Pens Points

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Pens Points

Postby frs12771 on Fri May 17, 2013 7:24 am

frs12771

Postby PAPLine on Fri May 17, 2013 7:33 am

BornAgainPenguin wrote:I wanted to post the free 47 hat I got today at the PensGear store inside Consol. Looks like a nice vintage style hat. I was expecting the other ones people have been posting but got this instead.

I'm picking mine up tonight, and I hope they have this one. I like it better.
PAPLine
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby PAPLine on Fri May 17, 2013 7:34 am

frs12771 wrote:5/17 Trib Code: http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y38 ... cf3466.jpg

Let's go Pens!!!

Thanks, the first 5 of 110.
PAPLine
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Candleonwater on Fri May 17, 2013 7:44 am

Stupid question, but please humor me... where at Consol do I go to pick up my swag? Bringing my daughter in for the game, and thought I might round up all this stuff while there.

And all of my sodas? Anywhere BUT Consol?
Candleonwater
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby pcmforless on Fri May 17, 2013 7:50 am

Candleonwater wrote:Stupid question, but please humor me... where at Consol do I go to pick up my swag? Bringing my daughter in for the game, and thought I might round up all this stuff while there.

Good question actually. Go to the main PensGear store to pick up your goodies. The first TShirt and the Hats they keep under the counter so you just get it in line and show them the cards. For the name and number Tshirt you pick one off the rack and then take it up to the counter with your redemption card. For the Sodas (I can tell you have been away from western PA for a while or you would have called it POP :) ) we redeem them at Sheetz.
pcmforless
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Kovy27 on Fri May 17, 2013 7:52 am

Candleonwater wrote:Stupid question, but please humor me... where at Consol do I go to pick up my swag? Bringing my daughter in for the game, and thought I might round up all this stuff while there.

Pens Gear has all your stuff.

Sodas at any store outside Consol that has them.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby CERV96 on Fri May 17, 2013 7:55 am

I haven't mentioned this in this thread before and thought I should now. It's good to see new people here on the board because of this. Thanks to all who is new and have helped other Pens fans achive their goals. I hope you all stick around once this is over. This can be a good place to talk hockey as well(for the most part).
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Candleonwater on Fri May 17, 2013 8:22 am

LOL, I thought about that as I typed the word!

PensGear is the big store near the entrance with the Mario statue?

I have to figure out how I'm going to get out of there without spending a FORTUNE! My daughter is "feuding" with a teacher...he's an Islanders fan. While at a bagel shop this morning, he walked in wearing an Islanders shirt. She just said "damn, I knew I should have worn my Crosby shirt today!".

This is going to be a LONG day. Coming in just for the game, and leaving right after, so I'm trying to map everything out. We are sitting in section 120, what food options are near that section? Trying to decide if we're going to just grab a bite to eat at the game, or go to TGIFridays to redeem the 20% off we got from Pens Predictor...

pcmforless wrote:Good question actually. Go to the main PensGear store to pick up your goodies. The first TShirt and the Hats they keep under the counter so you just get it in line and show them the cards. For the name and number Tshirt you pick one off the rack and then take it up to the counter with your redemption card. For the Sodas (I can tell you have been away from western PA for a while or you would have called it POP :) ) we redeem them at Sheetz.
Candleonwater
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby pittnuke on Fri May 17, 2013 8:41 am

Candleonwater wrote:LOL, I thought about that as I typed the word!

PensGear is the big store near the entrance with the Mario statue?

I have to figure out how I'm going to get out of there without spending a FORTUNE! My daughter is "feuding" with a teacher...he's an Islanders fan. While at a bagel shop this morning, he walked in wearing an Islanders shirt. She just said "damn, I knew I should have worn my Crosby shirt today!".

This is going to be a LONG day. Coming in just for the game, and leaving right after, so I'm trying to map everything out. We are sitting in section 120, what food options are near that section? Trying to decide if we're going to just grab a bite to eat at the game, or go to TGIFridays to redeem the 20% off we got from Pens Predictor...

pcmforless wrote:Good question actually. Go to the main PensGear store to pick up your goodies. The first TShirt and the Hats they keep under the counter so you just get it in line and show them the cards. For the name and number Tshirt you pick one off the rack and then take it up to the counter with your redemption card. For the Sodas (I can tell you have been away from western PA for a while or you would have called it POP :) ) we redeem them at Sheetz.

pop codes also good at sunoco, getgo, and giant eagle. never had a problem redeeming at those locations. also here is a great guide you can print for food at consol http://consol-dev.s3.amazonaws.com/doc/2012-2013_Dining_Guide.pdf and here is good map of the layout of consol http://www.consolenergycenter.com/consol_energy_center/entrance_gates

have fun at the game. wish i was there. i hope i can hit the big screen tonight though!
pittnuke

Postby PAPLine on Fri May 17, 2013 8:58 am

CERV96 wrote:I haven't mentioned this in this thread before and thought I should now. It's good to see new people here on the board because of this. Thanks to all who is new and have helped other Pens fans achive their goals. I hope you all stick around once this is over. This can be a good place to talk hockey as well(for the most part).

To be honest, I had never heard of this site before. As you noted, it is a great site for hockey talk. Does it carry on into the summer? I see it has been around for quite a while.
Last edited by PAPLine on Fri May 17, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PAPLine
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri May 17, 2013 9:01 am

Definitely still active in the summer.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Candleonwater on Fri May 17, 2013 9:54 am

hit the big screen?

I think the first game we went to, Pens Points had just begun, and I remember being bummed when the code in the program didn't work for me... it was too late, I was sitting at the hotel skimming through it.

My daughter really wants to know, do they give out rally towels at every game? She's going to be bummed BIG time if she doesn't get a towel... even if it means I have to buy one somewhere. Still have 3 Islanders towels stuffed in my purse. Should be good for wiping up a mess somewhere. We did notice, at the Caps game last Friday night - they give NOTHING away. It's been pretty obvious for a while that they don't care about the fans.

pittnuke wrote:have fun at the game. wish i was there. i hope i can hit the big screen tonight though!
Candleonwater
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby PAPLine on Fri May 17, 2013 10:06 am

Candleonwater wrote:hit the big screen?

I think the first game we went to, Pens Points had just begun, and I remember being bummed when the code in the program didn't work for me... it was too late, I was sitting at the hotel skimming through it.

My daughter really wants to know, do they give out rally towels at every game? She's going to be bummed BIG time if she doesn't get a towel... even if it means I have to buy one somewhere. Still have 3 Islanders towels stuffed in my purse. Should be good for wiping up a mess somewhere. We did notice, at the Caps game last Friday night - they give NOTHING away. It's been pretty obvious for a while that they don't care about the fans.

pittnuke wrote:have fun at the game. wish i was there. i hope i can hit the big screen tonight though!

The Penguins set up a Big TV Screen in the parking lot next to Consol so that people who can't get tickets can congregate and watch the game. I think it drew more fans on Tuesday than the Pirates.
PAPLine
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri May 17, 2013 10:09 am

Oh I thought they did it to completely ruin traffic. Fortunately it doesn't work. Muhahaha.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Candleonwater on Fri May 17, 2013 10:21 am

Which parking lot, and how do I avoid that area? Last time we came up, we parked in a lot on 5th, this still work? I figure, barring any traffic, we should hit downtown around 5:30...

PAPLine wrote:
Candleonwater wrote:The Penguins set up a Big TV Screen in the parking lot next to Consol so that people who can't get tickets can congregate and watch the game. I think it drew more fans on Tuesday than the Pirates.
Candleonwater
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby PAPLine on Fri May 17, 2013 10:39 am

Candleonwater wrote:Which parking lot, and how do I avoid that area? Last time we came up, we parked in a lot on 5th, this still work? I figure, barring any traffic, we should hit downtown around 5:30...

PAPLine wrote:
Candleonwater wrote:The Penguins set up a Big TV Screen in the parking lot next to Consol so that people who can't get tickets can congregate and watch the game. I think it drew more fans on Tuesday than the Pirates.

It's an outdoor parking lot near where the old Civic Arena was, on the opposite side of Consol from Fifth Ave. You shouldn't have any traffic problems.
PAPLine
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby dietz on Fri May 17, 2013 12:21 pm

Candleonwater wrote:hit the big screen?

they give towels out at the big screen before game and the gates entering for game (fan zone and lets go pens) have cool stuff at big screen for her to see before game...have fun
dietz
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby sj? on Fri May 17, 2013 12:58 pm

TGIFriday's may not be an option .. 5:30 before a game on a Friday ..there will be at least an hour wait .. :(
sj?
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Fri May 17, 2013 1:04 pm

sj? wrote:This is going to be a LONG day. Coming in just for the game, and leaving right after, so I'm trying to map everything out. We are sitting in section 120, what food options are near that section? Trying to decide if we're going to just grab a bite to eat at the game, or go to TGIFridays to redeem the 20% off we got from Pens Predictor...

TGIFriday's may not be an option .. 5:30 before a game on a Friday ..there will be at least an hour wait .. :(

Directly in front of 120, there's a "Classics" (nachos, hot dogs, etc), a Pizza Hut (pizza, chicken fingers, etc), and a Primanti's station. There's more if you venture around the lower concourse (which is nice to do to kill time if you're getting there at 5:30).
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pghsports on Fri May 17, 2013 1:05 pm

Add Rite-Aid to the list of vendors that accept PensPoints vouchers. The elderly clerk seemed confused by the vouchers but her manager looked to be under 30 and was in the program herself, so I had no issues.

The elderly clerk's name was, of all things, Loretta. Evidently her manager never told Loretta to...look out...for these vouchers.

Don't worry, I won't ever do that again. :D
Pghsports
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby phab3k on Fri May 17, 2013 1:52 pm

add gas stations in Utah as places that accept them, one guy (a Sharks fan) thought it was awesome. They just treat them as manufacturer coupons.
phab3k

Postby beLIEve on Fri May 17, 2013 2:23 pm

Does anyone know how much they are CHARGING to watch on the BIG SCREEN tonight?
beLIEve
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Spum on Fri May 17, 2013 2:54 pm

Huh, worked here at Station Square. Wonder how big the GPS area is...
Spum
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby PAPLine on Fri May 17, 2013 3:09 pm

Spum wrote:Huh, worked here at Station Square. Wonder how big the GPS area is...

It worked in my office on Sixth Ave, too. Surprised it's out this early.
PAPLine
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby rlnst6 on Fri May 17, 2013 3:29 pm

Spum wrote:Huh, worked here at Station Square. Wonder how big the GPS area is...

I know one night at Latitude 40 it said I needed to be there to scan. My location on Google maps was at Sam's Club.

Maybe it is a little bigger around Consol.
rlnst6

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins