Official GDT 2/17/2013: PIT vs BUF

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT 2/17/2013: PIT vs BUF

Postby Gaucho on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:38 am

James Neal and Matt Niskanen for Alex Goligoski? Do it, RS.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Official GDT 2/17/2013: PIT vs BUF

Postby The Snapshot on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:14 am

shmenguin wrote:but you're right, i didn't really stay withing your parameters - that's fair. i'd absolutely, 1000% rather have every player from last year back than have this roster. i'm not out to flame this team. clearly they're a good team. but we'd be better off with the players we had last year, and we could have had that.

Our D was terrible last year, and Staal was not changing that. Our backup goaltender was horrific. Michalek leaving for Phoenix also gives us cap room that is still TBD. I loved Asham, but no great loss. Sullivan was effective.

To me, I would not want last year's team, but that is just me. I already know how that turned out, and having Staal, Sullivan, Michalek and Johnson didn't end well.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins