Bennett recalled

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Bennett recalled

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:08 pm

meecrofilm wrote:With Geno out, I'd like to see BB moved up to the #1 PP unit. We need that right-handed presence on the half-wall, and he's a better option over Letang right now. It's a good opportunity I think he's ready for.

I disagree. He bobbled the only pass to him on the 5 on 3 and while he put away Crosby's pass he looked very tenitive out there. Give him some 2nd unit time yes, 1st unit not unless it's absolutely needed. He has the skill and the potential is there but he's just not used to the NHL game yet. For sure he's getting there but not quite yet.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby meecrofilm on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:21 pm

Agree to disagree I guess. I figure with his skillset the PP is the perfect place to break him in and get him used to that game, and like I said I still think he's the best right-handed option we have right now.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:25 pm

meecrofilm wrote:Agree to disagree I guess. I figure with his skillset the PP is the perfect place to break him in and get him used to that game, and like I said I still think he's the best right-handed option we have right now.

Yeah I can absolutely see what you're saying. With Malkin out why not... You know what never mind. Do it, why not get a future offensive weapon some PP time. Heck we saw Ouellet slam home goals right beside the goal, Bennet could do the same. (Obviously BB's skill set is much better than Ouellet's)
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pcm on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:50 pm

Who would [sunshine] replace? He's not going to play the point, and you're not going to take off Neal or Kunitz for him, so 2nd unit it is.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby meecrofilm on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:57 pm

Martin-Neal-Kunitz-Sid-Bennett.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins