Malkin bobblehead

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Malkin bobblehead

Postby PensFaninRegina on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:12 am

If anyone happens to come across an extra one of the Malkin bobbleheads being given away at the game today, I wouldn't mind buying it off of you (plus pay for shipping obviously) to get it up here. Keep your eyes peeled :)

Thanks LGP
PensFaninRegina
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Malkin bobblehead

Postby penny lane on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:37 am

Spoiler:

Good luck~ Usually I give away the bobbleheads. Although, I kept Iceburgh and I'll keep Gene.
I won't trust it at my seat tonight either. 8-)
But if people storm out, or are in a rush to leave early... there could be a few.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PensFaninRegina on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:18 am

penny lane wrote:
Spoiler:

Good luck~ Usually I give away the bobbleheads. Although, I kept Iceburgh and I'll keep Gene.
I won't trust it at my seat tonight either. 8-)
But if people storm out, or are in a rush to leave early... there could be a few.

A guy can dream, no? :)
PensFaninRegina
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Tico Rick on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:41 am

PensFaninRegina wrote:If anyone happens to come across an extra one of the Malkin bobbleheads being given away at the game today, I wouldn't mind buying it off of you (plus pay for shipping obviously) to get it up here. Keep your eyes peeled :)

Thanks LGP

I'd love to have one as well. Anyone with extras, please put me on the list behind PFR. Thanks!
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby JeffDFD on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:45 am

Oh, ill go on the list too! They are silly, but I have a nice little collection of Pens surrounding the mini cup they gave out after the lockout.

I had to move Staal to a lower shelf earlier this year, so a spot is open! Don't worry about Staal, though - he is hanging out with Colby and Straka on the lower shelf. Oliver Perez is around here somewhere too.

In fact, if someone is looking to sell any bobbles, I may be interested.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shoeshine boy on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:49 pm

ebay is your friend.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pens Fan Since 1970 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:58 pm

The waiting list for the Malkin bobblehead could become longer than the season ticket waiting list.
Pens Fan Since 1970
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitt87 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:32 pm

True story: My sister was at the game when they gave away the Mario bobblehead, and gave it to me for Christmas that year. We moved shortly after that, and I lost it...
Pitt87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby JeffDFD on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:31 pm

shoeshine boy wrote:ebay is your friend.

They don't have a ton and people want a chunk of money...I am thinking more along the lines of...if someone has them laying around and doesn't want them I will toss you some money for your troubles.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Jopaz on Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:56 pm

I don't get the attraction of this bobblehead. Would much rather have one where the player is in uniform and not wearing a suit.
If I had one I would give it to someone, but unfortunately I'm not going to the game tonight.
Jopaz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pcmforless on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:36 am

There was a guy outside the Verizon gate with a sign that he was buying them for $10 each and he had a BIG box almost full of them. I'm pretty sure they will make it to ebay or craigslist so there should be some to be had. They are really neat, I think it was a pretty cool giveaway and a keeper like the garden gnome as opposed to some of the other give aways that have been not as nice.
pcmforless
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby midd on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:05 am

Yeah I'm looking for one too. Listings were on ebay before the game even started. Some were at $60 BIN.
midd
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:13 am

Jopaz wrote:I don't get the attraction of this bobblehead. Would much rather have one where the player is in uniform and not wearing a suit.
If I had one I would give it to someone, but unfortunately I'm not going to the game tonight.

Its the first one in almost a decade that has actually resembled the player. Also the only one this year, maybe? Still not sure why anyone cares, but those are possible reasons.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:03 am

They're available on eBay, but get ready to open your wallet/purse. The cheapest buy-it-now is asking $59.99 plus $10.00 shipping. There are others via auction for less (right now) but the auctions (most of them) close in 3 days. This info is for the ones given out last night. There are others too.

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:07 pm

Big Easy Pens Fan wrote:They're available on eBay, but get ready to open your wallet/purse. The cheapest buy-it-now is asking $59.99 plus $10.00 shipping. There are others via auction for less (right now) but the auctions (most of them) close in 3 days. This info is for the ones given out last night. There are others too.

BEPF

My tip is, just wait it out. A few months from now, the demand will be down, or someone will just want to get rid of it and make a few bucks and will have a "buy now" for like $20.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby lifetimefan on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:52 pm

Sell mine for $40 plus S&H.
lifetimefan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins