EV GIVEAWAY MALKIN

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

EV GIVEAWAY MALKIN

Postby WHITEY1 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:44 am

With the harping on a guy not expected to score all that much like Kennedy when will everyone raise the bar and stop making excuses for malkin? He gives the puck up every game trying to do too much. He take unnecessary penalties constantly. He only has 2 more goals than Kennedy and a majority of his assists have come on the power play. I am just probably venting at this point after last night loss to Philly but all I said is true. Him and Orpik are not good this year to date.
WHITEY1
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: EV GIVEAWAY MALKIN

Postby Beveridge on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:00 am

WHITEY1 wrote:Him and Orpik are not good this year to date.

Where is this insanity of Orpik's play coming from?

Must be the ones who only turn the game on when they play Philly because he has been solid all year.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Easton on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:27 am

Could be better, for sure. I wouldn't say someone who's five points away from the scoring lead has not been good this year to date. He could definitely pick it up a notch or two though. /preparing for "Points don't tell the story."
Easton
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Penspal on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:35 am

Easton wrote:Could be better, for sure. I wouldn't say someone who's five points away from the scoring lead has not been good this year to date. He could definitely pick it up a notch or two though. /preparing for "Points don't tell the story."

Orpik's got a 3 game scoring streak to keep going, where is your head at? :lol:
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:45 am

I think I read as many posts about how no one ever calls out Malkin as I read posts about how bad Kennedy is. Thats ignoring the posts that actually call out Malkin. I think people notice...and magnify Malkin's giveaways and penalties.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby WHITEY1 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:01 am

I honestly think Orpik gives the puck up at least once a game for a prime scoring chance with a stupid play. Also if Kennedy had all the #1 PP time he would probably be higher in points also. Its not that hard to sit at the point and feed Neal all game. It primarily those assists on the PP that have him there (not that its a bad thing) in the standings, but do something right during even strength. We all know he can, but hasnt to this point in the season. Takes stupid penalties constantly becasue he wants to act tough and cross check after a lil whack and then stand there like he will do something. He needs to mature in that way I guess you can say.
WHITEY1
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kovy27 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:04 am

WHITEY1 wrote:I honestly think Orpik gives the puck up at least once a game for a prime scoring chance with a stupid play. Also if Kennedy had all the #1 PP time he would probably be higher in points also. Its not that hard to sit at the point and feed Neal all game. It primarily those assists on the PP that have him there (not that its a bad thing) in the standings, but do something right during even strength. We all know he can, but hasnt to this point in the season. Takes stupid penalties constantly becasue he wants to act tough and cross check after a lil whack and then stand there like he will do something. He needs to mature in that way I guess you can say.

TK wouldn't have more points. He would wait to take a shot, someone would block it, and it would go into the netting.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby WHITEY1 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:06 am

TOUCHE
WHITEY1
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kovy27 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:10 am

I honestly thought Malkin going after Couturier made the Pens wake up.

I thought Vokoun was terrible, Brooks had a bad game, and except for his goal, I thought TK was absolutely terrible.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby RisslingsMissingTeeth on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:23 am

So we're going to rip on Malkin's bad giveaways and not bring up the many times Sid passed up golden scoring chances in order to make an extremely stupid pass?

Someone needs to sit Sid down and show him game film and tell him to CUT IT OUT!
RisslingsMissingTeeth
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:25 am

Kovy27 wrote:I honestly thought Malkin going after Couturier made the Pens wake up.

I thought Vokoun was terrible, Brooks had a bad game, and except for his goal, I thought TK was absolutely terrible.

8 minutes of ice time. 1 goal scored. On the ice for 2 others. Terrible.

That makes a ton of sense.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:31 am

Idoit40fans wrote:I think I read as many posts about how no one ever calls out Malkin as I read posts about how bad Kennedy is. Thats ignoring the posts that actually call out Malkin. I think people notice...and magnify Malkin's giveaways and penalties.

I'm with this. Malkin on the powerplay has been equally huge this year. I don't think I haven't read too many posts in argument that he needs to be 100% better on even strength.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pfim on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:24 am

RisslingsMissingTeeth wrote:So we're going to rip on Malkin's bad giveaways and not bring up the many times Sid passed up golden scoring chances in order to make an extremely stupid pass?

Someone needs to sit Sid down and show him game film and tell him to CUT IT OUT!

Well, I don't know about all of that. Crosby seemed to have a jump in his step last night but his decision-making was poor.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby slappybrown on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:33 am

pfim wrote:
RisslingsMissingTeeth wrote:So we're going to rip on Malkin's bad giveaways and not bring up the many times Sid passed up golden scoring chances in order to make an extremely stupid pass?

Well, I don't know about all of that. Crosby seemed to have a jump in his step last night but his decision-making was poor.

I thought he was pretty average overall last night. He seemed to stay to the outside a bit too often. And I'm sure he'd like the 2 on 1 back.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby meow on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:01 am

I have an idea, let's neuter our most creative players. Let's yell at Crosby for trying to make some plays happen. Let's sit down Malkin and slap his wrists for turning it over. Crushing creativity is the best possible plan of action with this team. It worked out so well with Washington.
Last edited by meow on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Nizzy on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:16 am

Malone - Malkin - Sykora

Was the best line in the NHL for half a season that helped him with the Art Ross.

Kunitz - Malkin - Neal

Was the best line in the NHL for an entire season that helped him with the MVP and the Art Ross.

Talbot - Malkin - Fedotenko

Conn Smythe

He switched leagues in the middle of the season, different rink sizes, speeds, ton of factors. For every giveway he does 5 great things. He's been playing with 1 winger and 1 random warm body all season.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins