Official GDT 2/15/2013: PIT vs WPG

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT 2/15/2013: PIT vs WPG

Postby Fire0nice228 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:29 pm

wow bennet nice there..

If this Tangradi had shown up for the Pens he might have stayed in the top 6. I swear he's had his best 3 shifts of his career lol
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,700
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: refs fault

Re: Official GDT 2/15/2013: PIT vs WPG

Postby DelPen on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:29 pm

Really liking Bennett
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,494
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official GDT 2/15/2013: PIT vs WPG

Postby tfrizz on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:30 pm

Man, Tangradi just stepped right by Martin. Good thing he maintained inside position on the play.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,139
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: Official GDT 2/15/2013: PIT vs WPG

Postby murphydump55 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:30 pm

Paul Martin, you just got walked by Eric freakin' Tangradi. Get your head out of your sphincter! I'm sorry but Martin has started to look like the Martin of old lately. Zero speed, can't turn, weak on the puck, and don't get me started on his backhand. Yikes.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,396
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: Thunder Bay

Re: Official GDT 2/15/2013: PIT vs WPG

Postby Eismann on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:30 pm

BB's already gotten to the net more than Tangradi and Boychuk combined this year.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,459
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:14 am
Location: Less obnoxious, brainless rehab addict chick

Re: Official GDT 2/15/2013: PIT vs WPG

Postby sharpshootr55 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:30 pm

I know it's just been 3 shifts, but Bennett needs to be moved off the 3rd line stat, Kennedy is going to hold him wayyyyy back.
sharpshootr55
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,988
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: Official GDT 2/15/2013: PIT vs WPG

Postby iWonTheCup87 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:30 pm

never even saw tangradi even try a move like that when he was a penguin
iWonTheCup87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,346
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: Inside Crosby's basement dryer

Re: Official GDT 2/15/2013: PIT vs WPG

Postby skullman80 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:31 pm

murphydump55 wrote:Paul Martin, you just got walked by Eric freakin' Tangradi. Get your head out of your sphincter! I'm sorry but Martin has started to look like the Martin of old lately. Zero speed, can't turn, weak on the puck, and don't get me started on his backhand. Yikes.


Martin has been fine.

You are looking for reasons to hate him.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,004
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: New Kensington, PA

Re: Official GDT 2/15/2013: PIT vs WPG

Postby DelPen on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:31 pm

Eismann wrote:BB's already gotten to the net more than Tangradi and Boychuk combined this year.

Boychuk looked better with Sutter last game than with Malkin. Really want to see Bennett with Sid and Dupuis and Kunitz back with Malkin.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,494
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official GDT 2/15/2013: PIT vs WPG

Postby tfrizz on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:31 pm

iWonTheCup87 wrote:never even saw tangradi even try a move like that when he was a penguin

Confidence. He said he was afraid to make a mistake with the Pens. Claude Noel is much more lenient on his young players.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,139
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: Official GDT 2/15/2013: PIT vs WPG

Postby nocera on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:32 pm

iWonTheCup87 wrote:never even saw tangradi even try a move like that when he was a penguin


He's got a fire under him tonight. He wants to shove it down the Penguins throat. Let's see how he's doing in 5 games
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,002
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Re: Official GDT 2/15/2013: PIT vs WPG

Postby DelPen on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:32 pm

And Tangradi is spent. No top 6 player should be sucking wind like that 9:00 into a game.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,494
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official GDT 2/15/2013: PIT vs WPG

Postby mac5155 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:32 pm

skullman80 wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:Paul Martin, you just got walked by Eric freakin' Tangradi. Get your head out of your sphincter! I'm sorry but Martin has started to look like the Martin of old lately. Zero speed, can't turn, weak on the puck, and don't get me started on his backhand. Yikes.


Martin has been fine.

You are looking for reasons to hate him.

Just let him go, it's almost a fetish for him.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,565
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Official GDT 2/15/2013: PIT vs WPG

Postby DMcGrew on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:33 pm

yikes
DMcGrew
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,041
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:48 pm

Re: Official GDT 2/15/2013: PIT vs WPG

Postby Fire0nice228 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:33 pm

LMAO burmistrov.......jusssssssssssssst a bit outside
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,700
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: refs fault

Re: Official GDT 2/15/2013: PIT vs WPG

Postby nocera on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:33 pm

Vintage Malkin.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,002
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Re: Official GDT 2/15/2013: PIT vs WPG

Postby mac5155 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:33 pm

Damn, sick hands burmistrov
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,565
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Official GDT 2/15/2013: PIT vs WPG

Postby penny lane on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:33 pm

Gene did his countryman a favor~ ... :oops:
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,509
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Summer sunshine heals!

Re: Official GDT 2/15/2013: PIT vs WPG

Postby murphydump55 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:33 pm

Letang and Martin - osmosis men tonight.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,396
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: Thunder Bay

Re: Official GDT 2/15/2013: PIT vs WPG

Postby Gaucho on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:34 pm

slick
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 40,929
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: Official GDT 2/15/2013: PIT vs WPG

Postby nocera on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:34 pm

Canadian commercials are weird.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,002
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Re: Official GDT 2/15/2013: PIT vs WPG

Postby murphydump55 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:35 pm

mac5155 wrote:
skullman80 wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:Paul Martin, you just got walked by Eric freakin' Tangradi. Get your head out of your sphincter! I'm sorry but Martin has started to look like the Martin of old lately. Zero speed, can't turn, weak on the puck, and don't get me started on his backhand. Yikes.


Martin has been fine.

You are looking for reasons to hate him.

Just let him go, it's almost a fetish for him.


Yeah, you're right. Losing battles, getting beat wide by a guy like Tangradi and completely weak on the puck are all signs of being fine.
You're an NHL player, just be strong on the puck, don't sweep at it and move your feet with it. That's all.

He's had some great plays, but he's also had a ton of bad flashbacks lately.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,396
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: Thunder Bay

Re: Official GDT 2/15/2013: PIT vs WPG

Postby DelPen on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:35 pm

Letang did his job, Burmistrov had no angle by the time he beat him.

But sloppy turnovers need to stop along with stupid passes
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,494
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official GDT 2/15/2013: PIT vs WPG

Postby skullman80 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:36 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
mac5155 wrote:
skullman80 wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:Paul Martin, you just got walked by Eric freakin' Tangradi. Get your head out of your sphincter! I'm sorry but Martin has started to look like the Martin of old lately. Zero speed, can't turn, weak on the puck, and don't get me started on his backhand. Yikes.


Martin has been fine.

You are looking for reasons to hate him.

Just let him go, it's almost a fetish for him.


Yeah, you're right. Losing battles, getting beat wide by a guy like Tangradi and completely weak on the puck are all signs of being fine.
You're an NHL player, just be strong on the puck, don't sweep at it and move your feet with it. That's all.

He's had some great plays, but he's also had a ton of bad flashbacks lately.


All that you do in the GDT is ***** about Paul Martin. It's like you want him to fail.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,004
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: New Kensington, PA

Re: Official GDT 2/15/2013: PIT vs WPG

Postby mac5155 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:37 pm

For what?
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,565
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hugo Stiglitz, joopen, Orlando Penguin and 13 guests

e-mail