Malkin Skates

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Malkin Skates

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:54 am

Bioshock wrote:
BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:
Bioshock wrote:So, here we go all over again. I fully expect rumors of retirement and all sorts of crazy stuff if he's out the rest of the season.

Hell, i even remember callers on local radio saying Crosby is doomed and shouldn't play this season because he's only going to get killed out there.

I'm gonna go hide my head in the sand for the next 12 months.

This is directly related at you but I think the entire issue with Crosby was that the organization mangled it, from the diagnosis to the handling of the media. I mean if memory serves me correctly they even had Rossi taken off the beat because he asked too many obvious questions.

The Sid ordeal got to be pretty scary, he comes back after almost a year and has symptoms after playing a few games and not even taken hits. This after more than a handful of players missed a year, 2 years or didnt come back at all.

With Malkin, if it is just a concussion the handling of it, the reporting and even LGP comments will be fine. People just keep forgetting the reason the Sid Concussion Drama got out of control was because he had a broken neck.

Yeah, i have no doubt he will be fine but i just get a sick feeling from all the garbage that was out there and bad reporting from the Sid incident.

Agreed, I just meant more that the everyone remembers what a nightmare the Sid ordeal was and rightfully so. But it really was only a nightmare because they didnt catch the broken bone thing. The organization freaked out, all this misinformation, then secrecy, then anger at everyone like how dare they ask questions, he was skating, he wasnt, he is back, he is not up until the very end when they still never admitted he had a broken neck. From start to finish it was a mess.

If Geno has a concussion (no matter how long he will be out) it will be a much calmer situation. Unless, of course his symptoms are caused by something else.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Bioshock on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:58 am

Bioshock wrote:
Bioshock wrote:So, here we go all over again. I fully expect rumors of retirement and all sorts of crazy stuff if he's out the rest of the season.

Hell, i even remember callers on local radio saying Crosby is doomed and shouldn't play this season because he's only going to get killed out there.

This is directly related at you but I think the entire issue with Crosby was that the organization mangled it, from the diagnosis to the handling of the media. I mean if memory serves me correctly they even had Rossi taken off the beat because he asked too many obvious questions.

The Sid ordeal got to be pretty scary, he comes back after almost a year and has symptoms after playing a few games and not even taken hits. This after more than a handful of players missed a year, 2 years or didnt come back at all.

With Malkin, if it is just a concussion the handling of it, the reporting and even LGP comments will be fine. People just keep forgetting the reason the Sid Concussion Drama got out of control was because he had a broken neck.

Yeah, i have no doubt he will be fine but i just get a sick feeling from all the garbage that was out there and bad reporting from the Sid incident.

Agreed, I just meant more that the everyone remembers what a nightmare the Sid ordeal was and rightfully so. But it really was only a nightmare because they didnt catch the broken bone thing. The organization freaked out, all this misinformation, then secrecy, then anger at everyone like how dare they ask questions, he was skating, he wasnt, he is back, he is not up until the very end when they still never admitted he had a broken neck. From start to finish it was a mess.

If Geno has a concussion (no matter how long he will be out) it will be a much calmer situation. Unless, of course his symptoms are caused by something else.

Also, i wanna take this opportunity to apologize for my part in the previous concussion issue with Crosby and the misinformation that was out there. My source was legit but i'm not doing that again. Not contributing in any way to the mess that is sure to come. Sorry LGP's for all that stuff.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Penspal on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:02 am

No fault to the Panther's rookie Dman Gudbranson. Being strong is not a crime. Malkin must have seriously underestimated him attempting the skating move he was trying to make.

Pens should follow all established protocols and only allow Geno back when he passes the tests. Geno doesn't exude toughness, but he is tough.... Gumby Tough

Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby columbia on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:04 am

There was definitely nothing sketchy about it at all....just an unfortunate accident.
Those idiots in OTT should pay attention.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby Lesky on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:25 am

How many concussions did Malkin get in Russia? 2 or 3?
Lesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Shakes on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:43 am

So it begins.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby She'sTheFastest on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:49 am

What time is the hair cut? I will call the lighting operator at Sports Clips.
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby SolidSnake on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:50 am

There goes that trade with LA....
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pens2005 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:04 pm

He was playing like ass anyway. Let him take some time off and recover fully.

I'm not concerned one iota.

This team will be better for it in the long run.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Admin on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:08 pm

pens2005 wrote:This team will be better for it in the long run.

I don't know seems to me time is running short on keeping Crosby and Malkin in Pittsburgh...
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gaucho on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:08 pm

pens2005 wrote:

I don't even...
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Tico Rick on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:11 pm

I think Geno should take 3 or 4 years off just to make sure he's fully recovered.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby bringitonhome on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:13 pm

Lets wait to see what HCDB has to say before reading a tweet by rob rossi.
bringitonhome
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby skullman80 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:13 pm

pens2005 wrote:

The team is not better with Malkin on the sidelines. Even with him playing below his usual lofty standards.

That's just asinine.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:14 pm

Yohe's take... from the Trib site.

http://blog.triblive.com/chipped-ice/20 ... -symptoms/

Evgeni Malkin is experiencing concussion symptoms, including severe headache and mild disorientation, multiple sources confirmed Saturday.

Malkin was injured early in the third period of the Penguins’ win over Florida at Consol Energy Center on Friday.

He did not finish the game after sliding into the end-zone boards. The back of his head appeared to bounce off the boards, and Malkin’s neck snapped back in a seeming whiplash motion.

Malkin was slated for further medical evaluation Saturday, coach Dan Bylsma said after the game Friday night.

Malkin was not available for comment.

He is not expected to play against Tampa Bay at home on Sunday night, the sources said.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby penny lane on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:16 pm

^if i could "favorite" a post, it would be above.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Gaucho on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:17 pm

Guess the Sens organization and fans can rejoice.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pens2005 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:19 pm

skullman80 wrote:
pens2005 wrote:

He was playing like ass anyway. Let himself take some time off and recover fully.

The team is not better with Malkin on the sidelines. Even with him playing below his usual lofty standards.

That's just asinine.

They'll come together as a team as play much better.

Sorry, but geno has been atrocious this far in my opinion. Haven't liked the way he's played all season.

Just saying this team will rally around Sid and we will be a much better team for it.

You watch.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pens2005 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:23 pm

They'll be forced to play more of a system and it's time to come together.

I honestly think this adversity will help the team as a whole.

Sorry, just my opinion.

Not saying I want him out of the lineup, but sometimes things like this help bring a team together.

And it's not like thy are struggling in the standings.

We shall see. They'll get the second best nhl player back by playoff time and he'll be chomping at the bit.

Wish geno well, because he will be back.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Gaucho on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:25 pm

Didn't we have to deal with more than enough adversity the last few years?
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pitt87 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:25 pm

Mario shouldn't complain publicly, since he employs matt cooke, who is a far more frequent offender than the end boards... :pop:
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby count2infinity on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:28 pm

Well...now he can't turn the puck over.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Bioshock on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:45 pm

pens2005 wrote:
skullman80 wrote:
pens2005 wrote:

He was playing like ass anyway. Let himself take some time off and recover fully.

That's just asinine.

Sorry, but geno has been atrocious this far in my opinion. Haven't liked the way he's played all season.

Just saying this team will rally around Sid and we will be a much better team for it.

You watch.

THIS IS WHY i'm going to avoid this place for a while.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Shakes on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:56 pm

pens2005 wrote:
skullman80 wrote:
pens2005 wrote:

That's just asinine.

You watch.

I know what you're trying to say. I disagree completely, but I get it.

But you lose credibility with these statements. Atrocious? Really? At worst, you could say he's not up to his ridiculous standard from last season. He's freaking 9th in league scoring.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Beveridge on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:57 pm

As someone said in this thread or another, what person wouldn't have major headaches following that impact?

Leave him out tomorrow and I say leave him out on the road trip. See where we are in several days.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins