Should Pens get a RFA defenseman?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Should Pens get a RFA defenseman?

Postby shmenguin on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:54 pm

Goligoski had sick +\- numbers and some other good (albeit misleading) stats. Shero sold him at an artificial high point.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:58 pm

I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that Goligoski was leading Pens d-men in scoring the year he was traded, or at least in goals.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Bioshock on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:15 pm

MRandall25 wrote:I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that Goligoski was leading Pens d-men in scoring the year he was traded, or at least in goals.

Not sure. I think he had like 9 goals to that point or something. Also was a plus 20.

He's turned into a fine defenseman. Glad we got Niskanen and Neal in return.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby JS© on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:01 pm

Rylan wrote:Subban is too expensive. Plus it would take more than a player and pick to get him.

JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby brwi on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:49 pm

brwi wrote:If MTL wins 2-3 more in a row, I think you'll see Subban suddenly coming to terms with the Habs and I also don't think in any way they are going to move him regardless.

Maybe I should have said "if MTL wins one more in a row" :lol:
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby penmyst on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:42 am

If the Pens pick up ANY D, it's going to be some guy they don't have to pay much to get. It's not going to be some scintillating grab that will get our tails wagging.

What's the point of having all this "stock" in D in your system, if you are going to grab a guy that isn't a one-and-done or short-term jobber?

It's still to early to tell how this D corps is going to play out. We are still getting a handle on whether this team has answered the major questions surrounding them from last year.
penmyst
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Caputi19 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:28 am

Only rfa want is Ryan O'Reilly. Avs leading scorer, wants around 4 million and Avs wont budge. Look for his name to be out soon on the market
Caputi19
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:34 am

Caputi19 wrote:Only rfa want is Ryan O'Reilly. Avs leading scorer, wants around 4 million and Avs wont budge. Look for his name to be out soon on the market

Landeskog is showing concussion symptoms (and other injuries), so the Avs are probably going to pay up.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby shmenguin on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:35 am

Caputi19 wrote:Only rfa want is Ryan O'Reilly. Avs leading scorer, wants around 4 million and Avs wont budge. Look for his name to be out soon on the market

4 mill for an 18-goal scorer...hmmm. well brandon prust was paid about a million dollars per goal in the offseason, so i guess it's not the worst thing i've ever heard
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Caputi19 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:46 am

shmenguin wrote:

4 mill for an 18-goal scorer...hmmm. well brandon prust was paid about a million dollars per goal in the offseason, so i guess it's not the worst thing i've ever heard

O'Reilly lead team in scoring was huge part of landeskog line with downie. Not to mention hes one of the best defensive forwards in the league
Caputi19
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby shmenguin on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:55 am

Caputi19 wrote:
shmenguin wrote:

O'Reilly lead team in scoring was huge part of landeskog line with downie. Not to mention hes one of the best defensive forwards in the league

his even strength scoring was virtually identical to downie. maybe he's the king of intangibles, but we aren't in a position to pay a guy that kind of money for that kind of production.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby meow on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:14 am

shmenguin wrote:
Caputi19 wrote:
shmenguin wrote:

his even strength scoring was virtually identical to downie. maybe he's the king of intangibles, but we aren't in a position to pay a guy that kind of money for that kind of production.

I'd pay O'Reilly $4mil a year if he wasn't a center. Dude is a beast.
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins