Official GDT 2/15/2013: PIT vs WPG

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT 2/15/2013: PIT vs WPG

Postby canaan on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:15 pm

BeauBen played well for his first NHL game. Did good things. Kept it simple. Pucks on net. I didn't care for him deferring to Malkin on a play he had at a quality chance on Pavelec, but his team play was all around acceptable. A more noticeable, better aware boychuk
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pittsports87 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:19 pm

Evgeni Malkin only has 1 more goal than Craig Adams over a quarter of the way into the season
:pop:
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby canaan on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:28 pm

I had more fun tonight letting tangradi play the role as the villain than I ever did him playing the role of a Pittsburgh Penguin. If ET played his shifts here like he did in the first 40 minutes of that game, he would've been a fan favorite. What a schmuck.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:44 pm

canaan wrote:I had more fun tonight letting tangradi play the role as the villain than I ever did him playing the role of a Pittsburgh Penguin. If ET played his shifts here like he did in the first 40 minutes of that game, he would've been a fan favorite. What a schmuck.

The next Kip Miller
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pitt87 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:54 pm

Quick look at the standings...

- Pens have the most wins in the NHL, tied with a few.
- Flyers are outside the playoff window looking in, as are Vanek's Sabers.
- Carolina is recovering from a rough late January and has won a few in a row, now first in the SE.

The West... well, while its changed dramatically in terms of names and faces, its the same old west, with the exception of LA.... thats a bit of a shocker. Columbus is still on the floor, which begs the questions about Umbergers availability.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby MRandall25 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:01 am

I'm tickled by the fact Craig Adams had more goals this game than Tangradi had in in entire career.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby marek on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:08 am

Thanks CFA for singlehandedly covering the puckline. Next time I see you dinner is on me.
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby columbia on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:10 am

@MolinariPG: Bylsma, on Bennett blocking a Bogosian shot late in 2nd: "The blocked shot probably won over his teammates more than anything else he did."
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby hockeymon on Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:41 am

murphydump55 wrote:
mac5155 wrote:
skullman80 wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:Paul Martin, you just got walked by Eric freakin' Tangradi. Get your head out of your sphincter! I'm sorry but Martin has started to look like the Martin of old lately. Zero speed, can't turn, weak on the puck, and don't get me started on his backhand. Yikes.

Martin has been fine.

You are looking for reasons to hate him.

Just let him go, it's almost a fetish for him.

Yeah, you're right. Losing battles, getting beat wide by a guy like Tangradi and completely weak on the puck are all signs of being fine.
You're an NHL player, just be strong on the puck, don't sweep at it and move your feet with it. That's all.

He's had some great plays, but he's also had a ton of bad flashbacks lately.

Ok where is the bashing of letang for getting walked?
Letang has been walked at least 1-3 times per game. It's amazing when they talk about Norris candidate, you score a couple goals and your a great skater so they overlook your defensive lapses.
Don't get me wrong letang a good player, but does get beat quite a bit if your truly watching the game and all the players.
hockeymon
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby murphydump55 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:50 am

hockeymon wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
mac5155 wrote:
skullman80 wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:Paul Martin, you just got walked by Eric freakin' Tangradi. Get your head out of your sphincter! I'm sorry but Martin has started to look like the Martin of old lately. Zero speed, can't turn, weak on the puck, and don't get me started on his backhand. Yikes.

Martin has been fine.

You are looking for reasons to hate him.

Just let him go, it's almost a fetish for him.

Yeah, you're right. Losing battles, getting beat wide by a guy like Tangradi and completely weak on the puck are all signs of being fine.
You're an NHL player, just be strong on the puck, don't sweep at it and move your feet with it. That's all.

He's had some great plays, but he's also had a ton of bad flashbacks lately.

Ok where is the bashing of letang for getting walked?
Letang has been walked at least 1-3 times per game. It's amazing when they talk about Norris candidate, you score a couple goals and your a great skater so they overlook your defensive lapses.
Don't get me wrong letang a good player, but does get beat quite a bit if your truly watching the game and all the players.

I'm pretty sure I commented on Letang getting beat. I fully agree with you that he does get beat a lot and has a few brain farts a game. I recall him leaving a guy open in front a couple games ago that resulted in a goal. It may have been prior to his return, I can't remember.

I'm still pretty happy with him, I just wish he'd learn to get his shots through. He hits way too many shin pads and still dusts the puck off before shooting. I keep thinking he has more to offer, but he's not a kid anymore and maybe we're seeing his ceiling. He's def not the pp qb I hoped he'd be, but he's still a great player and draft pick. I just don't know if he's Norris worthy.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Orlando Penguin on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:21 am

tfrizz wrote:Whoever has Adams in PAP is rollin in the points.

Oh, you got that right, coach!! Cha-ching!!

Orlando Penguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby blurryhaze312 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:43 am

murphydump55 wrote:I recall him leaving a guy open in front a couple games ago that resulted in a goal. It may have been prior to his return, I can't remember.

Mike Green. Though our entire team felt the need to stand around the single Cap in the corner like a bunch of 6 y/o kids hovering around the soccer ball. :lol:
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby slappybrown on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:56 am

Rocco wrote:Once again Shafnutz ruins something good by posting about it. How many things does he have to destroy before he is stopped?

BAN HIM
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Eismann on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:07 am

MRandall25 wrote:I'm tickled by the fact Craig Adams had more goals this game than Tangradi had in in entire career.

Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shafnutz05 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:27 am

slappybrown wrote:
Rocco wrote:Once again Shafnutz ruins something good by posting about it. How many things does he have to destroy before he is stopped?

BAN HIM

Lolol ok board henchman
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Steve Dave on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:39 am

How did Honey BeauBeau look? Missed the game due to datenight.
Steve Dave
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Beveridge on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:23 am

Steve Dave wrote:How did Honey BeauBeau look? Missed the game due to datenight.

Didn't show up on the score sheet, which means some people on here will think he was terrible. Now that, that is out of the way.

I thought he was noticeable and not noticeable in all the good ways.

Had a couple good looks early on the 3rd line both creating chances for line mates and shot attempts himself. The one shift I remember was what you would expect from a young kid in his first nhl game when he slowed up to get the puck to malkin. That will get better with time and experience.

What really stood out to me, as tough as it was to see on TV, was his defensive positioning. Stiegy and Errey made mention of it near the end of the game but I noticed it almost everytime he was on the ice. He was always back covering if a Defender pinched and seemed to be in perfect place to back check if the puck went the other way. That had to have Blysma and the coaching staff smiling like a butcher's dog.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby slappybrown on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:16 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:
slappybrown wrote:

BAN HIM

Lolol ok board henchman

THIS POST HAS BEEN REPORTED
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins