Does anyone know if the big guys ever says anything

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Does anyone know if the big guys ever says anything

Postby MarioLives on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:33 pm

I know it is a hard question to answer since none of us are in the locker room. But does anyone know if Mario every adresses the team when they go through these types of situations? I ask because as much as I love Mario, he was never known to be the hardest worker and pretty much got rid of coaches throughout his career. I am just curious if he has changed at all being an owner?
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Does anyone know if the big guys ever says anything

Postby newarenanow on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:35 pm

My guess is that he leaves it up to the coaches and the players. As he should IMO.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby thepittman on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:56 pm

Well he did have a closed door meeting once...
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby DesertPenguin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:42 pm

newarenanow wrote:My guess is that he leaves it up to the coaches and the players. As he should IMO.

Mostly this from what I have gathered, but he does insert himself on rare occasion when needed.

Example: the texts he sent to the team following the game 5 blowout loss to Detroit in the SCF in 2009. Many of those players have pointed at that as a huge help to refocus and win 6 and 7.

Here's the thing though: we are not in dire straits right now. We are 3-3, 2 points back in the division. It's not closed door meeting time yet.
DesertPenguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby thepittman on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:12 pm

No preseason looks to be effecting some teams hard and we are one of them. The teams effected are some of the top tier franchises in the league.
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby westside on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:32 pm

DesertPenguin wrote:Here's the thing though: we are not in dire straits right now. We are 3-3, 2 points back in the division. It's not closed door meeting time yet.

Shhhh... don't you know it's total melt down / freak out time? We're 3-3 and not 6-0 with Malkin and Crosby at 20 points each. That means we stink, coach needs to go, star players are not interested, role players are no good, GM does not know what he's doing, and basically we're the worst team in every major sport EVER! Come on, get it together, man!
westside
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby no name on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:52 pm

westside wrote:
DesertPenguin wrote:Here's the thing though: we are not in dire straits right now. We are 3-3, 2 points back in the division. It's not closed door meeting time yet.

Shhhh... don't you know it's total melt down / freak out time? We're 3-3 and not 6-0 with Malkin and Crosby at 20 points each. That means we stink, coach needs to go, star players are not interested, role players are no good, GM does not know what he's doing, and basically we're the worst team in every major sport EVER! Come on, get it together, man!

I got to agree with Westside... DesertPenguin if your gonna come in here and try to sell logic and reason you are not welcomed here. Leave and take your sane reasoning with you!!!! Do you believe some guys??
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby She'sTheFastest on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:10 pm

He says "this team stinks." You can read all about it in the thread above this one.
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins