OFFICIAL GDT: PENS at Rangers, 1/31/13

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENS at Rangers, 1/31/13

Postby mikey287 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:44 pm

malksby8771 wrote:Okay, columbia, fair enough. Small sample size. How's this for you? Top 20 goalies sv% since 2005, Vokoun #2 starter on the list. Where exactly is Fleury, I don't see him?

http://kuklaskorner.com/psh/comments/be ... he-lockout


What does Vokoun's save pct. since 2005 have to do with the Penguins this year? In other words, what the hell are you talking about?
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,854
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENS at Rangers, 1/31/13

Postby columbia on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:45 pm

They played a fundamentally sound game.
I'll take it.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,292
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENS at Rangers, 1/31/13

Postby Rylan on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:46 pm

I'll take a "Good Win" at this point in the season. But I want to walk away from all games saying "Good Game"
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,014
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENS at Rangers, 1/31/13

Postby Rylan on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:46 pm

mikey287 wrote:
malksby8771 wrote:Okay, columbia, fair enough. Small sample size. How's this for you? Top 20 goalies sv% since 2005, Vokoun #2 starter on the list. Where exactly is Fleury, I don't see him?

http://kuklaskorner.com/psh/comments/be ... he-lockout


What does Vokoun's save pct. since 2005 have to do with the Penguins this year? In other words, what the hell are you talking about?


That Fleury sucks
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,014
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENS at Rangers, 1/31/13

Postby malksby8771 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:47 pm

mikey287 wrote:
malksby8771 wrote:Okay, columbia, fair enough. Small sample size. How's this for you? Top 20 goalies sv% since 2005, Vokoun #2 starter on the list. Where exactly is Fleury, I don't see him?

http://kuklaskorner.com/psh/comments/be ... he-lockout


What does Vokoun's save pct. since 2005 have to do with the Penguins this year? In other words, what the hell are you talking about?


If you read my first comment about there being definitely no goalie controversy since Fleury is so clearly our #1 and then the discrediting of the small sample size of my point to justify the view that Vokoun is actually the superior goalie, then you'd know what the hell I'm talking about with this data.
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 823
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:00 pm

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENS at Rangers, 1/31/13

Postby Rylan on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:49 pm

If Vokoun is so godly, why was he a back up last year?
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,014
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENS at Rangers, 1/31/13

Postby malksby8771 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:50 pm

Rylan wrote:If Vokoun is so godly, why was he a back up last year?


How's Washington doing so far this year without Vokoun?
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 823
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:00 pm

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENS at Rangers, 1/31/13

Postby Rylan on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:51 pm

Goaltending hasn't been the problem for them.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,014
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENS at Rangers, 1/31/13

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:52 pm

malksby8771 wrote:
Rylan wrote:If Vokoun is so godly, why was he a back up last year?


How's Washington doing so far this year without Vokoun?


They did well enough in the playoffs with Holtby and Neuvirth. Vokoun nowhere to be found.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,376
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENS at Rangers, 1/31/13

Postby malksby8771 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:54 pm

You guys have valid points but so do I. The fact is, Vokoun has much better career numbers than Fleury and has every right to compete for the #1 spot and I'd suggest close to an even split going forward.
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 823
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:00 pm

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENS at Rangers, 1/31/13

Postby mikey287 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:55 pm

Ok...well...dear Lord that's terrible. I'm going to bed. You're missing a great game, I'll say that much.

If only we had Brian Elliot as our goalie, right?

:lol: Oh God, it's unreal what some people can come up with sometimes...I rarely laugh out loud at message board posts, but this filled by chuckle bucket to the brim...I'd love to keep playing along, but the Pens won, I'm happy, I have work early in the morning...Rylan, it's all yours if you want it (ask him why Vokoun has never won a playoff series if you want to play, but I'd just ignore it...)
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,854
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENS at Rangers, 1/31/13

Postby Godric on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:55 pm

Holy ****, were bashing Vokoun now? What the ****? It's not fair to say both fleury and Vokoun are good and solid?
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENS at Rangers, 1/31/13

Postby Lt. Dish on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:56 pm

NashvilleCat wrote:
PghSkins wrote:Stunnedqvist

He's pining for the fjords.


OK. I just got home and I'm reading through the thread. Sounds like one of the more angst-ridden 3-0 shutouts a team could have.

Stopping to give respek to Python is a must. :D

Thanks, NC!
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,963
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: PDAS: In Good Hands Since 2008. JOIN TODAY!

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENS at Rangers, 1/31/13

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:58 pm

Godric wrote:Holy ****, were bashing Vokoun now? What the ****? It's not fair to say both fleury and Vokoun are good and solid?


No one is bashing Vokoun.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,376
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENS at Rangers, 1/31/13

Postby Rylan on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:58 pm

Godric wrote:Holy ****, were bashing Vokoun now? What the ****? It's not fair to say both fleury and Vokoun are good and solid?


Saying Vokoun is a significantly superior goalie is completely untrue. I am always going to support the goalies but that suggestion is just silly.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,014
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENS at Rangers, 1/31/13

Postby malksby8771 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:59 pm

Am I wrong in suggesting we split starts and give Vokoun a shot? That's all I'm suggesting.
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 823
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:00 pm

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENS at Rangers, 1/31/13

Postby Rylan on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:59 pm

mikey287 wrote:Ok...well...dear Lord that's terrible. I'm going to bed. You're missing a great game, I'll say that much.

If only we had Brian Elliot as our goalie, right?

:lol: Oh God, it's unreal what some people can come up with sometimes...I rarely laugh out loud at message board posts, but this filled by chuckle bucket to the brim...I'd love to keep playing along, but the Pens won, I'm happy, I have work early in the morning...Rylan, it's all yours if you want it (ask him why Vokoun has never won a playoff series if you want to play, but I'd just ignore it...)


I'll deal with it in the morning.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,014
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENS at Rangers, 1/31/13

Postby malksby8771 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:00 am

Rylan wrote:
Godric wrote:Holy ****, were bashing Vokoun now? What the ****? It's not fair to say both fleury and Vokoun are good and solid?


Saying Vokoun is a significantly superior goalie is completely untrue. I am always going to support the goalies but that suggestion is just silly.


That would be completely untrue. Thankfully, I never said that.
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 823
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:00 pm

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENS at Rangers, 1/31/13

Postby Rylan on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:00 am

malksby8771 wrote:Am I wrong in suggesting we split starts and give Vokoun a shot? That's all I'm suggesting.


No. This isn't wrong. Just suggesting that Vokoun is a better goalie than Flower is.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,014
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENS at Rangers, 1/31/13

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:01 am

FreeCandy44 wrote:I just want to point out that......



Is now 2-0 when posted. Juju baby....


Akin to punching in the numbers on "Lost," this is now your one job to prevent the end of the world. :D
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,963
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: PDAS: In Good Hands Since 2008. JOIN TODAY!

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENS at Rangers, 1/31/13

Postby columbia on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:03 am

Voukon will get a nice share of starts this year and I think we can agree that's a good thing. The pens are more stacked than Chesty LaRue in net and I don't think is at all a point of concern.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,292
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENS at Rangers, 1/31/13

Postby Rylan on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:03 am

malksby8771 wrote:
Rylan wrote:
Godric wrote:Holy ****, were bashing Vokoun now? What the ****? It's not fair to say both fleury and Vokoun are good and solid?


Saying Vokoun is a significantly superior goalie is completely untrue. I am always going to support the goalies but that suggestion is just silly.


That would be completely untrue. Thankfully, I never said that.


I apologize for adding the significantly. But he still isn't ssuperior. Current equal? Sure you can argue that. But in the long run Fleury is going to be the person that should be in net if they want a chance for the cul
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,014
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENS at Rangers, 1/31/13

Postby NashvilleCat on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:05 am

Lt. Dish wrote:
NashvilleCat wrote:
PghSkins wrote:Stunnedqvist

He's pining for the fjords.


OK. I just got home and I'm reading through the thread. Sounds like one of the more angst-ridden 3-0 shutouts a team could have.

Stopping to give respek to Python is a must. :D

Thanks, NC!

My pleasure LD! Too bad he's not Norwegian.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,129
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 8:18 pm
Location: 4.5 hours south of Josh Harrison's hometown.

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENS at Rangers, 1/31/13

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:09 am

NashvilleCat wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
NashvilleCat wrote:
PghSkins wrote:Stunnedqvist

He's pining for the fjords.


OK. I just got home and I'm reading through the thread. Sounds like one of the more angst-ridden 3-0 shutouts a team could have.

Stopping to give respek to Python is a must. :D

Thanks, NC!

My pleasure LD! Too bad he's not Norwegian.


Ah, so he's Swedish Blue. Still kippin' on his back and lovely plumage...WAT? :oops:
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,963
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: PDAS: In Good Hands Since 2008. JOIN TODAY!

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENS at Rangers, 1/31/13

Postby Kovy27 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:10 am

Established by this thread:

Crosby sucks.
Vokoun is way better than Fleury. Even though both are 2-1 and Fleury stole a game in Ottawa.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,610
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: longtimefan and 11 guests


e-mail