Game 19 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Game 19 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:59 am

tfrizz wrote:
Pens stuck to the game plan


Get a lead then stop playing? :pop:


Image Image Image
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,363
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:56 am
Location: A parallel universe called New Pittsburgh

Re: Game 19 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:03 am

Kovy27 wrote:
PghSkins wrote:- Woo-ing started as early as the 1st. Please God no.


It was started by a couple of idiots behind me in 216. They made my night pretty miserable. We got our season tickets this year and have been pretty disappointed that we were put in a section that there are not many season ticket holders. I know a co-worker left 216 because of this.


My first year with season tickets had this guy behind me that was unbearable yelling about Recchi. Sometime shortly after new years I was about to get up and yell at him but someone did it for me. The rest of the section cheered. The guy was not back. It was great. If I some day gain some kind of faith, I will look back to that story as what opened me up to the idea. I like to think that all of these ******* will be embarrassed to the point of not coming back to their seats at some point.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,242
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Game 19 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Rylan on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:11 am

Vitale is an absolute beast.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,018
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Game 19 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby llipgh2 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:18 am

Kovy27 wrote:
PghSkins wrote:- Woo-ing started as early as the 1st. Please God no.


It was started by a couple of idiots behind me in 216. They made my night pretty miserable. We got our season tickets this year and have been pretty disappointed that we were put in a section that there are not many season ticket holders. I know a co-worker left 216 because of this.


I think the seats in front of me are available. They used to be STH seats, but I have yet to see the regulars there. They rarely came last season, I think they might have given them up. Someone new in the seats every game this year.

My section is mostly season ticket holders from the old F 30 balcony in the Civic/Mellon/Civic Arena.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,744
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: Gasp! The Clamboni!

Re: Game 19 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Gaucho on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:39 am

RisslingsMissingTeeth wrote:
Gaucho wrote:
RisslingsMissingTeeth wrote:
- Could we just try Boychuk over Glass?


Nope.


I mean, I get it and all it is just that I saw something in Boychuk that impressed me creativity wise. I think a line with he, Bennett, and Sutter could be a potential goal scoring threat everytime. I just would like to see it tried. Too bad there aren't any practice games once the season starts. Oh well.


The way TK has been playing, I guess I wouldn't mind him being replaced by DJ or Zach for a couple of games, but not Glass. Glass has a certain role on the team and imo he's done a good job. He's not going to score a lot of goals, but then, neither is Boychuk. He's like a lapdance. He shows you enough to get all worked up and excited, but then nothing else happens and you sit there, left to your, uh, own devices.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,534
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: Game 19 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby columbia on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:41 am

The certainly wins the coveted Analogy of the Year award.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,368
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: Game 19 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Wyopen on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:45 am

Who has/had the better wrist shot, Alex Kovalev in his prime (moon dance) or James Neal?
Wyopen
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: Game 19 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:47 am

Wyopen wrote:Who has/had the better wrist shot, Alex Kovalev in his prime (moon dance) or James Neal?

Kovy. There's an argument to be made but man Kovy. He would just small flick of the wrist and boom. Neal loads more but his shot is still spectacular.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,869
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Game 19 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Gaucho on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:48 am

Kovy hands down.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,534
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: Game 19 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:52 am

Yeah I think its Kovy pretty easily. So amazing.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,242
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Game 19 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Rylan on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:54 am

Kovy no doubt.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,018
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Game 19 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Shakes on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:05 pm

Kovy.

Check out the shot at :50.

Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,903
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: Game 19 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby canaan on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:09 pm

PghSkins wrote:- Woo-ing started as early as the 1st. Please God no.

Image
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,954
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: Game 19 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Mango Salsa on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:18 pm

Anyone else noticed the last couple games a fan can be heard thru the announcers mic yelling typical yinzer armchair coaching tips...C'mawn Letang you gotta step up there! C'mawn shoot da dang puck! Dat's a penalty! Dey cant do dat! Dangit hit somebody!

Maybe it could be a drinking game or something
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,464
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:43 pm
Location: Inside a Filet-o-Fish sandwich

Re: Game 19 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby raewhit on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:21 pm

Ewww, that Sandra Bullock gif is so scary. Her neck is nasty! She could use some "neckmeat".
raewhit
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:55 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Game 19 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby ILikeTurtles on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:26 pm

Penspal wrote:Pens win 5-3
- The ice at Mellon does not appear to be great (was it a factor on Malkin's tumble into the boards???)

I'd say the ice there is pretty bad.
Image
ILikeTurtles
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,949
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:39 pm
Location: Searching the Congo for Crocosaurus.

Re: Game 19 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Lesky on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:50 pm

ILikeTurtles wrote:
Penspal wrote:Pens win 5-3
- The ice at Mellon does not appear to be great (was it a factor on Malkin's tumble into the boards???)

I'd say the ice there is pretty bad.
Image


:lol:

This brought me a needed laugh!
Lesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,477
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:56 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Game 19 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Penspal on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:53 pm

Lesky wrote:
ILikeTurtles wrote:
Penspal wrote:Pens win 5-3
- The ice at Mellon does not appear to be great (was it a factor on Malkin's tumble into the boards???)

I'd say the ice there is pretty bad.
Image


:lol:

This brought me a needed laugh!


I thought I'd changed it to CEC, but whatever, Geno fell down a dark hole, and doesn't remember any of it.
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,501
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:12 am
Location: dark recesses of Sid's brain

Re: Game 19 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Penspal on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:58 pm

Gaucho wrote:
RisslingsMissingTeeth wrote:
Gaucho wrote:
RisslingsMissingTeeth wrote:
- Could we just try Boychuk over Glass?


Nope.


I mean, I get it and all it is just that I saw something in Boychuk that impressed me creativity wise. I think a line with he, Bennett, and Sutter could be a potential goal scoring threat everytime. I just would like to see it tried. Too bad there aren't any practice games once the season starts. Oh well.


The way TK has been playing, I guess I wouldn't mind him being replaced by DJ or Zach for a couple of games, but not Glass. Glass has a certain role on the team and imo he's done a good job. He's not going to score a lot of goals, but then, neither is Boychuk. He's like a lapdance. He shows you enough to get all worked up and excited, but then nothing else happens and you sit there, left to your, uh, own devices.


Man, how you can put that up there and only one other person comment on it is beyond me. I guess it goes to show that some people just don't read. Then of course, some people just don't get it.

THIS IS A GEM. POTW if we still have that illustrious award.

I believe that you will see HCDB give guys a maintenance game off here and there. Boychuk will get some time soon, GMRS doesn't like people riding the pine for so long... especially if they get splinters :wink:
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,501
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:12 am
Location: dark recesses of Sid's brain

Re: Game 19 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Pens Fan Since 1970 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:18 pm

Please no more woo-ing and please stop the playing of "Rock and Roll Part 2" aka "Hey" song (whatever you want to call it) after every Pens goal.
Pens Fan Since 1970
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:00 am

Re: Game 19 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby penny lane on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:24 pm

fun has been cast out of the Consol.

Good win, was worried in the 3rd. marty st. louie, still and always, quality player against the penguins.
Congrats to Beau Bennett! Congrats to 200 assists for matt cooke! :D

i'll see tampa, next monday.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,643
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

Re: Game 19 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Kovy27 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:24 pm

Pens Fan Since 1970 wrote:Please no more woo-ing and please stop the playing of "Rock and Roll Part 2" aka "Hey" song (whatever you want to call it) after every Pens goal.


Hey song is better than Woo Hoo.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,611
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: Game 19 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Rocco on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:31 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
Pens Fan Since 1970 wrote:Please no more woo-ing and please stop the playing of "Rock and Roll Part 2" aka "Hey" song (whatever you want to call it) after every Pens goal.


Hey song is better than Woo Hoo.


As far as I know the guys from Blur aren't pedophiles, which gives them something over Gary Glitter.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,054
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: Game 19 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Pens Fan Since 1970 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:39 pm

Rocco wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
Pens Fan Since 1970 wrote:Please no more woo-ing and please stop the playing of "Rock and Roll Part 2" aka "Hey" song (whatever you want to call it) after every Pens goal.


Hey song is better than Woo Hoo.


As far as I know the guys from Blur aren't pedophiles, which gives them something over Gary Glitter.


:thumb:
Pens Fan Since 1970
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:00 am

Re: Game 19 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:48 pm

What if there was another version of song 2 that was just "wooooooo"?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,242
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: indian, Mad City Mike, MalkinIsMyHomeboy, Mario66lemieux and 21 guests


e-mail