Pens Points

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Pens Points

Postby llipgh2 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:29 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
llipgh2 wrote:What's the post game code tonight? Thanks.

Bowser taking pictures of his TV.

8-)
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby relantel on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:33 pm

llipgh2 wrote:What's the post game code tonight? Thanks.

Not even sure if there is a postgame code for road games?
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby llipgh2 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:35 pm

Well that stinks.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby csmith6svc on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:50 pm

There's no post game code because there is no post game to attend. the post game code is for attending the post game after home games
csmith6svc

Postby JeffDFD on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:52 pm

So it appears that 5 point code wont always be there. They said it was based on the host or something maybe? I could have gotten everyone the 25 pt code earlier, but the connection want so great and we had some trouble with the code...and it also is for the nights contest so that may ruin things if TONS of ppl who arent there are in the running for the code.

They definitely are monitoring it. I was talking with the Miller Lite Girls who said that the app people called and were wondering what was going on because not many ppl had scanned the code yet in the first period (bad weather, place wasnt too crowded, people took their time scanning the code because it was sitting by Tim Benz or whatever). So that could be an issue moving forward...especially if you win (the giveaway is based on who scanned the app). They may shut things down if tons of ppl scan and only 10 ppl are at the event. I wonder if it is the same code each night because they qr code was on a nice laminated display sheet and it was being passed around by the miller lite girls. So it isnt like I could just walk up and take a pic of the code and post it...they were holding the card and I had to scan it to get pts...(I pretented it was having trouble scanning while my buddy took a pic...haha).

Then it took a while for him to send the picture to me...then I had to upload it to twitter...etc, etc...hence the delay. Who knows...try scanning the same thing Thursday and see if it works. At least you all got the 5 points.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby JeffDFD on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:03 am

ignore
Last edited by JeffDFD on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby CERV96 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 am

JeffDFD wrote:fyi

Spoiler:
I am deleting those tweets because that is the twitter connected to my penspoints app haha!

Yeah I downloaded the photobucket app on my phone so I can post the code if possible. The wifi and data service sux in there for me.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Guido on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:20 am

I don't see what they could do to make it more iron clad. We're playing by their rules. Maybe make it so only Western PA residents can be eligible?

It's an excellent program and it definitely gets fans back and active. If people are going through the trouble to look online for what the key words to enter are or to get a QR code here or there, are they not being dedicated? Isn't that the point of the program, anyways?
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:21 am

Guido wrote:I don't see what they could do to make it more iron clad. We're playing by their rules. Maybe make it so only Western PA residents can be eligible?

It's an excellent program and it definitely gets fans back and active. If people are going through the trouble to look online for what the key words to enter are or to get a QR code here or there, are they not being dedicated? Isn't that the point of the program, anyways?

Then what do you for the out-of-town fans who are left out of the loop?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Guido on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:46 am

MRandall25 wrote:
Guido wrote:I don't see what they could do to make it more iron clad. We're playing by their rules. Maybe make it so only Western PA residents can be eligible?

Then what do you for the out-of-town fans who are left out of the loop?

I didn't mean out of towners are not loyal and are undeserving of free and glorious riches.

I meant that limiting the program geographically would be their only move if they're unsatisfied with how the public is using the app. They kind of already have since you have to go to a Pens Gear store in Pittsburgh to redeem the voucher for shirts/hats.

I believe if a Pens fan anywhere is loyal enough to get the codes, they are deserving of the rewards.
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby JoseCuervo on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:54 am

We're pens fans on a penguins message board. We deserve points just for that.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Beech_is_God on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:34 am

Talking with a friend who was speaking with the PensPoints twitter people on Twitter. She's an out of town fan and was upset when she read the terms of service that you had to redeem vouchers for t-shirts, etc. at PensGear. Looking through the PensPoints twitter now, someone said:

@PensPoints My prizes will be mailed to me, even if I live outside of Pittsburgh, right? So if I win a Tshirt, it will be mailed to me?

And they replied "yep." So it looks like the terms are wrong. I guess they'll email you for your size and what player you want if you win something like a t-shirt jersey? I'm assuming the 400 point shirt is all one size like game giveaways ones are.
Beech_is_God
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:31 am

Beech_is_God wrote:Talking with a friend who was speaking with the PensPoints twitter people on Twitter. She's an out of town fan and was upset when she read the terms of service that you had to redeem vouchers for t-shirts, etc. at PensGear. Looking through the PensPoints twitter now, someone said:

@PensPoints My prizes will be mailed to me, even if I live outside of Pittsburgh, right? So if I win a Tshirt, it will be mailed to me?

And they replied "yep." So it looks like the terms are wrong. I guess they'll email you for your size and what player you want if you win something like a t-shirt jersey? I'm assuming the 400 point shirt is all one size like game giveaways ones are.

Are the terms wrong or is the person running twitter wrong?
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Admin on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:27 am

They seem pretty clear on Twitter that all prizes are mailed and they are able to remove all points and prizes when fraud is suspected.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:33 am

Admin wrote:They seem pretty clear on Twitter that all prizes are mailed and they are able to remove all points and prizes when fraud is suspected.

Like being a season ticket holder from LA? LOL.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby llipgh2 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:43 am

csmith6svc wrote:There's no post game code because there is no post game to attend. the post game code is for attending the post game after home games

I thought the code was just given out over the post game broadcast. I go to the games, never listen to the broadcasts. Didn't know you had to attend anything, I was assuming people just listened to it.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:44 am

What is the post game thing that you can attend?

I have given up on doing this. I'm not interested in thinking about codes during a broadcast.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:04 am

Idoit40fans wrote:What is the post game thing that you can attend?

I have given up on doing this. I'm not interested in thinking about codes during a broadcast.

It is in the Lexus Club.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby IanMoran on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:11 am

Kovy27 wrote:
Admin wrote:They seem pretty clear on Twitter that all prizes are mailed and they are able to remove all points and prizes when fraud is suspected.

I know someone from Upper St. Claire that got a prize / used his friends season ticket thing (he isn't one)... So I guess they aren't checking if in area, but yea.. us from out-of-state may end up not getting anything. I knew I should have used my parent's address
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby SalmonMan87 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:52 am

I noticed that when I was entering the code from my Icetime last game that the PensPOints app turned on the location services on my iPhone. You think they could determine if you are at a game by GPS'ing your location when you scan the code? I turned off my location for the app in my settings just in case...Anyone else notice this?
SalmonMan87

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:01 pm

It seems like they didn't really think this through in terms of those people who can gain the most rewards are season ticket holders.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:02 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:It seems like they didn't really think this through in terms of those people who can gain the most rewards are season ticket holders.

Why shouldn't the STH gain the most points?
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SalmonMan87 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:10 pm

The STHs obviously have the best chance of winning the prize for the month of Feb because they were spotted 100pts (compared to 25 for waiting list members). After that it should be even because non-STH could either go to individual games or the Miller lite events. Add that to the IceTime codes you can get online and I think it ends up being pretty fair. I'm a waiting list member and I'm on pace to get to the sweatshirt easily - no chance of the jersey - if I pay attention. Heck, if you check this board every night after the game you're in for 30pts a home game at the minimum. Get some 7up for free, get some free Pens stuff...I'm in!
SalmonMan87

Postby relantel on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:28 pm

IanMoran wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:

I know someone from Upper St. Claire that got a prize / used his friends season ticket thing (he isn't one)... So I guess they aren't checking if in area, but yea.. us from out-of-state may end up not getting anything. I knew I should have used my parent's address

Perhaps - but it is certainly possible to have an out of area address as a STH - we were one for 3 seasons coming out of the 05 lockout. So they couldn't exclude simply based on that fact alone. Now, if they cross-referenced with their STH database....
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JoseCuervo on Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:09 pm

I'm a STH who flies up for every home game. :pop:

That kind of loyalty should be rewarded with free 7up.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins