Pens Points

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Pens Points

Postby SalmonMan87 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:56 am

Ya, I definitely think they need to work a lot of the kinks out. I'd bet a new ML code is out tomorrow...
SalmonMan87

Postby duquesnejoe on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:58 am

So I got a decent email reply and learned this:

1. Anyone who is not 21 is not eligible to scan any ML codes (they had us give DOB when registering)
2. No longer "warning" people and will just roll back to 0 or delete acct
3. There will now be new ML event codes and that, while others may appear active, they are not "legal within the TOS"

All this for a free 7up
duquesnejoe

Postby JeffDFD on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:03 pm

It says right in the app and everywhere else...10 pts a game for concession...10 for merch. If you could get one for each purchase, there would be an infinite amount of points and people would abuse it. Instead of 1 person buying a few things for his group, he would either split each transaction up or everyone would go stand in line to get separate codes. People would be digging through the trash to get receipts and pestering others for their receipts.

I do agree that a jersey should get more than a tshirt in points...but still...1 code a day/game is the best way to go.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby JeffDFD on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:05 pm

SalmonMan87 wrote:Ya, I definitely think they need to work a lot of the kinks out. I'd bet a new ML code is out tomorrow...

Im planning on being there...anyone else going?
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:07 pm

JeffDFD wrote:It says right in the app and everywhere else...10 pts a game for concession...10 for merch. If you could get one for each purchase, there would be an infinite amount of points and people would abuse it. Instead of 1 person buying a few things for his group, he would either split each transaction up or everyone would go stand in line to get separate codes. People would be digging through the trash to get receipts and pestering others for their receipts.

I do agree that a jersey should get more than a tshirt in points...but still...1 code a day/game is the best way to go.

I don't think anyone will get to the jersey level this season.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JeffDFD on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:11 pm

I am curious as to how the points will work out next year. With more point opportunities, will it take significantly more to unlock rewards?
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:13 pm

JeffDFD wrote:I am curious as to how the points will work out next year. With more point opportunities, will it take significantly more to unlock rewards?

I would assume there might be more giveaways, as well.

Shirts nice.
Hoodie would be awesome.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spum on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:51 pm

Yeah the jersey isn't going to happen. Using every code left I'm seeing 1250 available points. Unless they get really generous with the Facebook and Twitter codes or continue into the playoffs it's impossible.

The hoodie is the goal, but it will be hard.
Spum
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby SalmonMan87 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:04 pm

JeffDFD wrote:
SalmonMan87 wrote:Ya, I definitely think they need to work a lot of the kinks out. I'd bet a new ML code is out tomorrow...

Im planning on being there...anyone else going?

I won't be at ML event tomorrow, but will be able to post IceTime codes for Sunday and Tuesday.
SalmonMan87

Postby SalmonMan87 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:18 pm

duquesnejoe wrote:So I got a decent email reply and learned this:

3. There will now be new ML event codes and that, while others may appear active, they are not "legal within the TOS"

All this for a free 7up

This means...DON'T USE THE EXISTING ML CODE THAT HAS BEEN POSTED...it might work, they might use it as a scare tactic...however risk losing all your points...hold out until someone snaps a photo of the new code
SalmonMan87

Postby Spum on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:38 pm

duquesnejoe wrote:3. There will now be new ML event codes and that, while others may appear active, they are not "legal within the TOS"

Yeah that reeks of BS scare tactics, but do you want to risk all your points?
Spum
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby JeffDFD on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:54 pm

Penspoints twitter said they are sending out the first batch of vouchers this week
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby llipgh2 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:38 pm

Kovy27 wrote:Can you buy a beer and a shirt and get the points? That's a good question.

Yes. I bought the jersey and concessions. Got points for each receipt.

However as you mentioned, when I bought coffee later, the receipt was declined. Told I had already entered concession points or something like that.

I know they are doing this because folks have been going around picking up random receipts and using them to pad their points. But it stinks when you legitimately buy something and can't used the receipt.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pghsports on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:00 pm

1. Anyone who is not 21 is not eligible to scan any ML codes (they had us give DOB when registering)

All this for a free 7up

Does this email apply only to the 25 point Miller Lite "event" code, the 5 point Miller Light wholesale code, or both?
Pghsports
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby duquesnejoe on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:48 pm

Pghsports wrote:

All this for a free 7up

Does this email apply only to the 25 point Miller Lite "event" code, the 5 point Miller Light wholesale code, or both?

Since the 5 pt wholesale code is all over twitter, I would stay away from that. I went back and read and he did write codes (plural). So, it looks like those 2 (5 and 25) are just bait right now to figure out who is using shared codes. :thumbdown:
duquesnejoe

Postby knives of ice on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:47 pm

may not be a good idea to update the android app, this new version says

GPS based code fencing enabled

i imagine they are trying to stop people not at games to scan the icetime code. i think it was already like that for miller lite from what i read on twitter.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:31 am

My app just updated automatically. When I opened it, I got the "searching for GPS" thing.

If I turn off GPS, does it affect anything?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby relantel on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:55 am

i saw this thread last night, and deselected the automatic update feature.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby freddyftbll on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:43 pm

I think im goin tonight...

Also, dont u think it will force u to update before accepting a scan?
freddyftbll

Postby Candleonwater on Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:34 pm

I see that I have an update waiting for me to load - from March 1... Not gonna do it until I have to... Now, how do I know if GPS tracking is turned on or off? I have an iphone...
Candleonwater
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby atkearns on Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:48 pm

Candleonwater wrote:I see that I have an update waiting for me to load - from March 1... Not gonna do it until I have to... Now, how do I know if GPS tracking is turned on or off? I have an iphone...

Here are GPS instructions for the iPhone
http://www.wikihow.com/Turn-off-GPS-on-the-iPhone

You can turn it on/off for all applications (Location Services On/Off switch) or individually by App (find PensPoints in the list).
atkearns
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby duquesnejoe on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:25 pm

Called LoyalTree support about the iPhone update and was told location privacy needs to be turned on for points to be considered valid. They appear to be stepping up their game. I asked what would happen if I left my privacy settings turned off and she didn't know...just taht I would not be eligible for any prizes.

She then asked for my username for penspoints so I hung up.
duquesnejoe

Postby atkearns on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:47 pm

duquesnejoe wrote:Called LoyalTree support about the iPhone update and was told location privacy needs to be turned on for points to be considered valid. They appear to be stepping up their game. I asked what would happen if I left my privacy settings turned off and she didn't know...just taht I would not be eligible for any prizes.

She then asked for my username for penspoints so I hung up.

atkearns
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby HockeyBurgh on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:12 pm

If you have a jailbroken iPhone or rooted android, there are a few apps that spoof your GPS location. Just a heads up to all who may not have known.
HockeyBurgh
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby HockeyBurgh on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:24 pm

Also, I would be surprised if they required GPS for the Icetime codes. Using it for the ML ones is undertandable but seems like overkill on the IT ones. Why is it an issue if I wait until I get home to scan my code, I get that they are trying to stop code sharing but seems to be more trouble than its worth considering the prizes.
HockeyBurgh
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins