OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS at Devils, 2/9/13

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS at Devils, 2/9/13

Postby Krom on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:43 pm

DMcGrew wrote:
Krom wrote:People need to stop whining about calls. Just sayin'.

:roll: :face:

Allow me to retort.

The Pens had chances to score more than one goal and didn't. Even with 6 power play opportunities.
Malkin and Neal both wiped out power plays with ill advised penalties of their own. Crosby has more than a few bad passes.
For a long stretch in the 2nd period, NJ dominated puck possession at even strength.
Across the league, boarding calls have been hard to distinguish.
It happens. Move on.
Krom
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby DelPen on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:51 pm

Agree, I think everyone has moved on. Every good team has losses like this a couple times a season. But bright side is there were no bad habits shown an Bylsma didn't panic.

First loss since last March where ineptness wasn't the cause. Don't like losing but this one shouldn't cause too many people to flip out like the other losses this year.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby TheHammer24 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:38 pm

What happened with Orpik? I watched the NJ broadcast, which was absolutely pristine in comparison to Root. They cut from the wide angle exactly ZERO times, outside of PPs when they used the awesome behind-the-goalie cam.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shmenguin on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:21 pm

Don't know if that's sarcasm...the behind the net pp cam is always terrible.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:22 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:What happened with Orpik? I watched the NJ broadcast, which was absolutely pristine in comparison to Root. They cut from the wide angle exactly ZERO times, outside of PPs when they used the awesome behind-the-goalie cam.

Loved the camera work, but the horrifically bad announcing was just overwhelming
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PghSkins on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:28 pm

shmenguin wrote:Don't know if that's sarcasm...the behind the net pp cam is always terrible.

Seconded. Hope Root doesn't consider adding that.
PghSkins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby guiner on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:40 pm

DontToewsMeBro wrote:I thought Martin was okay, at least he can get his shot on net and won't quit playing defense when the other team tries to skate up ice like Letang and Geno.

Its absurd having Martin on the PP, I think they do it out of some defensive fear with Malkin out there, but Daypray is shown some great offensive impact and very little defensive weakness. Simon should be on the first PP period!
guiner
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:55 pm

PghSkins wrote:
shmenguin wrote:Don't know if that's sarcasm...the behind the net pp cam is always terrible.

If its a wide enough shot where you see the entire width of the rink, I can tolerate it, but that wasn't the setup today. You had no idea where the puck was going if it started moving across the ice.

I thought this pointless novelty had been totally phased out. I guess Newark is a bit behind.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby TheHammer24 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:02 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:What happened with Orpik? I watched the NJ broadcast, which was absolutely pristine in comparison to Root. They cut from the wide angle exactly ZERO times, outside of PPs when they used the awesome behind-the-goalie cam.

Loved the camera work, but the horrifically bad announcing was just overwhelming

I couldn't get over how much I enjoyed the camera work.

The announcing was so-so. I didn't mind the play-by-play guy. The color guy was a Bibs-style buffoon, and they both missed a ton of stuff.

I like the behind the net PP camera. I hope Root doesn't do it though because it'll give them another camera to randomly use during tplay.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby littlemoonboot on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:43 am

GreenBlood10 wrote:Here's whats gonna happen. They're gonna go home, get pissed and come out and destroy them tomorrow. Truth
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby stopper40 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:13 am

PghSkins wrote:

I love that view, I think it should be used almost all the time
stopper40
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins