I'm sure glad we got Beau Bennett to stabalize that 3rd line

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

I'm sure glad we got Beau Bennett to stabalize that 3rd line

Postby moondart on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:43 pm

I mean...really....
moondart
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:08 am

Re: I'm sure glad we got Beau Bennett to stabalize that 3rd

Postby Gaucho on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:49 pm

Mildly exciting story, bro
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,077
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: Jay Landsman's cookie jar

Re: I'm sure glad we got Beau Bennett to stabalize that 3rd

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:53 pm

Yea! ......what?
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,137
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: I'm sure glad we got Beau Bennett to stabalize that 3rd

Postby Godric on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:54 pm

Riveting tale chap


No but seriously, Bennett is fine
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: I'm sure glad we got Beau Bennett to stabalize that 3rd

Postby DelPen on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:52 pm

Bennett is not needed on the 3rd line. boychuck and Jeffrey are more than fine in that role. He needs to be playing with Crosby.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 31,970
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: I'm sure glad we got Beau Bennett to stabalize that 3rd

Postby mikey287 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:22 pm

Dupuis-Crosby-Bennett (or swap the sides they play on if you want)
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale-Adams

Kennedy can be swapped with Vitale for the haters. Jeffrey can be swapped for any of the fourth liners for the well wishers.

In 5 or 6 games from now when Bennett is considered a bust and a juice box or whatever that one poster called him, then we can try Boychuk up there so he doesn't have to get involved in anything but finishing off Crosby passes...with Malkin, there's more involved...with Crosby it's just: watch, wait until he draws 4 players to him, then make yourself available for a wide open net, finish. Boychuk can finish, but he can't do all that much else it seems.

Once that fails, then we can panic...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,478
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: I'm sure glad we got Beau Bennett to stabalize that 3rd

Postby columbia on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:24 pm

I believe the official descriptor was "juice case."
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 42,513
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: I'm sure glad we got Beau Bennett to stabalize that 3rd

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:28 pm

Oh look a thread.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,391
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=289635 get bitcoins

Re: I'm sure glad we got Beau Bennett to barbelize 3rd lime

Postby Mongoose87 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:42 pm

columbia wrote:I believe the official descriptor was "juice case."


That was the one.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,908
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:04 pm
Location: The breakfast table of TRIUMPH!

Re: I'm sure glad we got Beau Bennett to stabalize that 3rd

Postby penmyst on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:52 pm

What's a "juice case"?
penmyst
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,337
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:30 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: I'm sure glad we got Beau Bennett to stabalize that 3rd

Postby mikey287 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:12 am

Ah yes, juice case...that was it. I'm guessing that's something that holds a number of juice boxes, if I had to wager a guess...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,478
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: I'm sure glad we got Beau Bennett to stabalize that 3rd

Postby Juice on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:24 am

case
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,678
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:23 pm
Location: Tag Bueno.

Re: I'm sure glad we got Beau Bennett to stabalize that 3rd

Postby mikey287 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:35 am

When I saw that you had the latest post on the main board, I was thinking, "I hope he makes a B-line for this thread..." :lol: was not disappointed.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,478
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: I'm sure glad we got Beau Bennett to stabalize that 3rd

Postby Mongoose87 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:38 am

penmyst wrote:What's a "juice case"?

I don't think we ever got a straight answer.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,908
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:04 pm
Location: The breakfast table of TRIUMPH!

Re: I'm sure glad we got Beau Bennett to stabalize that 3rd

Postby saints11 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:15 am

mikey287 wrote:Dupuis-Crosby-Bennett (or swap the sides they play on if you want)
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale-Adams

Kennedy can be swapped with Vitale for the haters. Jeffrey can be swapped for any of the fourth liners for the well wishers.

In 5 or 6 games from now when Bennett is considered a bust and a juice box or whatever that one poster called him, then we can try Boychuk up there so he doesn't have to get involved in anything but finishing off Crosby passes...with Malkin, there's more involved...with Crosby it's just: watch, wait until he draws 4 players to him, then make yourself available for a wide open net, finish. Boychuk can finish, but he can't do all that much else it seems.

Once that fails, then we can panic...
If Boychuk can finish then he is ahead of Kennedy. Being a realist, as opposed to a hater, I'd rather have him on the wing with Sutter. They. Know each other and played in Carolina together. Still, I doubt HCDB removes Kennedy from the line-up. And so it continues...
saints11
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 669
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:11 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: I'm sure glad we got Beau Bennett to stabalize that 3rd

Postby CERV96 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:17 am

Pavel Bure wrote:Oh look a thread.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,512
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:49 am
Location: It's poop again!

Re: I'm sure glad we got Beau Bennett to stabalize that 3rd

Postby mikey287 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:29 am

saints11 wrote:
mikey287 wrote:Dupuis-Crosby-Bennett (or swap the sides they play on if you want)
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale-Adams

Kennedy can be swapped with Vitale for the haters. Jeffrey can be swapped for any of the fourth liners for the well wishers.

In 5 or 6 games from now when Bennett is considered a bust and a juice box or whatever that one poster called him, then we can try Boychuk up there so he doesn't have to get involved in anything but finishing off Crosby passes...with Malkin, there's more involved...with Crosby it's just: watch, wait until he draws 4 players to him, then make yourself available for a wide open net, finish. Boychuk can finish, but he can't do all that much else it seems.

Once that fails, then we can panic...
If Boychuk can finish then he is ahead of Kennedy. Being a realist, as opposed to a hater, I'd rather have him on the wing with Sutter. They. Know each other and played in Carolina together. Still, I doubt HCDB removes Kennedy from the line-up. And so it continues...


If Boychuk could play on the bottom two lines he wouldn't have been waived. I wouldn't want him on the third line with Sutter even if they drank milk out of the same bag in kindergarten...know him or not, it doesn't help the team to put Boychuk on a line designed to stop the opposition from scoring. Three guys with "eh" vision at best, one is slowing down quite a bit (Cooke), one is still learning (Sutter) and one doesn't play defense or even meaningfully compete every game (Boychuk)....it's disastrous concoction, IMO. Kennedy might not be a prize pig (hmph, look at that...) but he belongs on the right side of that line or he belongs on another team basically...anything else I think is just silly...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,478
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: I'm sure glad we got Beau Bennett to stabalize that 3rd

Postby pensfan1989 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:46 am

Image
pensfan1989
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,113
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:51 pm
Location: Ponakronkoski

Re: I'm sure glad we got Beau Bennett to stabalize that 3rd

Postby DocEmrick on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:49 am

be nice to each other
DocEmrick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,923
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:33 pm
Location: SETEC Astronomy

Re: I'm sure glad we got Beau Bennett to stabalize that 3rd

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:23 am

Juice wrote:case


this made me laugh so hard
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,539
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: I'm sure glad we got Beau Bennett to stabalize that 3rd

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:00 am

Him being moved immediately to the third line is so delicious after people were jumping off of bridges before he was even called up because he was going to be the chance to make it on one of the top lines that Tangradi never got...even though it would have made perfect sense if he was given more time there than Tangradi.
Last edited by Idoit40fans on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,263
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: I'm sure glad we got Beau Bennett to stabalize that 3rd

Postby Guinness on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:00 am

DocEmrick wrote:be excellent to each other


Image

Seems to work better this way in this thread. ;)
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,315
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:30 am
Location: At the pub

Re: I'm sure glad we got Beau Bennett to stabalize that 3rd

Postby Gaucho on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:16 am

mikey287 wrote:If Boychuk could play on the bottom two lines he wouldn't have been waived.


1000x this
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,077
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: Jay Landsman's cookie jar

Re: I'm sure glad we got Beau Bennett to stabalize that 3rd

Postby Penspal on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:16 am

Bennett is getting 3rd line minutes because its his first time in the NHL and he's recovering from an injury. Let him get a few games under his belt, then I'm sure he'll get an extended look at the top 2 lines.
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,075
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:12 am
Location: Filet-o-Fish Submarine

Re: I'm sure glad we got Beau Bennett to stabalize that 3rd

Postby CERV96 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:20 am

Penspal wrote:Bennett is getting 3rd line minutes because its his first time in the NHL and he's recovering from an injury. Let him get a few games under his belt, then I'm sure he'll get an extended look at the top 2 lines.


NO,NO,NO,NO! We must panic!

:scared:
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,512
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:49 am
Location: It's poop again!

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PAPLine and 8 guests

e-mail