Ryan O'Reilly

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Ryan O'Reilly

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:28 pm

Pitts wrote:I don't have "Insider" access, and don't care to, but this link says O'Reilly is pretty much useless to the Pens:
http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story ... ing/55337/

They need wingers, not centers.

Nothing like stating the obvious, you know?
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pens_CT on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:47 pm

Pitts wrote:I don't have "Insider" access, and don't care to, but this link says O'Reilly is pretty much useless to the Pens:

The next question to ask is whether Sutter could move to LW on Malkin's line with ROR as the third line center?
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Azkar on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:48 pm

pens_CT wrote:

The next question to ask is whether Sutter could move to LW on Malkin's line with ROR as the third line center?

No way, ROR will center Malkin and Neal.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby sil on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:10 pm

I think Malkin, Crosby, Sutter, and O'Reilly can just center each other.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby SolidSnake on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:51 pm

Cal O'Reilly left a bad impression
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:29 pm

IF Malkin is out the rest of the season, and maybe playoffs. Do you consider making a move for O'Reilly?
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pugilist13 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:37 pm

No thanks. I actually feel for the kid a bit. I think he's getting bad advice from those closest to him. Don't want the drama. Doubt if Shero would even want to deal with the stupidity.
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kovy27 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:57 pm

SolidSnake wrote:IF Malkin is out the rest of the season, and maybe playoffs. Do you consider making a move for O'Reilly?

You go out and get Stephen Weiss at that point.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:03 am

Kovy27 wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:IF Malkin is out the rest of the season, and maybe playoffs. Do you consider making a move for O'Reilly?

You go out and get Stephen Weiss at that point.

I definitely would have no complaints with that.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Caputi19 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:27 am

O Reilly can play wing. He played mix in Erie and started with avs on wing. Hes comfortable on wing but better as center. Very defensively responsible. If he doesn't get signed or traded he becomes ufa june 1. I know him personally actually one of the nicest guys you will meet.
Caputi19
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Caputi19 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:29 am

SolidSnake wrote:Cal O'Reilly left a bad impression

Cal has 1/8 talent snook has
Caputi19
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby pcm on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:34 pm

Caputi19 wrote:O Reilly can play wing. He played mix in Erie and started with avs on wing. Hes comfortable on wing but better as center. Very defensively responsible. If he doesn't get signed or traded he becomes ufa june 1. I know him personally actually one of the nicest guys you will meet.

Is this true about becoming a ufa? I thought avs hold his rights indefinitely.

I'm sure he's a nice guy, and I'm also sure the Avs are a stingy organization, but not being able to work out a deal is a huge red flag. Having the right mentality / team play is half of what goes into winning a championship. For a contender, he's not worth the assets.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Caputi19 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:37 pm

When u lead team in scoring and one on the best forwards on the team, basically outplay duchene and there offered him at first less money they what david jones got. He should get contract same or near landeskog and duchene....call it selfish but he hold all cards. Avs have no bargin chips left. Pay him or try to get value or he walks next offseason
Caputi19
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Caputi19 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:39 pm

For any team he can handle top center position or be excellent shutdown center. He was leading league in takeaways going into end of season. He would be asset to any team
Caputi19
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby pcm on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:50 pm

Duchene had an awful year last year coming back from injury, etc. The Avs were pretty terrible all round. Being the best player on that team for 1 season, would be like Dick Tarnstrom asking for $5 million after leading the Pens in scoring a bunch of years ago. Nuts. Not saying he's not a good player, but he doesn't have a case to justify his demands.

And btw, David Jones is making more money than Landeskog and Duchene. But he was a UFA. If O'Reilly wanted to be a part of that team, he'd accept a contract similar to Duchene's. It's a 2nd contract, a "bridge contract" which essentially means that if he keeps up his level of play he will get a big payday. In the professional world, success is all about consistency. But he wants a big payday after 1 good year. He's just a kid who hasn't grown up yet.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shmenguin on Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:10 pm

Can play top center anywhere.
Can't reach 20 goals.

Does not compute
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby sil on Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:14 pm

ROR is about as solid a second line defensive forward as you can find (think Bergeron or a less offensive Mike Richards). Guy had over 100 takeaways last season! If the pens were to add ROR and not have to give up Sutter in the process, we'd probably have one of the most (if not the most) complete forward lineup in the NHL.

Not saying we must do it or anything like that, but the guy is the kind of hockey player that can only make your team better. If it were possible to get him for the right price (which is definitely not what COL is asking for right now)...I'd jump at it.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:58 pm

People need to stop talking about oreilly outplYing duchene. He outplayed a guy that was injured half the season. Hes not on the same level. Lets see him play like he belongs on a top line a little longer than 1 season
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins