I'm sure glad we got Beau Bennett to stabalize that 3rd line

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: I'm sure glad we got Beau Bennett to stabalize that 3rd

Postby farnham16 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:49 pm

Bennett Crosby Dupuis
Kunitz Malkin Neal
Cooke Sutter Jeffrey
Glass Vitale Adams

Kennedy's time has come and gone. He has been getting worse and worse for a long time now. Its time to sit him.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Godric on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:11 pm

farnham16 wrote:Kennedy's time has come and gone. He has been getting worse and worse for a long time now. Its time to sit him.

I've said before that I'll never question the mental strength of a professional athlete but jesus I think TK is barely average intelligence
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby Luckybreak on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:45 am

Nizzy wrote:
pfim wrote:Dupuis has the most even strength goals on the team. Last year he was tied for second with Neal. He's a top 6 forward.

It took me 3 seasons to admit this.

I even said things like "Dupuis isn't good enough to wear #9, give him some dumb number like #34."

However now I will admit he's 100% a top 6 winger. Glad he's improved. Hope he gets a 2 year deal.

Looking at overall contribution to the team and versatility I'm thinking perhaps 4 years, lower hit. In terms of the future, where is Dupuis more valuable - Crosby or Sutter's wing? Essentially, what proportion of his success is attributable to playing with Sid? There is undoubted chemistry but could he replicate some of that success with Sutter thus significantly improving the 3rd line? Either way I hope a deal gets done!

Bennett can be a legit top 6 next season but playing him with Malkin seems detrimental to both players at present. Cooke needs to be playing strongly on the 3rd line come playoffs (we saw a 3rd line with delusions of grandeur vs the Flyers). Geno needs Kunitz more than Sid at present, give BB some stints with Sid and if he needs more development then look at trade options.
Luckybreak
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins