Tyler Kennedy

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Tyler Kennedy

Postby columbia on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:59 pm

I'm pretty sure it was determined that Talbot was gone, weeks before they Kennedy.
I don't see what Talbot has to do with the situation.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Godric on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:03 pm

shmenguin wrote:there's such a falsely romantic view of the talbot era around here

I have a theory thats its because Malkin was in Hockey Christ mode and could have played with two high school players and still scored at will
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:07 pm

columbia wrote:I'm pretty sure it was determined that Talbot was gone, weeks before they Kennedy.

As Mikey says, "the grass is always greener..."
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Nizzy on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:38 pm

Tyler Kennedy

Rode Jordan Staal's wing for his entire career. Now he's not even good enough for the NHL. This guy needs to start sitting...
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Nizzy on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:46 pm

Standard.

Kennedy is now safe for another 21 games.

won't score for another 15 more games.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby skerbud on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:50 pm

kennedy is a 1 dimensional play. He is a player that Jordan staal made look good. He is selfish and is not a team player. He has become replaceable for a cheaper 3rd liner. Shero should make this deal. His glory days are done.
skerbud
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Nizzy on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:56 pm

Yeah really. Kennedy sucks so hard for a 600k 4th liner. THEN you talk about him being a consistent 3rd liner, and making 2.0M and its incredible how bad he is. Just get him off the team.

Jeffrey does more than Kennedy. I don't know what it is, but its got to be better than Kennedy.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Nizzy on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:06 am

HE SUCKS.

Come on Mikey, Jesse, I40D, KOVY27, Skullman80, SolidSnake, KG....

WHY should Kennedy still be on this team.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby joopen on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:09 am

Nizzy wrote:HE SUCKS.

No one better to replace him. And no Dustin Jeffrey is not an answer.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:13 am

joopen wrote:

HE'S SEEN THE LIGHT!!!!!

:wink:
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby joopen on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:16 am

MRandall25 wrote:
joopen wrote:

HE'S SEEN THE LIGHT!!!!!

Still think TK is fine for what he is. A 3rd liner. Average 3rd line scoring touch. Does his job in his own zone. Forechecks and cycles. If he were more offensively gifted he would be a 2nd liner.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:17 am

joopen wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
joopen wrote:

HE'S SEEN THE LIGHT!!!!!

Still think TK is fine for what he is. A 3rd liner. Average 3rd line scoring touch. Does his job in his own zone. Forechecks and cycles. If he were more offensively gifted he would be a 2nd liner.

I was talking about the Jeffrey thing haha
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby joopen on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:18 am

Yea... I knew that
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby mikey287 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:18 am

MRandall25 wrote:
columbia wrote:I'm pretty sure it was determined that Talbot was gone, weeks before they Kennedy.

:thumb:

I can't just spend all day fighting off Tyler Kennedy hate from people that don't listen to the last 100 things I've said about him. Just search my posts "Kennedy" or "TK" and mikey287 and see what comes up...if that doesn't answer your question, then ask in a different way...

He's not God's gift to hockey, in your search, you'll probably see that even I said it looks like he can probably be replaced with Vitale next season...I think the problem is, you just don't get why he's not good but if you focus on him all game long looking for all the things he does wrong you can find things to complain about...

If the biggest problem on this team is our ES-only, third line player stuffed onto the wrong side of the rink with a guy that just got here and another guy that hasn't played in the NHL before who gives 100% on every shift then I'd say we're doing just fine...

You just don't like him, fine. I get it, we all get it, based on a non-specific reasoning to your claims, I'm not so sure that you get it, but I'll give you the benefit the doubt 1000x over in this case...does it need to be every post? This is the guy that's holding us back? Hell, a thread titled "Brooks Orpik" with another asinine complaint in it, and the first response or second or whatever, is "What about Tyler Kennedy?"

This is you. Replace "pants" with "Tyler Kennedy"

Yes, we're getting away from the style of play that made Kennedy effective. When you make philosophical changes sometimes the personnel adjust and some get left behind. If we're not gonna cycle anymore, then Kennedy doesn't fit and should be let go at the end of the year. If we are going to be a cycling team (not the odds-on favorite to win), then TK should stay...though again, I wouldn't qualify him because of the dollars involved. I don't think it gets much easier to digest than that...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby The Snapshot on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:24 am

mikey287 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:

I can't just spend all day fighting off Tyler Kennedy hate from people that don't listen to the last 100 things I've said about him. Just search my posts "Kennedy" or "TK" and mikey287 and see what comes up...if that doesn't answer your question, then ask in a different way...

He's not God's gift to hockey, in your search, you'll probably see that even I said it looks like he can probably be replaced with Vitale next season...I think the problem is, you just don't get why he's not good but if you focus on him all game long looking for all the things he does wrong you can find things to complain about...

If the biggest problem on this team is our ES-only, third line player stuffed onto the wrong side of the rink with a guy that just got here and another guy that hasn't played in the NHL before who gives 100% on every shift then I'd say we're doing just fine...

You just don't like him, fine. I get it, we all get it, based on a non-specific reasoning to your claims, I'm not so sure that you get it, but I'll give you the benefit the doubt 1000x over in this case...does it need to be every post? This is the guy that's holding us back? Hell, a thread titled "Brooks Orpik" with another asinine complaint in it, and the first response or second or whatever, is "What about Tyler Kennedy?"

Yes, we're getting away from the style of play that made Kennedy effective. When you make philosophical changes sometimes the personnel adjust and some get left behind. If we're not gonna cycle anymore, then Kennedy doesn't fit and should be let go at the end of the year. If we are going to be a cycling team (not the odds-on favorite to win), then TK should stay...though again, I wouldn't qualify him because of the dollars involved. I don't think it gets much easier to digest than that...

I still like TK.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby murphydump55 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:32 am

The Snapshot wrote:
mikey287 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:

I still like TK.

I do too! Yeah people complain about him shooting, but when we go through times where we're not shooting the puck, you can always expect TK to garner some sort of chance by just shooting from anywhere. A lot of times it gets us out of our mini slump and we start to gain momentum. Granted sometimes it kills the momentum we have too.

I've never had a problem with Kennedy and I too can't believe the amount of hate he receives around here.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Cagsjr724 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:44 am

If it was up to me TK would be waived or in WBS by now. He sucks enough said. My opinion.
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Froggy on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:13 am

Man, the dude even gets railed on after scoring a big goal last night, and playing a pretty good game.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:54 am

I couldn't watch the game last night, but you don't have to focus on Kennedy to see his flaws. They jump out at you even casually watching the game. 3 on 2? Come down the wing, get a half a set on the defender, wind up for 2 seconds and fire...directly into the goalie or directly into the defending players stick and out of play.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:37 am

One goal/game does not make up for the entire season.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:40 am

And 15 games doesn't negate 4 years either.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:48 am

shmenguin wrote:And 15 games doesn't negate 4 years either.

Well, I think Jordan Staal leaving did a good job of negating those :pop:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:49 am

Malkamaniac wrote:

I guess he's just bad instead of awful.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:10 am

Malkamaniac wrote:

that's a reasonable point, i admit. if this degree of thought went into the TK junk being spewed this week, i wouldn't have dragged myself back into the muck.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:15 am

In reality that's as much credit to just how much of a force Jordan Staal was and TK was really a suitable winger for his crashing style. TK just hasn't adapted to Sutter or can't figure out that he can't play the same way as he did before.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins