Beau Knows - Official LGP Worst Nickname ever

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Beau Knows - Official LGP Worst Nickname ever

Postby shafnutz05 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:34 am

Idoit40fans wrote:Can someone explain that nickname to me?

Once you get to a certain age, your body is going to start going through some natural changes. These may seem weird to you at first, but everyone goes through it.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:35 am

shafnutz05 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Can someone explain that nickname to me?

Once you get to a certain age, your body is going to start going through some natural changes. These may seem weird to you at first, but everyone goes through it.

I'm scared.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Tim Thomasen on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:52 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:I think the more annoying thing is it seems like they are trying to force a soundbite for every player when they score a goal. Mr. Kennedy doing TK's is good, but the bell ringing and the boxing announcer after Neal scores is just stupid. And dont they play the cookie monster for Cooke's goals? Dumb.

I don't mind them as I find the soundbites they use entertaining. Although they played a soundbyte (I think it was last year) after Michalek scored a goal of from Braveheart where a guy is screaming "Michalek" over and over. Didn't care for that one.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Postby columbia on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:00 pm

Tim Thomasen wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:I think the more annoying thing is it seems like they are trying to force a soundbite for every player when they score a goal. Mr. Kennedy doing TK's is good, but the bell ringing and the boxing announcer after Neal scores is just stupid. And dont they play the cookie monster for Cooke's goals? Dumb.

I don't mind them as I find the soundbites they use entertaining. Although they played a soundbyte (I think it was last year) after Michalek scored a goal of from Braveheart where a guy is screaming "Michalek" over and over. Didn't care for that one.

Granted, I'm not at the games....but I get the impression that they focus on the sensibilities of people < 25 for that sort of thing.
Turn the damn music down, can the gimmicks and just let people enjoy the game.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Tim Thomasen on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:10 pm

columbia wrote:
Tim Thomasen wrote:

Granted, I'm not at the games....but I get the impression that they focus on the sensibilities of people < 25 for that sort of thing.
Turn the damn music down, can the gimmicks and just let people enjoy the game.

And you don't think people can enjoy the game even with those soundbytes they use and the in game stuff the team uses? Would you rather have the Pens play nothing on the jumbotron and play nothing but organ music throughout the game? (actually that wouldn't be a bad idea since I like organ music played at a hockey game). Teams don't do that anymore.

Maybe that type of stuff doesn't bother me because i'm there simply to watch the my team play and I don't pay attention to how loud the music is or most of the stuff they put on the jumbotron outside of the soundclips, the are you ready Penguin and the pre game videos but the gimmicks and co don't bother me.

Now Ryan Mill, he bothers me and that will never change.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Postby columbia on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:16 pm

Organ music only?
Yes, please.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:20 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:And dont they play the cookie monster for Cooke's goals? Dumb.

Bite your tongue.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Tim Thomasen on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:22 pm

columbia wrote:Organ music only?
Yes, please.

Yeah but with our luck, the Pens will play a organ rendition of Cotton Eye Joe and Gangham Style and as a result ruin organ music for the rest of us.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby champeen on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:30 pm

Yes, please.

yep. x1000. someone posted a couple weeks ago about the volume of the music, rather than having the intended effect of pumping up the crowd, more 'pummels the crowd into submission', leaving them too exhausted to cheer and really just waiting for the few moments of quiet.

i haven't been to cec, but i know i feel exactly this when i go to texas stars (ahl) games.

also... have played in a very loud rock band for the last 20 years, so i am no stranger to volume. i just think the organ is classic and is perfect because the crowd can actually be louder than the music if it gets going.
champeen
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Tim Thomasen on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:40 pm

champeen wrote:
Yes, please.

yep. x1000. someone posted a couple weeks ago about the volume of the music, rather than having the intended effect of pumping up the crowd, more 'pummels the crowd into submission', leaving them too exhausted to cheer and really just waiting for the few moments of quiet.

i haven't been to cec, but i know i feel exactly this when i go to texas stars (ahl) games.

also... have played in a very loud rock band for the last 20 years, so i am no stranger to volume. i just think the organ is classic and is perfect because the crowd can actually be louder than the music if it gets going.

And not to mention, take the crowd element out of it for a second (which I agree with you), organ music is just great to hear at a hockey game (and at a Pirates game since they still play the organ songs Vince Lescheid used to play at games before he died). It's not over the top like when a team plays loud rock music and it's not annoying like when you hear Cotton Eye Joe played (a song I hate). It just goes well with a game.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby shafnutz05 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:51 pm

The only music I want to hear in an arena is that year's NHL video game soundtrack.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:55 pm

Mmmmm, The Kills - Cheap and Cheerful.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:02 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:And dont they play the cookie monster for Cooke's goals? Dumb.

Bite your tongue.

Sounds like something Cooke would get suspended for..
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sams_Dog on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:25 pm

BB King
The California Kid
Money
The Bomb
The Sundance Kid
The Beast
Flounder
Sams_Dog
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:34 pm

If he scores a goal in OT, it would be a beauness.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Froggy on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:35 pm

Higgs Beauson
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:37 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:If he scores a goal in OT, it would be a beauness.

71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Froggy on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:49 pm

Bilbeau Baggins
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby TwoSheds on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:53 pm

Need the organist! (Beauner)
TwoSheds
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby llipgh2 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:54 pm

Froggy wrote:Bilbeau Baggins

:lol: Does Beau have furry feet?
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby meecrofilm on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:03 pm

Tim Thomasen wrote:
champeen wrote:
Yes, please.

And not to mention, take the crowd element out of it for a second (which I agree with you), organ music is just great to hear at a hockey game (and at a Pirates game since they still play the organ songs Vince Lescheid used to play at games before he died). It's not over the top like when a team plays loud rock music and it's not annoying like when you hear Cotton Eye Joe played (a song I hate). It just goes well with a game.

For someone who likes to wooo, you somehow seem to be attuned to everything else that is aurally annoying about home games :pop:
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Tim Thomasen on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:27 pm

meecrofilm wrote:
Tim Thomasen wrote:
champeen wrote:
Yes, please.

For someone who likes to wooo, you somehow seem to be attuned to everything else that is aurally annoying about home games :pop:

I know. I just never liked Cotton Eye Joe. The song is overly annoying, played too many times at hockey games and whats worse is the people dancing around making huge asses out of themselves on the Jumbotron that are not little kids.

Same goes for the rock and dance music played at games. Just give me organ music played during games.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Rylan on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:11 pm

For the record, organ music will probably never happen again at Pens games.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins