Sens owner things Cooke deserves lifetime ban

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Sens owner things Cooke deserves lifetime ban

Postby Pitts on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:17 pm

Also this:

Karlsson does not think Cooke intentionally tried to cut his achilles.

He knows exactly what he's doing out there.

Dude, how counter-point to yourself can you be? What an idiot.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:19 pm

Reading between the lines on pretty much everyone on the Ottawa side...

"we totally think he did it on purpose, but have nothing to back it up, and also don't want to sound like a-holes"
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby GDR on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:25 pm

Froggy wrote:Reading between the lines on pretty much everyone on the Ottawa side...

"we totally think he did it on purpose, but have nothing to back it up, and also don't want to sound like a-holes"

I dunno to me they sound like a-holes with what they're saying.
GDR
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:32 pm

i missed this quote from president dumbdumb

"I don't buy any of that garbage," Melnyk told TSN. "Five times? No, we're No. 6? How about seven and eight? At what point do you say, 'You know what? Maybe he's not changed.' You do this enough times, don't try to convince me or anybody else. People are way too intelligent. The guy gets suspended five times. That's how many times he's been suspended, never mind "

the meat of it: "At what point do you say, 'You know what? Maybe he's not changed"

the response: how about when he actually does something bad - which hasn't happened since his reformation
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:35 pm

lol Karlsson what a baby
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:46 pm

I think the OTT organization and Bryan Murry's history of crying and complaining about ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING should be every bit taken into consideration as Cooke's history.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pitts on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:56 pm

Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:08 pm

i think i said this earlier in this thread... if a person thinks that there is even the remotest of chances that cooke was planning on slicing his leg with his skate, they should shut their mouths because they are in no way qualified to talk about hockey.

i get that cooke is a villain around the league. i can understand people not caring for him as a player, particularly in places like boston. but to be so stupid to let that cloud your vision that you see this as anything other than a totally routine play gone wrong is just a whole other level of stupid.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby penny lane on Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:12 pm

Adam Proteau ‏@Proteautype
Be mad, Erik Karlsson. But not at Matt Cooke. Be mad at an NHL culture that allows Eugene Melnyk to rip goons while employing Chris Neil.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:18 pm

the best part of this whole thing is if the refs called the puck out of play when it went into the netting down on the other end, this situation wouldn't have came about lol
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:20 pm

Froggy wrote:i think i said this earlier in this thread... if a person thinks that there is even the remotest of chances that cooke was planning on slicing his leg with his skate, they should shut their mouths because they are in no way qualified to talk about hockey.

i get that cooke is a villain around the league. i can understand people not caring for him as a player, particularly in places like boston. but to be so stupid to let that cloud your vision that you see this as anything other than a totally routine play gone wrong is just a whole other level of stupid.

I cant remember if it was someone from this board, or an analyst on NHLN or what, but I think the best quote on this whole nonsense may be "Matt Cooke no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt. But he does deserve objectivity and fairness."

Just becuase the guy has a history doesnt mean every time he touches another player he intends to end their life.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shmenguin on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:05 pm

penny lane wrote:
Adam Proteau ‏@Proteautype
Be mad, Erik Karlsson. But not at Matt Cooke. Be mad at an NHL culture that allows Eugene Melnyk to rip goons while employing Chris Neil.

i think that any ripping of melnyk is a good thing, but i'm not down with comparing neil to cooke. the version of cooke that's the basis for this vitriol is a far dirtier player than neil ever was.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby llipgh2 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:43 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:
Froggy wrote:i think i said this earlier in this thread... if a person thinks that there is even the remotest of chances that cooke was planning on slicing his leg with his skate, they should shut their mouths because they are in no way qualified to talk about hockey.

I cant remember if it was someone from this board, or an analyst on NHLN or what, but I think the best quote on this whole nonsense may be "Matt Cooke no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt. But he does deserve objectivity and fairness."

Just becuase the guy has a history doesnt mean every time he touches another player he intends to end their life.

I think it was Pierre LeBrun.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby llipgh2 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:50 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:I think the OTT organization and Bryan Murry's history of crying and complaining about ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING should be every bit taken into consideration as Cooke's history.

THIS! THIS 1000x OVER.

Could there be a bigger whiner in the history of the NHL than Cryin' Bryan? This guy whines if you look at him wrong.

Which Sid apparently did one game, and Bryan started chirping at him. And HC (at the time) MT chirped right back.

In his presser after the game, MT said "He was yelling at my guys! You don't yell at my guys!"

I was wishing at the time MT would have punched Bryan in the face and gave him something to cry about. :lol:
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby slappybrown on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:00 pm

llipgh2 wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:I think the OTT organization and Bryan Murry's history of crying and complaining about ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING should be every bit taken into consideration as Cooke's history.

THIS! THIS 1000x OVER.

Could there be a bigger whiner in the history of the NHL than Cryin' Bryan? This guy whines if you look at him wrong.

Which Sid apparently did one game, and Bryan started chirping at him. And HC (at the time) MT chirped right back.

In his presser after the game, MT said "He was yelling at my guys! You don't yell at my guys!"

I was wishing at the time MT would have punched Bryan in the face and gave him something to cry about. :lol:

I remember that. Murray is awful.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/spo ... rs-477034/

"I don't like other coaches to talk to my players," Therrien said.

Murray told Ottawa reporters yesterday that, in fact, he hadn't been directing his words at Crosby -- who he said embellished an interference minor against Senators forward Mike Comrie -- but at referee Don Koharski.

"Mike Comrie put a stick on Crosby and Crosby went down, and we know full well he's one of the more powerful skaters in the league," Murray said. "I thought it was a very incidental call, and that Crosby kind of dressed it up a little bit.

"So I was yelling at [Koharski] and I guess Crosby turned and yelled at me from the bench and then Therrien got excited. That's his nature.

"Crosby is one of those young people, and rightly so, that the league is promoting as the example of the new NHL and that, and when he turns -- I'm sure he's on camera quite often -- using the language he does, I don't think it's something you should do, that's all."

Therrien flatly rejected Murray's explanation a couple of hours before the Penguins' game against the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden last night.

"He was yelling at Sid," Therrien said.

Also contained in that link:

Jocelyn Thibault was something of a surprise starter in goal for the Penguins last night.

Not so much because Therrien opted to give No. 1 goalie Marc-Andre Fleury the night off after the shootout victory against Ottawa, but because Thibault had to survive a shot to the left side of his throat during the morning skate just to make it to the opening faceoff.

Thibault went on the ice with forwards Ronald Petrovicky, Nils Ekman and Chris Thorburn and defensemen Mark Eaton and Joel Kwiatkowski because he wanted to face some shots to get ready for the Rangers.

What a world we lived in in 2007.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby duke66 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:25 pm

cooke also being blamed for injuring craig anderson last nite.
duke66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DudeMan2766 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:47 pm

Could you imagine if Thibault was a Penguin when Tebow beat dem Stillers??
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby letsgoalpens on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:41 am

slappybrown wrote:

"Crosby is one of those young people, and rightly so, that the league is promoting as the example of the new NHL and that, and when he turns -- I'm sure he's on camera quite often -- using the language he does, I don't think it's something you should do, that's all."

bwhaaahahahah, I totally missed this when it happed. He was seriously upset about Crosby's language?!?!?! That is the funniest thing I think I have heard this week. So he wasn't interested in coaching his team but was more interested in making sure Sid doesn't swear when the camera is on him??? BWhahahahahahaha, that is HILARIOUS! My opinion of Bryan Murray just somehow got even lower. My opinion of Karlsson is also lower too. Am I the only one who finds it strange he is so often being referred to as "the best defensemen in the league"? I think he is a great player but I don't know if he is worthy of that praise yet.
letsgoalpens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:54 pm

John Shannon, a reporter who covers the Senators, just tweeted: .

Eugene Melnyk just told PrimeTime Sports that MCooke intentionally hurt EKarlsson and he is in the midst of a forensic study to prove it.

https://twitter.com/JSportsnet/status/3 ... 7911473152

He's lost his mind. Dementia is a scary thing.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Gaucho on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:55 pm

Wow...
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby jwest21 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:07 pm

CSI:Ottawa
jwest21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Guinness on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:50 pm

lolwut
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby DocEmrick on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:51 pm

I wanna be a guy making $60k playing pick-up hockey. You think RMU Island Sports Center could arrange something?
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NashvilleCat on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:00 pm

Melnyk is getting hammered on Twitter.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby llipgh2 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:11 pm

NashvilleCat wrote:Melnyk is getting hammered on Twitter.

Deservedly so. This is INSANE!
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins