Pens Jersey Nameplates

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Pens Jersey Nameplates

Postby Senka on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:59 pm

I'm a stickler for fake jerseys and can likely spot a fake. I do have one knockoff but its a pretty nice one. I still found an issue but it was livable as a gift. So I have a Ryan Whitney from NHL.com. He wore number 19 obviously. I'd love to get his nameplate changed to Beau Bennett but I want it to match as closely at possible. I've never done this before and do not know a site that does really good Pens plates. Any help would be appreciated or websites and links. I moved out of town so is have to ship it somewhere.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Pens Jersey Nameplates

Postby Senka on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:01 pm

Edit: even though I bought it through NHL it was still the screen printed nameplate sewn on if you know what I'm talking about. Not individual letters.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby blurryhaze312 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:26 pm

I would recommend House O Hockey in Murrysville.

I know you said you moved out of town, but you have to ship it anyways, so why not?

They should be able to strip off the old plate and do up the new one no problem. Just call them and ask.

Senka wrote:Edit: even though I bought it through NHL it was still the screen printed nameplate sewn on if you know what I'm talking about. Not individual letters.

All NHL.com jerseys are like that I believe. If you expect good quality in the lettering kit, don't buy from NHL.com. I would buy them blank during a sale on some internet site and then send to either House O Hockey or the place that does the jerseys for the team.
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:39 pm

Ice jerseys, Locker Room Sports on eBay, and Cool Hockey are great places for customization. They all use the same name and number kits (Stahl's) as the NHL. As for cost, I'm sorry that I don't know how much it would cost for just the name or just name and number. I myself have Ice Jerseys and Locker Room Sports' sweaters and the work is just gorgeous--individually sewn, zig-zag stitched letters.

Disclosure: I was nervous about getting a customized, nonreturnable sweater via eBay, but the customer reviews won me over. I took the plunge, and I'm thrilled with it. I've heard nothing but raves about Cool Hockey's work, also.

http://www.coolhockey.com/
Email: info@coolhockey.com

http://www.icejerseys.com/
http://www.icejerseys.com/helpdesk/contactForm/

http://stores.ebay.com/lockerroomsportsauthentics
Email: locker_room@comcast.net

Good luck!
Last edited by Lt. Dish on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Azkar on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:47 pm

Send it to me. I'll take care of it.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Senka on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:03 pm

Thanks Azkar. I appreciate it. I'll have it in the mail. As for the other posts thanks so much. I'm worried about eBay as well. But HoH seems like a good idea.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby blurryhaze312 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:22 pm

I can vouch for IceJerseys as well, but USPS really jacked up their rates for international in the last two weeks.

Shipping one way with tracking number is over $30 now. Would be much cheaper to send back to Pittsburgh and go with HoH.
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby JS© on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:31 pm

blurryhaze312 wrote:I would recommend House O Hockey in Murrysville.

I know you said you moved out of town, but you have to ship it anyways, so why not?

They should be able to strip off the old plate and do up the new one no problem. Just call them and ask.

Senka wrote:Edit: even though I bought it through NHL it was still the screen printed nameplate sewn on if you know what I'm talking about. Not individual letters.

All NHL.com jerseys are like that I believe. If you expect good quality in the lettering kit, don't buy from NHL.com. I would buy them blank during a sale on some internet site and then send to either House O Hockey or the place that does the jerseys for the team.

Another vote for House O Hockey.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby relantel on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:44 pm

The last Jersey we bought was from HoH. (Malkin rookie road ba ck in oct 06 but great work fast. Have one of the screen printed nhl.com jobbies that I received as a gift, but that kept me from being disappointed by spending $ on one of those.

If we were in the market for a new jersery it would be HoH.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Gsnyder58 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:21 pm

Ive debating the same thing about getting a letestu jersey for cheap then getting in touch with house o hockey about a glass nameplate.
Gsnyder58

Postby She'sTheFastest on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:07 pm

Steel City Collectibles has Letestu and Talbot Jerseys on sale for 40.
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:41 am

Anyone know how much HOH would charge to turn a blank home jersey into a Niskanen or Orpik jersey? And do they have blank Jerseys at said shop for men who want a bigger 3x or 4x jersey?
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Lt. Dish on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:32 am

How long has HoH been around? Their "store history" page is under construction.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby scals37 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:56 am

I can vouch for House o Hockey, and IceJerseys for that matter.. IJ is where I always get my replica jerseys, pay replica prices and you get stitched numbers and nameplates on a replica jersey.. great for your "wear to a game, not too mad if I spill beer/nacho cheese on" jersey... but if the shipping has gone up, HoH is also reasonable.. they seem like a place thats "ran by fans, for fans" kind of mentality, they'll help you in any way they can
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby scals37 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:58 am

.. also HoH has been around since before I was in high school 2000-2004 (went to Penn Trafford, right outside Monroeville where HoH is located)
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby blurryhaze312 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:33 am

FreeCandy44 wrote:Anyone know how much HOH would charge to turn a blank home jersey into a Niskanen or Orpik jersey? And do they have blank Jerseys at said shop for men who want a bigger 3x or 4x jersey?

Someone just had them do a jersey recently and I think they told me it was around $90?
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Kovy27 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:29 am

I have 2 this way. Michalek and Gogo. I decided to only buy Malkin/Crosby/Neal/Fleury from now on. Haha.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:46 am

scals37 wrote:.. also HoH has been around since before I was in high school 2000-2004 (went to Penn Trafford, right outside Monroeville where HoH is located)

I'd say they've been around since at least the mid-90s. Used to buy replacement stick blades from them all the time.

She'sTheFastest wrote:Steel City Collectibles has Letestu and Talbot Jerseys on sale for 40.

Are they stitched or the replicas?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby She'sTheFastest on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:27 pm

scals37 wrote:.. also HoH has been around since before I was in high school 2000-2004 (went to Penn Trafford, right outside Monroeville where HoH is located)

I also went to PT 1998-2002. Small world.
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby She'sTheFastest on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:29 pm

JS© wrote:

I'd say they've been around since at least the mid-90s. Used to buy replacement stick blades from them all the time.

She'sTheFastest wrote:Steel City Collectibles has Letestu and Talbot Jerseys on sale for 40.

Are they stitched or the replicas?

I believe they are stitched, excess inventory I believe. They also have a bunch of Staal shirts for 5 bucks.
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:32 pm

Thanks, scals. That's long after I left the area, so now I know why I never heard of them except from on Pens forums. Based on all of your recommendations, I'll tell friends and fam still in the area to check them out!
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Great58 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:25 pm

Do the Pens Gear stores carry authentic Edge jerseys? With the high end lettering kit? If so, can anyone tell me what they sell for there? Or is HoH the only option in the area?
Great58
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby CERV96 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:05 pm

Great58 wrote:Do the Pens Gear stores carry authentic Edge jerseys? With the high end lettering kit? If so, can anyone tell me what they sell for there? Or is HoH the only option in the area?

HOH is probably your best bet.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby FreeCandy44 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:26 pm

HOH should be done with my #18 Neal jersey any day now. I purchased it this past Saturday, and they said up to 5 business days to get the lettering done. So yeah any day now. I will let you all know what I think when I finally recieve it.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:16 pm

Gsnyder58 wrote:Ive debating the same thing about getting a letestu jersey for cheap then getting in touch with house o hockey about a Roberts nameplate.

better choice IMO
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins