Pens win 5-3
- Bennett gets his first on home ice (game winner!), very nice. Thrilled to see the drama unfold and the look on his face
- Crosby, Sutter, Vitale all step up in Malkin's absence (Joe 8-1 on face offs, the rest < 50%)
- Pens start another game with early goal. It has been very key factor to the success this year
- Pens stuck to the game plan - played physical on a smaller, tired TB team/players, wore them down
- Another Pplay goal. However, its the effort pre-play which sets up the Powerplays that deserves MOAR credit
- Vitale vs Hall - what a battle!!!! Sometimes the light middleweights really entertain. I was scared that one of them would land one of those crazy swings...
- Despres is finding his legs, a little quicker plays on "in close battles" will only further solidify his game
- Has anyone seen stats on blown leads this year? Its not just the Pens, honestly....
- The ice at Mellon does not appear to be great (was it a factor on Malkin's tumble into the boards???)
- Favorite play of the nite - Sid's faceoff win, slipped beside opponent, got decent shot on net while being taken down. (Can another NHL'er even visualize that play, let alone execute?)
A couple of TBay thoughts as well.
- If James Neal is the "Real Deal", what is Stamkos? A shooter's shooter, don't want to see him in games that count (Can't imagine his confidence ever getting down like it was 3 yrs back)
- TBay may win the SE Div, but unless they rectify goaltending, they'll need major luck to advance
- Lots of money tied up in guys not getting it done... Stevie Y still has his work cut out for him.