Pens Points

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Pens Points

Postby The Colonel on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:10 pm

I think that is a load of crap. Nowhere on there does it say it needs to be used in the Pittsburgh area. I take that coupon as sort of a cutout coupon in newspapers.....no different. Penspoint card just like any cutout newspaper coupon is good at not just ( for example ) Walmart, but can be used at target...grocery storees. I just can't see where they can turn it away unless I am missing something. I would keep searching and complaing and then when some says you can use it....go out to your car and get all the rest and turn them all in there. That is just nuts. Sorry you have to deal with that.
The Colonel
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Crankshaft on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:14 pm

It's free, right?
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Candleonwater on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:33 pm

Hadn't thought about trying a grocery store or target. Might even try it down here in Virginia. Not really losing much sleep over the sodas.

Can't wait to see what the new FULL season brings.
Candleonwater
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby The Colonel on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:38 pm

I know Crankshaft is right.....but still sucks. Try the stores too. They all accept manufacturers coupons...and if they say no....ask for the manager there too...and then say isn't the customer always right? Haha

Really though...try that too. Just don't see how it is any different then any newspaper coupon. Its not like RC Cola wont reimburse for it.
The Colonel
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby topshelf66 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:28 pm

It is my coupon and it is redeemable anyplace that sells our products.

Any chain store should take it without issue. An independent carry out owner does have the right not to accept the coupon and there are some out there that wont mess with them. They likely have been burned by counterfiet coupons in the past.

The PensPoins program is pretty well known in Western PA. I could see a carry out owner out of state maybe raising an eyebrow (two if he has them) because the look of the coupon is different than most manufacturer coupons.

I hope you can redeem them at major chains in your area. We are looking at doing FREE 6pk 500ml with this seasons program. This package is pretty much only handled at grocery stores so there should be fewer coupon issues.

Thank you
topshelf66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Me909388 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:29 pm

With the drink coupons. I took them to the Kennedy Shop N Save in Kenmwar Plaza in Mckees Rocks. They accepeted them without any questions asked ( the one young cashier actually said to me " do you want these back?")

I redeemed my clothing coupons today and at the CEC. Just picked a name&number shirt off of the racks and the cashier will give you the hoodie,hat and great day for hockey tshirt because they are all behind the counter.
Me909388

Postby BurghThing on Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:09 pm

JeffDFD wrote:
Sms75 wrote:Ok I went down to Consol at 2 this afternoon. the store was busier than I thought it would be but only 5-6 people were there. I showed the cashier my voucher and he said I could get any player jersey (except Lemieux) I wanted. I then said the voucher said I could get a custom jersey. He said I could get a custom if I wanted one. I said I did want a custom. So he went and got another staff member who took care of me. They have jerseys up to size XXXXL! (4XL)

Here is my jersey I had my name and birth year put on it.

The store was very well stocked and they seem to have lots of product available. Overall it was a good day and the whole trip went well.

No Mario? Wonder why. You should have just asked for a custom jersey with 66 and the last name Lemieux on it. If they say no say you are a Claude fan and were born in/fav number is 66. Or maybe get 66 and a nickname of his.

Just picked my jersey up today. Was planning on getting a Dupuis, but the only selections were away, and I'm way too much of a slob for a white jersey. On the next wall were the Lemieux jerseys, same style, same price, so I picked out the size I wanted and they let me have it, no problem.
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kovy27 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:48 pm

I would have asked for a personalized Dupuis jersey...since that's what the certificate gives you. I'm going today to cash in my jersey voucher.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Candleonwater on Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:26 pm

It was SO nice to be inside PensGear on a non game day!!!!! Got the last of my gear today (okay, my daughter got the last of her gear), and helped a friend of my daughters get hers. Selection on the name shirts was a bit weak... especially size small, but she was able to find something.

I'm in trouble here guys... took her to tour Duquesne... she LOVED it... guess I'm going to be broke for the next 4 years or so!
Candleonwater
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Kovy27 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:34 pm

Kovy27 wrote:I would have asked for a personalized Dupuis jersey...since that's what the certificate gives you. I'm going today to cash in my jersey voucher.

So, if you want a personalized jersey and want it stitched, you may want to go down now and order it. Because it takes 2+ weeks and they don't accept the voucher until the jersey is there...which would put it into Sept and expired.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:40 pm

I have like 12 pop vouchers and a player shirt voucher I need to use by Friday... crap
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:43 am

Kovy27 wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:I would have asked for a personalized Dupuis jersey...since that's what the certificate gives you. I'm going today to cash in my jersey voucher.

So, if you want a personalized jersey and want it stitched, you may want to go down now and order it. Because it takes 2+ weeks and they don't accept the voucher until the jersey is there...which would put it into Sept and expired.

lulz.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JeffDFD on Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:32 pm

FYI, when I went and got my jersey...they didnt have what I wanted in the store - someone went to another area to get it for me (storage or another store area in the arena maybe?)
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pcmforless on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:15 pm

JeffDFD wrote:FYI, when I went and got my jersey...they didnt have what I wanted in the store - someone went to another area to get it for me (storage or another store area in the arena maybe?)

I didn't know they had more in the back. I wanted a Scuderi jersey but they didn't have my size. SO, I got them to do a custom one in my size and the kids talked me into having it customized to say THE PIECE instead of getting SCUDERI on the back so I went with that and I think it looks good.
pcmforless
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:47 pm

Do they have the former pens jersey t's on sale yet at pens gear? My zigomanis, laraque, ruutu, eaton (score) and scuderi (score x2) need company
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pcmforless on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:07 pm

I didn't check out the pricing, but I did see groupings of former pens jerseys in what looked to be a clearance area. I didn't get to check out the jersey t's to see if they had. I should have though as my wife's son loves the former player t's (Goligoski, Staal, Lovejoy, Letestu are just some of his clearance purchases)
pcmforless
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby The Colonel on Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:43 pm

A few weeks ago I know the Pensgear on the Southside had jerseys for sale of former Pens. They had a few authentic (regulary $385) Kennedy jerseys for $135. Probably have a better selection at Consol.
The Colonel
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby topshelf66 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:05 pm

Starting in October, our 20oz sodas and water will have 10 Pens Points under each cap.
topshelf66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby GSdrums87 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:00 pm

And cap theft in the Consol runs rampant.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby BurghThing on Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:48 am

10 points for each drink? Good thing I got a jersey this year, thinking inflation is going to make them a million points this season.
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pcmforless on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:28 am

BurghThing wrote:10 points for each drink? Good thing I got a jersey this year, thinking inflation is going to make them a million points this season.

Agreed. I wish the drink points came from something other than RC products, I really don't care for their drinks much. I think I still have free drink coupons left as even for free, I don't always choose their products over something I have to pay for.
That being said, I do appreciate the support of this program and then PENS.
pcmforless
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby topshelf66 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:04 am

I believe there will be some inflation due to a full season vs a shortened season.

Also, this year there is going to be a store when you can spend your points how you like. There will still be free drink rewards which will be a bonus and not actually cost you points.

So for instance, if you want the jersey, you can save your points rather than spending them on a t-shirt...
topshelf66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby relantel on Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:21 pm

Don't think I'll get up there Saturday to redeem these in time. Oh well.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby CERV96 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:55 am

I used my jersey to give to someone as a gift and it ended up being the wrong size. All the tags are still on it and all. I wonder if I can exchange it? Guess I will just call and see.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby relantel on Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:13 pm

anyone locally want to do me a favor? I've got two hats, two name/number shirts and 1 sweatshirt voucher to redeem. (I lost track of the 400 shirt one some time ago, and the extra 1200 one is my parents - not sure what she did with her 400 and 800 ones). If I can't find someone, I'll chalk it up to "oh well", nothing really lost since it was a free program anyway.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins