Pens Points

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Pens Points

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:21 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:It seems like they didn't really think this through in terms of those people who can gain the most rewards are season ticket holders.

Why shouldn't the STH gain the most points?

it depends on what the goal of the program is. is the goal to be a little pat on the back for being a STH getting to go on a road trip or is the goal for us in the hoi polloi to have an opportunity to attend a game or two?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby csmith6svc on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:10 pm

llipgh2 wrote:
csmith6svc wrote:There's no post game code because there is no post game to attend. the post game code is for attending the post game after home games

I thought the code was just given out over the post game broadcast. I go to the games, never listen to the broadcasts. Didn't know you had to attend anything, I was assuming people just listened to it.

there's two different codes, one for listening to the radio broadcast, 5 points, the broadcast includes the post game. and a separate code for attending the post game show, 10 points, which is in the Lexus club after home games.
csmith6svc

Postby Pens877118 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:06 pm

jbrown wrote:Hello everyone, I'm new here so I'll have to play catch up.
There are apps out there called location spoofer that if you're worried you can put your location as the stadium in you're worried about that them turning your gps on . I use the app on my droid, not 100% if the iPhone has it. Also on a side note, you have to think the Penguins knew this would happen and they prolly don't care. So people get a free pop every know and then, a shirt, and maybe a hat. They obviously get someone to sponsor the pop so they don't pay for it and for the shirt and hat, gotta be pretty cheap and they may also have a sponsor for that. I don't think they will do anything drastic this year because I truly beleive they don't care enough. Now grated during the off-season they will have plenty of time to make changes, which I think they will, but for now I think we're okay. I used a season ticket scan code and I live in Buffalo, NY, now I also acquired the season ticket waiting list code that I can post in here if people would like that, its 25 points. I haven't used it yet tho because if you scan the season ticket one then the season waiting list it will attract unwanted interest.

Can you post the waiting list code?
Pens877118

Postby rlnst6 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:28 pm

Can you post the 25 point pic here so we can try scanning it on Thursday?

JeffDFD wrote:So it appears that 5 point code wont always be there. They said it was based on the host or something maybe? I could have gotten everyone the 25 pt code earlier, but the connection want so great and we had some trouble with the code...and it also is for the nights contest so that may ruin things if TONS of ppl who arent there are in the running for the code.

They definitely are monitoring it. I was talking with the Miller Lite Girls who said that the app people called and were wondering what was going on because not many ppl had scanned the code yet in the first period (bad weather, place wasnt too crowded, people took their time scanning the code because it was sitting by Tim Benz or whatever). So that could be an issue moving forward...especially if you win (the giveaway is based on who scanned the app). They may shut things down if tons of ppl scan and only 10 ppl are at the event. I wonder if it is the same code each night because they qr code was on a nice laminated display sheet and it was being passed around by the miller lite girls. So it isnt like I could just walk up and take a pic of the code and post it...they were holding the card and I had to scan it to get pts...(I pretented it was having trouble scanning while my buddy took a pic...haha).

Then it took a while for him to send the picture to me...then I had to upload it to twitter...etc, etc...hence the delay. Who knows...try scanning the same thing Thursday and see if it works. At least you all got the 5 points.
rlnst6

Postby knives of ice on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:42 pm

no use posting the waiting list code - they made the waiting list and sth code invalid now. someone posted it on twitter and its invalid now i guess.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:59 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
Admin wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
Admin wrote:
JeffDFD wrote:The miller lite girls are the keepers of the 25 point code. Not sure if I can get pic

Just tell them you are netwolf.

Don't do that. You'll get banned from all bars and strip clubs in Pittsburgh.

Statute of limitations has to be up by now on his Southpointe bathroom destruction, no?

Depends on the destruction. If you know what I mean...

So many things wrong with this conversation. From suggesting dropping my name will get you anywhere to this alleged bathroom incident there is no proof of... it's all a bunch of hooey. Hooey I tells ya.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:03 pm

netwolf wrote:So many things wrong with this conversation. From suggesting dropping my name will get you anywhere to this alleged bathroom incident there is no proof of... it's all a bunch of hooey. Hooey I tells ya.

:fist: :pop:
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JeffDFD on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:02 am

I like the people signing up for this board solely for this thread and all their posts are in this thread...haha, we should get some kickbacks from Admin!

(please don't kick me)
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby JeffDFD on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:08 am

Has anyone received a 7up voucher or anything yet?
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Admin on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:00 am

JeffDFD wrote:I like the people signing up for this board solely for this thread and all their posts are in this thread...haha, we should get some kickbacks from Admin!

Do you like 7Up? :lol:
Admin
Site Admin

Postby JeffDFD on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:14 pm

Admin wrote:
JeffDFD wrote:I like the people signing up for this board solely for this thread and all their posts are in this thread...haha, we should get some kickbacks from Admin!

Do you like 7Up? :lol:

JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby WHITEY1 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:20 pm

I like 7-Up N Cider
WHITEY1
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby CERV96 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:52 pm

Anyone else heading to Latitude 40 tonight? Looks like I will be lone wolfing this one.

#foreveralone
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby topshelf66 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:05 pm

I know that soon the Ice Time code will be Geo-Coded so that you will have to be at Consol to scan it.

7-up is a terrific prize. The voucher is also good other DPSG items like Canada Dry, Sunkist and A&W,
topshelf66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:22 pm

topshelf66 wrote:I know that soon the Ice Time code will be Geo-Coded so that you will have to be at Consol to scan it.

7-up is a terrific prize. The voucher is also good other DPSG items like Canada Dry, Sunkist and A&W,

1. How confident are you in your first sentence?

2. The 7up voucher works for Dr. Pepper, too?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby topshelf66 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:37 pm

1. Absolutely but the timing depends on some wi-fi / 4G correction issues.
2. It does not work for Dr Pepper.
topshelf66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:44 pm

Both of those are extremely disappointing to me :(
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:23 pm

CERV96 wrote:Anyone else heading to Latitude 40 tonight? Looks like I will be lone wolfing this one.

#foreveralone

If it wasn't 45 min from my pad, I'd meet ya there.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby topshelf66 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:26 pm

Can't control the first.

PM me your address and i will send you a coupon for Free Dr Pepper the next time i order some.
topshelf66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:34 pm

topshelf66 wrote:Can't control the first.

PM me your address and i will send you a coupon for Free Dr Pepper the next time i order some.

Haha thanks, but I'm good with the Dr Pepper. I just figured if they were giving out the 7up products voucher, Dr Pepper would be included, since they're part of the same conmpany.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby cdem3 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:03 pm

Has anyone else lost any PensPoints recently??? Lost 120 since I was on Tuesday night?!?!
cdem3

Postby Loaf31 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:10 pm

topshelf66 wrote:I know that soon the Ice Time code will be Geo-Coded so that you will have to be at Consol to scan it.

I don't know how they can do this, considering that the CEC is where cell service goes to die
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Odie on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:31 pm

Radio code is holding.
Odie

Postby relantel on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:33 pm

"Holding"
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner