
Spoiler:
Dan Bylsma

And I stand by that overall in the past 3 years he has not been all that great of a coach. Not sure why that is so hard to understand.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby penny lane on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:32 am

I've seen quotes from adam oates; he refers to "Disco" ... :o I guess that really was his nickname.
Disco and Oates were linemates with the ducks. They knew they were destined to be coaches.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: fire db - Maybe not

Postby columbia on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:15 pm

~ reposted :P

penny lane wrote:GMRS has already been proactive~ in the PG , sunday, quoted "no, no, no!" to coach dan leaving.
It is telling, though, that a survey of some veteran leaders,(Brooks) who were offered anonymity in exchange for complete candor, largely absolved Bylsma of culpability for the team's up-and-down showing in January.
Their bottom line: Any major problems stemmed from sloppy work by the players.
It also is noteworthy that general manager Ray Shero had a succinct response when asked if considering a coaching change had even made it onto his radar during the Penguins' staggering start:
"No. No. No. No."
It likely is safe to take that as a "No."

One of Shero's greatest strengths is that he does not act in haste, and, even if he had been contemplating a major move to kick-start his team -- be it a trade to add a top-six winger or a top-pairing defenseman or a coaching change -- precedent says he would not do anything until convinced that the option he had settled on was the best available.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/spo ... z2JyGgmNC1
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: fire db - Maybe not

Postby SolidSnake on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:24 pm

Byslma will be here for life.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins